Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@betrthnever It looks like you are considering a revision from Lap-Band to RNY. Is that correct? If so, why? I ask because you say you are on the fence, and I am assuming you mean you are on the fence about getting the revision to RNY.

@@betrthnever It looks like you are considering a revision from Lap-Band to RNY. Is that correct? If so, why? I ask because you say you are on the fence, and I am assuming you mean you are on the fence about getting the revision to RNY.

Toasty, that was definitely an incomplete thought LOL Yes, I'm being revised from a band to a RNY.. I am getting married in December and I didn't know if I should wait until December or have it right away (in September). Decided that I'm not going to risk losing the approval and will have it in September.

There is also the thought of forever losing my ability to eat what I want. The very thing that got me here in the first place. I remember grieving for food when I was banded and I'm sure it will even be worse with this new surgery. But I will move forward with this.

There is also the thought of forever losing my ability to eat what I want. The very thing that got me here in the first place. I remember grieving for food when I was banded and I'm sure it will even be worse with this new surgery. But I will move forward with this.

@@betrthnever I know it seems like with RNY we will have to give up all of the foods we enjoy, but I have heard a lot of RNY long-term veterans indicate that they are able to eat pretty much what they want, in moderation. The successful ones seem to stick to generally low-carb, high-protein healthy foods, with small portion sizes. It's these veterans that give me the optimism about my future after RNY.

For an example, I would recommend reading the blog "The World According To Eggface" (http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/). I really enjoy reading her blog, it's got some incredible ideas, and gives you some idea of what to expect to be able to eat long-term after RNY.

In the short term, say the first year after surgery, our diets will be much stricter because our bodies will enforce restrictions on us, but that's a good thing to give us time to learn how to eat properly. Then, once our bodies have adapted, we can use the new habits we have formed to ensure a lifetime of healthy eating and permanent weight loss. At least that is what I hope.

@@toasty

thanks Toasty! I'll check out the link.

Hi everyone, my surgery date is September 1, 2015 and I'm so nervous.

I hope all went well today!

What is your name on Facebook I'll try and find you I have two accounts but one I don't really use

My name is Phena Hackett from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Had my surgery at 2pm on Sept 1st. It is absolutely painless except for gas in chest/shoulders area. I was up walking around by 9pm. For all those worried, I have a low pain tolerance and would not hesitate to do it all over again, what a breeze. Surgery took 2 hrs, by the time I woke up it was nearly 6pm, and was walking the hall with my IV at 9pm. Hope you all have a smooth surgery like I did!

So so happy for you please keep me updated I need all the positive reinforcement I can get Hope the rest of your journey goes as well

My sleeve to bypass revision is scheduled for 9/28. I am so ready for it to get here but nervous as well. Friend me on Facebook as well. I would love to have some extra support. My husband is very supportive but my family, not so much. The reflux I have from the sleeve is unreal and I am so ready to be free of it!! Good luck to everyone!

My surgery is scheduled for next Friday. 8 days !!! I'm so excited. I really enjoy ready everyone's posts ... thank you

@ Jenaenae84, I just added you. Phena Hackett ????

Good luck keep in touch after the surgery

I am getting closer to my date! September 8th!

Good luck keep in touch after the surgery

What part of Ohio are you from?