Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your past slob memory

For me it was when I was 12 years old and we had a seven eleven that opened down the road. They had a fast eating contest and I went up against another boy my age in a pie eating contest. Anyway I finished my pie while the other boy was having his first bite. I won a slurped. What is one of your past memory as a slob.

Ok, this is really horrible to admit because I never was a big eater and I felt like such a pig afterward.

My downfall was pie! I love pie! I am a great pie maker but rarely made it because I knew what would happen.

My husband went away for the weekend a couple years ago and I was very bored. I decided to make a deep dish apple pie from scratch.

Well I could barely wait for that pie to cool, I sliced a rather large piece and ate it. It was absolutely delicious!

About an hour later I just had to have another piece. And shortly after that another piece.

I ate that whole damn thing by the end of the day! A whole stinking pie! I felt like the biggest slob ever.

To say the least I never made pie again when my husband was gone for fear I would eat the whole thing in one day.

I remember being very ashamed that I had done that.

Now, I am very happy if I snag one little bite of someone else's. It satisfies me and I am done. Usually it is too sweet and I do not bake them at home anymore. Thank goodness!

I was about 15 years old, at home, bored, alone, and hungry, bad combination! So I decided to make a pizza, a big pizza at that!! So when it was done I had a piece and then another, and then another and before I knew it I ate the whole damn pizza!! OMG I got soo soo sick! I never told anyone what I did, what a shame! that was my sob slob story

@@Djmohr

I could have EASILY eaten a whole pie in one day. I actually probably have several times. I was the ultimate "picker" as my mom used to call it. I would keep going back and pick pick pick food until it was gone. I'm noticing I'm starting to pick again to a certain extent. I'm going to have to be mindful of that....

I remember when I was in high school and I ordered four meat pies for lunch the canteen lady said to me it's very nice of you ordering for your friends too.

I've eaten enough spaghetti in one sitting to literally make myself sick. Cooked up nearly the whole box...and then ate it all...even cold out of the pot after I put it in the fridge. What horrible feelings of hatred and self loathing that brings up for me. I tap into those old feelings whenever I feel the urge to eat more than I need. That's usually all I need to stop me cold.

A couple of years ago I stopped at a gas station on the way to work to get a donut not even to get gas. I picked out 2 big ones - like apple fritters. They guy said, they're old. I said, I'll take them anyway. He looked at me with utter disdain and said, you can have them for free (you miserable slob).

Four grilled cheese sandwiches in one sitting, in a bathrobe, on the couch, watching TV.

Regularly and always alone.

And I wasn't a kid either.

I'm so glad I don't do that anymore.

(Slobovian pro tip: grilled cheese leaves a very distinct aroma in the house. Plan your binge early in the day accordingly.)

I have too many to list but the one that sticks out in my mind happened this past Christmas. Someone gave us a HUGE box of delicious Cookies from my favorite bakery. My husband brought the box in before going to work and I had eaten the whole thing by the time he got home that night. It was probably 3 dozen various cookies, some of which I really didn't care about but they were here and I had no self control. I was so ashamed I lied :-( and told him I gave some to my parents and siblings who live close by. I had been doing Weight Watchers for a year and that started my gaining spiral again. I never want to feel like that again, or have to lie to the person I love the most because I'm a slob!! It still bothers me!

I remember being in college and eating a whole dozen of krispy kremes in a matter of hours. Talk about instant diabetes...

@@lexiemustang I did that too. We had this little norwegian mexican place where you could get a plate of nachos and pitcher of beer for $2.50. My roommate and I would pick up cans during the week and turn them in for $$ at the grocery store. We'd go on Friday nights (after having starved ourselves all week). At midnight, the Kum & Go (I kid you not) next door would sell their remaining donuts for the day at $1.00 per dozen.

WTH was I thinking???

One of my weaknesses used to be the Little Debbie Swiss Rolls, and you could buy them in a box of 12. My usual snack was to polish off an entire box in one sitting, usually about 6 minutes!!!

Another was those icing covered honeybuns that you could buy 2 for $1.00...I would buy 4 at a time for a snack, and have a 2-liter bottle of soda to wash it all down...the funny thing was the soda had to be a DIET soda, since I was trying to cut down!! Yeah, right!!!

The third was KFC chicken...in order to cut down, I wouldn't eat the skin from the chicken. So instead of eating 8 full pieces, I would eat 14 skinless pieces!!! What a slob I was!!! Now I can barely eat 1 skinless leg or thigh...thank goodness!!!

I've had so many slob moments it's not even funny. One that sticks out was my husband was in pa with his friends. His friends are vegan and took him to this vegan bakery. He brought me home 4 mini cakes of different flavors......I ate them all in one day and was so sick and ASHAMED!!

I once worked in a donut shop and one day the boss told me to throw out a tray of about 20 donuts as they didn't sell for a few days. I took them round the back and started eating them when the boss came in there was about 4 left he saw me while I pretended I was throwing them in the bin he said why are you throwing them away one by one I just smiled.

"(Slobovian pro tip: grilled cheese leaves a very distinct aroma in the house. Plan your binge early in the day accordingly.)"

LOL! That's funny - AND helpful!