Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On the 10th of July I will be 1 month post op, and I feel great, I had BBQ for the first time yesterday, steak, shrimp, sausage, the cool part is I ate 2 bites of the sausage, 2 of the 3 med Shrimp, and 3 oz if the steak, and I was full!!!!!!!, this is an awesome change for me and I utilize the sleeve with what I've learned, a typical Sunday Breakfast would have been 2 eggs, 6 pieces of bacon and 8 tortillas, today it was 1 egg, half a sausage, and 1 slice of 7 grain bread, and I left 1/4 piece of the bread and 1/2 a sausage, and I always remove the plate and yell I'm done just to re-affirm it to myself, I actually find it harder with drinks, I'm craving things like Energy drinks, my coffee, and yesterday I wanted a beer so bad( I always limited myself to 1 or 2 after college), I'm still researching the alcohol thing, too many varying opinions, even a couple of theories that some wine is good for you after gastric! We will see

Hey laguerr13 my sleeve brother form another surgeon!???? lol. I am so happy to hear how awsome you've been doing I always like reading your post because you really make sence and you keep it real. Mostly cause we were renewed on the same date June 10th! I wish I could say im doing as well with my eating like you seem to be doing. My issue is that I can not tolerate meat at all and believe me I have tried very lean chicken breast, thighs, Beef in several diffrent cuts from tri tip, to T- bone and beyond. Fish ive had sword fish and salmon shrimp and crab meat and even sardines. I have never been a big meat eater to begin with but now since we have to chew our food so thouroghly I have been experiencing this weird thing where I begin to get a mental picture of the meat Im eating and I begin to breakdown it down in my head the texture,the fibereous meat,the layers of fat and the veins and blood even by the time Im done chewing my food (Im sorry TMI) in gaging and can barely swollow what Ive just chewed up! I try not to think about it,i try to distract my thought but I just get so grossed out by meats no matter how its prepared. My fear is that I will never be able to eat meats again and enjoy them. Another thing Im having issues with is im very sensative to certain scents and odors. I cant stand the smell of very strong spices or fried foods cigaretts and for a while a lot of things smelled like onions or vinager to me but no one else!! Its really kind of weird! But to end this on a possative note I have lost 33 lbs since surgery my presurgery weight was 235 and today I weigh 203 lbs I feel great and starting to look pretty good!

First let's clear things up, you have always looked great, and the other thingy is temporary, you need to look for alternatives for awhile, tuna canned chicken etc... , I've read also from some of the veteran peeps in here that vegetarian is possible but a little hard at first since your Vitamins and Proteins will have to come from tablets and powder shakes, as the weeks go by your senses will vary and change,y nose can pick up on little things I never noticed before, as do my tastebuds, I find McDonalds disgusting in taste and smell, I've also acquired new skills like grilling and my latest passion Stir Frying, I made a Stir Fry Cashew Chicken last nite and it was awesome, I love my Wok, try new things, maybe go to deli meats and cheeses for awhile, I love Pastrami now, and also eat Cashews, I heard that for some peeps they acquire a strange taste for things like Spam, and even potted meats, stay strong and hang in there, I had my moment on the 4th of July where I was strongly craving of all things a Dos XX dressed up, I wasn't even craving the meats or sausages, might also wanna try some egg drop Soup or hot and sour soup, don't give up you've come a long way, I went to my PCP last Thursday and she said I was at 322lbs, I didn't even think I would get close to 299 til December so I'm excited, I began my journey even before my fist appointment in April, I was at 388 in December, and in April at 362.2lbs so I'm -64lbs already and today I fit into a size 52 shorts that 8 waist sizes, I'm also at the gym in Beast mode and people are seeing definition, I think I'm addicted to this crap......lol see if this floats your bubble ⬇️post-254362-14364868527469_thumb.jpg

Looks yummy!

I was sleeved June 17th, so I'm at 6 weeks post op. I've "only" lost about 17 pounds since the surgery. I've been following my diet, exercising quite a bit (walk/jog/hike 1.5-3 miles 5 days per week). Im getting in liquids and my Vitamins. I'm supposed to aim for 1200 calories daily, but I'm only getting up to 500-600 on average per day. That's the only thing I could imagine factoring in to not losing as much as others seem to be.

I admit that I'm a little frustrated and wondering if anyone else is in my shoes or if any one has thoughts about this.

Thank you in advance.

I got my June 23 and have only lost 16. For 2 weeks I didn't lose anything. I weigh 196

I'm happy with the loss! I don't want to loose too fast , flabby skin!

I'm doing everything right too! Everyone is different and you have to consider your metabolism and your starting weight. I have lost a ton of inches! I was in a size 14/16 and now size 10/11

@anewbeginning15. What was your starting weight?

On average I consume anywhere between 500-800 cals/day. And I'm STUFFED!! I find that drinking a lot of Water is part of the weightloss key for me. I try to keep carbs < 40 & Protein around 60-70. I am loving my sleeve!

Drinking Water is hard for me

@anewbeginning15. What was your starting weight?

I was 269 on the day of surgery.

A couple years ago I was up to 325.

I'm doing everything right too! Everyone is different and you have to consider your metabolism and your starting weight. I have lost a ton of inches! I was in a size 14/16 and now size 10/11

Thank you! Comparison is the thief of joy, but it's hard not to.

Mp1409 size 10/11 is great!! LOSER!! "L"! CONGRATULATIONS!

I've lost 37 lbs, tight in a size 16 yet. Started at 254 DOS, June 18.

Edited by peteyrulz

I was sleeved June 12. I'm down 51 lbs. I feel absolutely amazing! I can't wait to do measurements in 2 weeks!

My pic from this afternoon. Sorry it is sideways. It won't upload upright.

post-257549-14383917217339_thumb.jpg

Drinking Water is hard for me

I also had a hard time drinking water. Now, 6 weeks in, it is getting better. Even drinking milk or Protein Shakes went down smoother than water.