Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in the process of interviewing a few of the more popular PS in Tijuana that have been used by folks on this and other boards.

For those of you who have done this already can you tell me how you traveled and where did you stay post-op? Also what were your opinions of your choices?

I will be traveling from New York.

I traveled from Western NY to San Diego, with a layover in Chicago. I was picked up at the airport by one of the nurses from the recovery house I stayed in. She brought me across the border to the recovery house, where I met with my surgeon. My surgeon marked me all up with a marker and explained everything she was going to be doing. I slept in the recover house that night and then was taken to the surgical center early the next morning. Had my surgery. Stayed that night in the surgical center. Then went back to the recovery house the day after surgery and stayed there for two weeks. Then I was taken back across the border and flew home with a layover in Chicago again.

My surgeon was Dra. Laura Carmina Cardenas and I stayed in the Beauty Care Recovery House, which provided me with 24/7 nursing care and all my food and everything. They even gave me slippers and robes to wear all the time, so I didn't have to bring my own clothes (except underwear).

@@JamieLogical,

I've been lurking on the RS and "following" Dra. Cardenas. Most reviewers refer to her as the Queen in regards to TTs, but the reviews are mixed with the BBL. What are your thoughts? You had a TT and grafting to the butt done at the same time right? Were you happy with her work (especially the fat grafting) and if you had to do it all over again, would you have a TT and grafting done at the same time?

Ally

I traveled from Western NY to San Diego, with a layover in Chicago. I was picked up at the airport by one of the nurses from the recovery house I stayed in. She brought me across the border to the recovery house, where I met with my surgeon. My surgeon marked me all up with a marker and explained everything she was going to be doing. I slept in the recover house that night and then was taken to the surgical center early the next morning. Had my surgery. Stayed that night in the surgical center. Then went back to the recovery house the day after surgery and stayed there for two weeks. Then I was taken back across the border and flew home with a layover in Chicago again.

My surgeon was Dra. Laura Carmina Cardenas and I stayed in the Beauty Care Recovery House, which provided me with 24/7 nursing care and all my food and everything. They even gave me slippers and robes to wear all the time, so I didn't have to bring my own clothes (except underwear).

@@JamieLogical,

I've been lurking on the RS and "following" Dra. Cardenas. Most reviewers refer to her as the Queen in regards to TTs, but the reviews are mixed with the BBL. What are your thoughts? You had a TT and grafting to the butt done at the same time right? Were you happy with her work (especially the fat grafting) and if you had to do it all over again, would you have a TT and grafting done at the same time?

Ally

I am beyond thrilled with the results of my Tummy Tuck. Like WAY beyond thrilled. I ultimately regained 80 pounds after my plastics and my TT held up through it all. Now that I have re-lost the weight post-sleeve, my TT still looks perfect. You can see some photos in my gallery, but the most recent ones were from March. I've lost about 10 more pounds since then.

The fat grafting held up surprisingly well through my weight re-gain and re-loss as well, but I think it would have been better had I not had such huge weight fluctuation. I think (though I don't know with certainty) that having the TT and fat grafting done at the same time may have contributed to the complication I had with soft tissue swelling in my lower back. Because my tummy tuck was so extensive, there was only a 3-4 inch "gap" in the scar near my butt crack. If you consider that that little gap was the only place for fluids to move between the upper and lower halves of my body, with all of my other lymphatic channels being severed by the TT, then you add to that the fact that I had to have a lot of fat injected into the top of my butt (since that's where it was most hollowed out after my weight loss), then it's possible that the fat grafting served to block the Fluid movement between my upper and lower body as well. So the Fluid had no choice but to build up in my lower back. That's my theory anyway.

So I guess I would say that if you have to have a lot of grafting to the TOP of your butt and you are having an extended TT with a very long incision, then it might be best not to do both at once. However, my swelling issue went away years ago and I've just been enjoying the results of both my TT and FG since then, so I really have no complaints at this point.

Edit: I really cannot say enough about how happy I am with my TT. My scar is very symmetrical and it is so low that you can't see it even when I am wearing the skimpiest of panties.

That's awesome news! I know the type of look I want, but I'm unsure what's required to get it. TT definitely -- more than likely an extensive one. My poor rump is like a pan of Jello. I joke that I pour it into my clothes. I think grafting of some sort will be needed in order to achieve that hourglass/doll figure. I just don't want multiple surgeries. Why can't we have it all?

But..... (no pun intended) I am worried about some of the potential complications if I have those two procedures done. I have Von Willebrands and will need to have Iron infusions prior to the surgery (stateside) and require DDAVP right before and after the procedure. I'm going to have a discussion with my Hemo/Onc and the surgeon I select regarding the purchase of the DDAVP. It might be cheaper to purchase it across the boarder instead of with my high-@$$ insurance.

I'm going to go check out your pictures. Thanks so much for your post!

@@JamieLogical,

Ally

I am beyond thrilled with the results of my Tummy Tuck. Like WAY beyond thrilled. I ultimately regained 80 pounds after my plastics and my TT held up through it all. Now that I have re-lost the weight post-sleeve, my TT still looks perfect. You can see some photos in my gallery, but the most recent ones were from March. I've lost about 10 more pounds since then.

The fat grafting held up surprisingly well through my weight re-gain and re-loss as well, but I think it would have been better had I not had such huge weight fluctuation. I think (though I don't know with certainty) that having the TT and fat grafting done at the same time may have contributed to the complication I had with soft tissue swelling in my lower back. Because my tummy tuck was so extensive, there was only a 3-4 inch "gap" in the scar near my butt crack. If you consider that that little gap was the only place for fluids to move between the upper and lower halves of my body, with all of my other lymphatic channels being severed by the TT, then you add to that the fact that I had to have a lot of fat injected into the top of my butt (since that's where it was most hollowed out after my weight loss), then it's possible that the fat grafting served to block the Fluid movement between my upper and lower body as well. So the Fluid had no choice but to build up in my lower back. That's my theory anyway.

So I guess I would say that if you have to have a lot of grafting to the TOP of your butt and you are having an extended TT with a very long incision, then it might be best not to do both at once. However, my swelling issue went away years ago and I've just been enjoying the results of both my TT and FG since then, so I really have no complaints at this point.

Edit: I really cannot say enough about how happy I am with my TT. My scar is very symmetrical and it is so low that you can't see it even when I am wearing the skimpiest of panties.

I haven't had surgery in Mexico..yet! I've done tons of research and narrowed it down to two. Dr. Cervantes and his wife Dr. Aragon. And then Dr. Laura Cardenas.

@@allycatt98 I preciously posted some more before/after pics on the first page of this thread if you hadn't seen them:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/337866-plastics-before-after-post-your-pics-here/

Snacky,

Let you know what you find out about the wife/husband team. I couldn't really get a feel for them yet because they only have a handful of reviews on RS.

Ally

I haven't had surgery in Mexico..yet! I've done tons of research and narrowed it down to two. Dr. Cervantes and his wife Dr. Aragon. And then Dr. Laura Cardenas.< /p>

I haven't had surgery in Mexico..yet! I've done tons of research and narrowed it down to two. Dr. Cervantes and his wife Dr. Aragon. And then Dr. Laura Cardenas.< /p>

Here is a link for a story that I read regarding Dr Cervantes and Dr Aragon.

http://www.realself.com/review/tijuana-tijuana-plastica-mommy-makeover-dr-cervantes-aragon-botched-read-contact?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NL2XWeekPMT%202015-08-25&utm_term=All%20Other%20Newsletter#

Dr Cardenas seems to do excellent work.

I am also looking at Dr Cervantes and Aragon at Hosp Angeles. I assume they will cost more since the procedure is performed at Hosp Angeles.

I already received quotes from Dr Fuentes at cosmed and Dr Victor Gutierrez.< /p>

Here is a story regarding dr Cervantes and Aragon

http://www.realself.com/review/tijuana-tijuana-plastica-mommy-makeover-dr-cervantes-aragon-botched-read-contact?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NL2XWeekPMT%202015-08-25&utm_term=All%20Other%20Newsletter#

Today I picked up my galfriend at the airport... She had neck and eye work done in Tijuana , Mexico ! She looked fabulous... Minimal bruising. Little bit of swelling.

I was leery, but this is her second trip to the wishing well and she got a lot of value for 3,000 bucks!!!

They came to San Diego and picked her up and delivered her to a private residence .

She returns in 9 days for a brief check up.

I am kinda a USA surgery girl, but I am opening up to the value and quality care available in Mexico⭐️

She also recommends staying in TJ a fee more days.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I stayed in TJ two full weeks post-op and my drains were still draining a fair amount, but she pulled them anyway. If you leave TJ any sooner, keep in mind that you may be traveling with your drains still in.