Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@emiko_oz We're on the same day! Good luck.

Just talked with HR to start the leave/FMLA process... Fun!!

How long is everyone planning on taking off?

I am planning on 4 weeks, but might take longer depending on how I feel. I am a nurse and my 12 hour night shifts are hard! I do a lot of lifting, pulling, standing, walking. Also no time to drink Water or pee for extended times... ????????

One more question- what is everyone telling people? Are you open about the surgery or not?

I don't want to tell many people. So far my husband, sister (who had a sleeve done 3 months ago), my dad and possibly my brother if he heard from my mom. I didn't tell him directly. I don't want to discuss it at work at all- I am concerned about judgements.. ???????? I don't know what I will do if people start asking me about what surgery or why I am becoming super skinny! ????????

Edited by TMG1980TMG

@@emiko_oz We're on the same day! Good luck.

Good luck to you too!!

How long did it take for everyone's insurance I been waiting a week

I was a little under a week! BCBS Federal

2 Days, but they mailed out the approval instead of calling so I didn't know until the 5th day!

Thanks for your quick response

I am planning on 4 weeks, but might take longer depending on how I feel. I am a nurse and my 12 hour night shifts are hard! I a lot of lifting,

I don't want to tell many people. So far my husband, sister (who had a sleeve done 3 months ago), my dad and possibly my brother if he heard from my mom. I didn't tell him directly. I don't want to discuss it at work at all- I am concerned about judgements.. ???????? I don't know what I will do if people start asking me about what surgery or why I am becoming super skinny! ????????

I'm only taking a week or two but I sit at a desk, mostly.

I'm telling close friends and family, and I don't think I'll have a problem telling others. I did at first but then I felt liberated. Everyone where I work (small staff of 18) knows. It's easier because one of the ladies I work with, her hubby got a sleeve a couple months back.

So I just enrolled into school and I start the 14th Monday-Thursday and my surgery is Oct 5th how long will it be out or will I be able to attend my classes once I am released from the hospital? My classes are 2 hours a day. One is Monday and Weds 1-245 the other 9am-1045am. What should I tell my teachers.

Still no answer on the insurance anyone know of people that have been turned down. I'm worried they are taking too long????

I waited about a week and a half for my approval. I called the insurance and was told the day it was approved. My insurance is FEP Blue (BCBS).

Still no answer on the insurance anyone know of people that have been turned down. I'm worried they are taking too long????

Have you called them? You should call and make sure they have everything they need to process and how long it usually takes for review. ????

I called numerous times and was told it was pending until the second week I finally was told it was approved. U should call like my insurance got the paperwork on the 8th but didn't start the review until the 18th and got an approval on this past Tuesday the 1st