Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are Fat and Hideous says Lilly Pulitzer

click here to see story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3098288/Fashion-label-Lilly-Pulitzer-slammed-customers-images-taken-inside-company-s-office-reveal-fat-shaming-cartoons-posted-walls.html

I found this article on a website and the link above has a picture of this clothing designers office with a couple of pictures showing fat woman and some comments next to the pictures..

CF8XmXnWYAAYNCU.png

its no wonder women of size dont like to shop at stores...i myself at my highest had to buy clothes online...one because i was too big to park in parking lot and walk into the store much less stand for 5 minutes.......and two it was easier to not have people looking at the fat lady

women, if you are a large person (i am now and will forever see myself as large) try NOT to let things like this get to you. WE are beautiful no matter what size we are.

i myself struggle with this every day at work..the women i work with are smaller than me, most are way younger and well, i spend time wishing i could be them..in my mind, if i was thin (or whatever my fat mind thinks) things would be perfect…world peace, i would be happy….well we know that is a load of crap dont we?

what matters is the INSIDE

the outside matters in regards to our health…it is best to not weigh a lot to be healthier yes but we should not be punished or judged for the number on the scale or the size of the tag on our britches..but i am guilty as charged with thinking the outside only matters. it is what my mom thought and said for my young life and def made me have a warped thinking process right out of the gate…

so today…..look in the mirror and go you sexy thing…no matter what the scale says or your pants or skirt size say…so the f**k what…you are SEXY and you are GORGEOUS right now..yes you are

Well said!

I was considering investing in a Lily Pulitzer dress when I get to goal. Unless the company responds to this in a positive way, I will be looking elsewhere.

Yes to what matters being about the inside, and thank god for WLS so I could excavate that person out of all of her shame and devastation, those feelings of my body betraying me, the lack of confidence, health issues, etc. Meanwhile here's a good one, I've never even heard of Lily Pulitizer. Head in sand......but not about my body anymore. That I am facing daily with gratitude, sometimes puzzlement, sometimes wishful thoughts for some things being a little different, but no longer those other dark feelings.

The sad thing is that the company's response is that the cartoons were posted by an individual and not condoned by the company. My questions are: what kind of company culture inspires that kind of "fun"; and, how miserable and unhappy the person who drew and posted the drawings must be about her own body?

I've watched enough Project Runway and read enough fashion magazines in my life to know what an unfair burden it is to ask a fashion designer to actually design for real human bodies. It must be so frustrating for them to actually have to think about and design for what a customer really needs.

When I do get into regular sized clothes, I will definitely take into account how a designer, company, or brand treats all sizes of women, as well as how responsibly they utilize vendors, manufacturers, and labor.

As we know, the fashion industry doesn't give two hoots about larger sized women...so it's not surprising that there's hatred out there. If these were pictures making fun of sexual orientation or race, this person would be fired. I'm not saying that's right or wrong...I'm just saying that it's still OK in this society to make fun of fat people.

@@gowalking , of course we understand , I mean they are NOT supposed to discriminate for whatever reason that Society thinks , but everyone does in their own way it sucks .