Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 14 (or close )Sleeve Date Friends

Not that I know of but I'm part of a Facebook support forum gastric sleeve and bariatric surgery support group and they share a lot of recipes.

How is week 3 going for people?

It's going well for me. I go for my month checkup tomorrow so far I was down 27lbs as of week 1 1/2 so hopefully I lost more. I'm easily getting all my liquids. How are you?

I'm stalled/constipation issues. But my sleeve is fine. I can eat and drink. Got to work on energy so I can workout and increasing my Water intake.

Those of us 2 weeks out. How is soft foods going?

Surg July 13th... So far I seem to get the most frustrated when eating. It hurts still quite a bit if I don't really munch it down. Can't seem to do eggs... Still hungry which seems often. I wish I didn't have the craving/hunger.

Hi everyone! I was a July 16 revision, (band to sleeve).

I was curious about a couple of things.

1. About how ............!

I am 23 days post op today. Have lost 24.6 pounds since day 1 of pre-op low carb diet. The last 2 weeks I haven't lost a pound. :(. But dr says it completely normal and to be expected. The liver is "filling" back up and it takes time, and it's heavier (glycogen) so that's why the stall. Phew...

Protein Shakes is what nutritionist said I should be getting most of my Protein from still at this stage. And not to worry about tracking calories/carbs etc... Just to take it slow and give time to heal. Sick sick sick of the shakes.

But have gone too fast or too soon with certain things and Had a few dumping episodes.... Not fun!!!

My stages were:

PO Days 1-2: clear liquid only

Days: 3-9: Full Liquids - including strained Soups, thinned yogurt etc...

Days 10-16: pureed Foods - anything that is basically blended - with no chunks/pieces. Start Vitamins

Days 17-30: Mechanical Soft - Mushy. Tuna/egg salad, ground meats in sauces, toasted bread, deli meats, cooked veggies.

Days 31+: Regular foods

Sharp Pain: yes. First week it was the larger lower incision that was tender, sharp pings and felt like it pulled. Went away and was fine.

But on day 15 I started to get a diff pain on my right side only when I laid on my left side or moved just right. It was odd... Dr said it sounded like tissue healing etc... Some thought gallbladder, but it's gotten better.

½-¾ cup I believe. Haven't really measured. Depends on what I'm trying to eat.

Oh and I do still have a good amount of pain and did when I transitioned to thicker foods/drinks. It seemed like I was never going to get past the constant pain when food would travel down.

It has gotten better, but still have pain sometimes. I like to stand when I eat. It seems to feel better

I am 23 days post op today. Have lost 24.6 pounds since day 1 of pre-op low carb diet. The last 2 weeks I haven't lost a pound. :(. But dr says it completely normal and to be expected. The liver is "filling" back up and it takes time, and it's heavier (glycogen) so that's why the stall. Phew...

Protein Shakes is what nutritionist said I should be getting most of my Protein from still at this stage. And not to worry about tracking calories/carbs etc... Just to take it slow and give time to heal. Sick sick sick of the shakes.

But have gone too fast or too soon with certain things and Had a few dumping episodes.... Not fun!!!

My stages were:

Days 10-16: pureed Foods - anything that is basically blended - with ...

Thank you so much, this helps so much!

Oh I feel so much better reading your post. I have lost about the same since pre op, only 10 post op and stalled for 2 weeks. I have tracked everything and eaten less than 1000 cals every day. Last two days I didn't do Protein Shakes and I got 60 grams of Protein from food, soft foods. I felt more full that way and actually had less cals since my shakes were adding more calories than I could eat. But that stall is so frustrating. I was like wth, am I failing. My body refuses to lose? Did he say when you might see some loss of weight again?

Protein shakes is what nutritionist said I should be getting most of my protein from still at this stage. And not to worry about tracking calories/carbs etc... Just to take it slow and give time to heal. Sick sick sick of the shakes.

My stages were:

Days 10-16: pureed Foods - anything that is basically blended - with no chunks/pieces. Start vitamins

Days 17-30: Mechanical Soft - Mushy. Tuna/egg salad, ground meats in sauces, toasted bread, deli meats, cooked veggies.

Sharp Pain: yes. First week it was the larger lower incision that was tender, sharp pings and felt like it pulled. Went away and was fine.

But on day 15 I started to get a diff pain on my right side only when I laid on my left side or moved just right. It was odd... Dr said it sounded like tissue healing etc... Some thought gallbladder, but it's gotten better.

am am 3 weeks out. I have yogurt, blueberries, well chewed chicken (roasted), scrambled egg well chewed, Protein Shakes and Protein puddings. I don't get in all my Water but at least 48 ounces (not counting any shakes). I have started to avoid the shakes and eat more of the foods mentioned because I am getting my protein 60g+ that way and feeling fuller than on shakes. I also eat alot of sugar free popcicles and Jello when I want to snack (head hunger) so that I am getting few calories and filling up. I feel like I can eat more than alot of you guys mention but I think maybe that is because I am smaller in general pre surgery 166 and surgery 155 (but I was a revision from a slipped lap band). I am really concentrating on protein protein protein and chew chew chew and sip sip sip. Doing pretty great I think as far as following that and staying low in calories and carbs. I just want this stall to end so I can feel some progress in the flesh. But I went through too much to give up. I also feel I need to walk more but that is difficult with my time and schedule. I get 7000 steps (whatever that means) generally each day.

1. About how many calories/protien is everyone getting in? Being 17 days out, I have a huge struggle with getting in fluids and protien in. I am supposed to be on just liquid protien and creamy Soups still for another week, and I basically have given up on trying because the thought of another protien drink is nauseating. I called and asked if I can branch into Greek yogurt and got that blessing. But I am currently getting in maybe 300-400 calories a day if I am lucky.

2. At 17 days post op, what stage of diet were you on? Any good recipes if yoj are post liquids? I am still on liquids, but I would kill to have a soft cooked egg. Or something more than a cream Soup. I am not asking for a burger, I am totally down with a healthy choice. I just can't take another shake. (I sound pathetic I know, lol)

3. Has anyone had sharp pains on their sides or an aching pain? My recovery was not as traditional. I have two small kids and went back to work after day 4. My husband has tried to help, but he works about 70 hours a week, so I have been doing my best to manage life with recovery while tending to all my duties.

5. How much can you take in in a sitting? I can do 1/2 cup and then I am done.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Congratulations to all of us on this excited journey!

Earlier on I was also having the Protein Soups from WonderSlim brand bariatricchoice.com and other sites sell it. but I prefer the puddings.

Oh I feel so much better reading your post. I have lost about the same since pre op, only 10 post op and stalled for 2 weeks. I have tracked everything and eaten less than 1000 cals every day. Last two days I didn't do Protein Shakes and I got 60 grams of protein from food, soft foods. I felt more full that way and actually had less cals since my shakes were adding more calories than I could eat. But that stall is so frustrating. I was like wth, am I failing. My body refuses to lose? Did he say when you might see some loss of weight again?

Protein shakes is what nutritionist said I should be getting most of my protein from still at this stage. And not to worry about tracking calories/carbs etc... Just to take it slow and give time to heal. Sick sick sick of the shakes.

My stages were:

Days: 3-9: Full liquids - including strained soups, thinned yogurt etc...

Days 10-16: pureed Foods - anything that is basically blended - with no chunks/pieces. Start vitamins

I am kinda comforted that most of us are stalled. I too wonder if I am failing and I am at a much higher BMI than most of you. I was expecting the weight to fall off at this point. I am having a hard time with track soft foods I never eat all of them I am going to have to get a scale and weigh before and after. By scale, I mean a food scale so I can accurately track my consumption.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

I am 5 foot.

Pre surgery diet weight :247

Surgery day: 236

July 16 surgery:

Weight this morning 225

Not sure if this helps at all.