Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, my name is Julia. I've been on here for a little while now and have really enjoyed reading everyone's post. I am writing this from the hospital bed. I was sleeved this afternoon. So far, all is well. I went in at 1 and was in the recovery room around 3. Made it to my room around 5. I have had some pain on my right side but the nurse said that is from the hernia that was repaired while he did the sleeve. The only gas pain I had was when in the recovery, it has gone away since than. I have been getting around pretty good by myself and have even walked the halls a few time. The one thing that has just about drove me crazy is the fact that I can't have any liquids. My mouth is so dry, my throat hurts and I feel like my breath is horrible. I am so excited about this journey and would like wish everyone the best on their journey????

post-245293-14326943322127_thumb.jpg post-245293-14326943505216_thumb.jpg

All smiles before the surgery and than coming back from the recovery room

I am 5 "7"

HW 236

SW 215

I had to do a 4 week Optifast

I can't wait to update my weight in a few months ????

Congrats and good luck to you Julia...

I look forward to following your progress...

Take care...

Kinda

Good luck. The next few days will be a bit rough but not too bad. Remember to walk walk walk walk walk,that is truly the only thing that helps your bloating discomfort! Take care and follow your doctors orders, everything's going to be fine and in the few months you're going to be thrilled!

Good luck. The next few days will be a bit rough but not too bad. Remember to walk walk walk walk walk,that is truly the only thing that helps your bloating discomfort! Take care and follow your doctors orders, everything's going to be fine and in the few months you're going to be thrilled!

I am currently trying to get down an ounce of Water. Not to bad, not yet anyway. If I could get rid of the pain in my side if feel so much better. Ty so much! I am so excited to see what the future holds????

Good luck Julia!!!!!

Ty! I was discharged this afternoon and I am home in my bed. The pain in my right side is horrible, I had no clue it would hurt this bad. That is my only complaint. Can't wait to get through these first few weeks

I am one day out , looks like my surgery was less than 24 hours after yours. Monitor the pain ... Take any pain meds they gave you and walk walk walk and sip sip sip. I had a lapband removed, hernia repaired and sleeved. Walking seriously has helped. They inject a lot of air in your torso to do the surgery so walk to get rid of that. Also remember you have a major alteration to your stomach. Be careful And baby it for a few weeks. You will be so happy 2 weeks from now when you see how fast you are melting!! ????

I am one day out , looks like my surgery was less than 24 hours after yours. Monitor the pain ... Take any pain meds they gave you and walk walk walk and sip sip sip. I had a lapband removed, hernia repaired and sleeved. Walking seriously has helped. They inject a lot of air in your torso to do the surgery so walk to get rid of that. Also remember you have a major alteration to your stomach. Be careful And baby it for a few weeks. You will be so happy 2 weeks from now when you see how fast you are melting!! ????

You are absolutely right! I can't wait to see the progress in a few weeks ????

Yesterday marked 6 months to the day of my surgery. I am down a total of 68lbs post-245293-14486612527463_thumb.jpg

The picture on the left was last year. The picture on the right was taken yesterday

You look great well done!