Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there September sleevers! Any one out there?

I hope so... I don't want to gove my job any less than 4 weeks notice. Thank you

Someone at work gave me like a 5lb bag of chocolate Shakeology. I guess I know what I'll be trying this weekend. I also tried Powerful Yogurt today (Maple flavored). It's like 170 or 190 calories, but is like 21 g of Protein. Was pretty good. I tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate, but it was way too sweet for me. So I guess I have tried a few things. Right now I'm just suffering horrible PMS and want to inhale my house. :-)

I have my follow up on the 30th so we'll see what happens next. I think we're supposed to talk dates. I was low on Vitamin D in my labs so they have me on special supplements for that. I can't do surgery until Sept anyway with work and vacations. I want to be able to throw my little guy around the pool and I can't do that post-surgery. Probably couldn't do it earlier now anyway with the Vitamin D issue as I have to get re-tested in 2 months. I just keep plugging along.

Hey I'm looking to be a September sleever as well

Looks like we have quite a few August/September sleevers. Makes me feel a little less anxious knowing I am not alone in this. For a surgery date I am shooting for the beginning of September, during the long holiday weekend. It's after my son's birthday, before mine and before all the big holidays. I haven't had any blood work or tests yet. I am anxiously awaiting the next steps.

Edited by notforthefaint

I'm starting to buy everything I will need pre op and post op. All Vitamins, Protein powders, nutri ninja, promixxer, dual Water bottles for Protein Shakes and smoothies... also a 32oz water bottle, gas-x, and a few things to add to my overnight bag. I'm planning to go grocery shopping a few days before for my Jello, broths, crystal light, and popsicles.... all sugar free of course. I like to plan ahead and be organized ...lol

Edited by Sleevemetoo

Hello... I'm a possible August or September sleever here. I started the journey 5/20...after my medical consult with the surgeon, Nutritionist, and Psychiatrist... I was a cigarette smoker, so my surgeon told me he wants me smoke free for 3 months. I haven't picked up a cigarette since 5/25. I was order labs and a sleep study, which I got my labs done and the earliest for the study is 8/7... my pre-determination letter was sent on 6/9 and I received my approval today 6/18. I also have a prep session on 8/10, which I believe will be the day my preop diet starts... just a feeling. I can't schedule until after my sleep study. Once I schedule the surgery, I'll also schedule my nutritionist visit to go over pre and post op nutrition.... and an anesthesia visit. The process is moving fairly faster, because I work for the hospital the is doing the surgery and my insurance is hospital insurance (private *** network). I'm really excited... I'm currently 275lbs bmi of 43.6 and my goal is 145-150lbs...

wow its like almost everything u said was like me, same current weight ,same goal weight and same expected sleeve surgery month, please keep me updated and best of luck on your journey

Hi guys!

I too should be getting RNY in September... I feel the same way. can't wait! I have my next two appointments coming up in July and August. In August I should have a date. ????????. From Chicago.

I'm a possible September sleever... I just need to schedule my surgery, but can't schedule until after my sleep study in Aug on the 7th. Keep me posted on your journey.

Hey I'm looking to be a September sleever as well

I'm looking schedule the 1st or 2nd week of Sept. Because I have to give my job 30 days notice. To be honest, if they have a date for the end of August I'll take that, I'm just to excite to wait... I've been waiting my entire life.

Looks like we have quite a few August/September sleevers. Makes me feel a little less anxious knowing I am not alone in this. For a surgery date I am shooting for the beginning of September, during the long holiday weekend. It's after my son's birthday, before mine and before all the big holidays. I haven't had any blood work or tests yet. I am anxiously awaiting the next steps.

There is a lot of us on here to hopefully give support to one another. I am so ready like all of you to get this done. Lol. My latest Protein Drink I got this week us pure Protein. Has 23g protein 1g sugar and only 110 calories. Looks like this one will be it for me

I start the beginning of March. My insurance requires primary dr recommendation, psych eval, 6 appoints with Nut, sleep apnea test, exercise module. I've only got 2 more Nut visits and will be finished on Aug 19th. I'm going on a cruise on labor day so will see if I can have surgery after that. I was bummed when I found out how long it would take too-- but now that I've got 3-1/2 months under my belt I am really glad that it is taking this long. This is such a life changing event that it is good to really prepare and get your mind in the right place. My doctor required me to lose or at least stay the same for each weigh in. I am so happy that I have already lost 35lbs! I am hoping that I'll lose at least another 16 by surgery so that I will only have 100 to lose post-surgery! This forum is fantastic- Thank you to everyone who continues to participate even after surgery and getting to goal. It is very encouraging to all of us newbies!

@@perk4756 which one did you get?

Pure Protein from Walmart. Has less sugar|calories and more protein than others I've tried. This is abt the 5th kind. My favorite tasting was Boost high protein, but has 13g sugar. But this one is the healthiest so far

@@perk4756 thanks! I will check it out!

Notforthefaint- I am going to get the sleeve. How about you?

Hey everyone-- just do a quick comment and let us know what surgery you are going for.

SLEEVE