Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

REGRFWD

Well since you already have 6, would you mind a couple more because mine are driving me nuts! :D :drool:

HA! this was harder than i thought, might break this up w/the age differences next summer. the tweens are the work right now, i LOVE the 2-7yrs olds. ready to go visit MY mom next wk and let her pamper me..:eek:

bigbaby - yes hubby was banded about an hr after i was. it has been awesome to go through the same experience together...we figured we got heavy together while married, lets get fit at the same time....No, he's never been on here, but he hears a LOT about it:tongue:

What a wonderful thread this is!! Do most of you count calories? As you can tell I am still adjusting to being a bandster. I haven't gotten it right yet but I am trying!!

Bloo--have you ever made the meatballs with ground turkey rather than beef? Did it make much of a difference?

I don't count calories, but I log what I eat everyday on the dailyplate.com.

B: 3 oz. ground beef, stirfried with: 1/4 c. chopped spinach and 1 egg

L: 1/2 small pounch of tuna, with 1 chopped green onion and 2 oz. fat free cottage cheese

D: Shrimp, stir-fried with 2 tbsp. chopped onion and 1/2 c. green Beans.

Nancy

i LOVE the 2-7yrs olds.

Thats perfect! My 2 little "Dennis The Menace's" are 3 & 5 :biggrin2:

My 5 year old starts kindergarten tomorrow ... he's all excited about it and I'm a nervous wreck :tt2:

What a wonderful thread this is!! Do most of you count calories? As you can tell I am still adjusting to being a bandster. I haven't gotten it right yet but I am trying!!

I keep track of my intake on TheDailyPlate.com ... I TRY not to go over 1200 calories a day (doesn't always work though :))

What do you mean you haven't gotten it right? Looks like you're pretty much halfway to your goal ... CONGRATS!

Bloo--have you ever made the meatballs with ground turkey rather than beef? Did it make much of a difference?

I've never tried ground turkey for anything although I've always heard it's leaner & healthier ... maybe I should give it a try :crying:

Today ~

Breakfast ~ Atkins Creamy vanilla shake

Snack ~ 1oz Jalapeno Smokehouse Almonds

lunch ~ salad (1 pkg Buddig Turkey, 1/4 C Colby Jack Shredded cheese, 1/2 Medium Tomato, 2 T Ranch Dressing)

Snack ~ 2-3 T Skippy Roasted Honey Nut Peanut Butter (I was craving :))

dinner ~ 2 Scrambled eggs w/ Light Cream cheese & Sliced Avocado

... he's all excited about it and I'm a nervous wreck :)

how adorable!, hope it all goes well!

hi ladybug - i do keep track of my calories & try to stay around 1100....but just got a fill yesterday, so i might have to work back up to that number.

yesterday ~

b- EAS carb control choc shake

l- light delight smoothie

d- 1/3c cream potato Soup

yesterday:

b: low carb slim fast with 1/2 banana & 1 teaspoon of organic Peanut Butter

l: cream of Tomato Soup (3/4 cup). it was icky:eek:

d: 4 pieces of center cut bacon (100 cal) and 1 egg

s: Atkins endulge bar.

Today:

b: low carb slim fast with 1/2 banana & 1 teaspoon of organic Peanut Butter

l: (will be) whatever the deli's Soup of the day is (as long as it doesn't have pasta/rice in it).

d: (will be) i'm making a crustless quiche/frittata that my hubby and i love with: 2 slices of bacon, whole bag of spinach with onion, in a pie plate mixed with eggs &egg sub. and sliced garden tomatoes on top and a sprinkle of crumbled goat cheese. YUM!

Sorry I've been MIA! Been really busy this past week....

I found the Parmesan Meatball recipe ~~> here

Today I am making Mexican Meatballs which I found ~~> here

Thanks Bloo! I'm on liquids for a couple of days because I got a fill yesterday. I can't wait to try the recipes though. I'll probably be dreaming about meatballs tonight because I'm craving them now, lol.

georgia girl / bloo & regular posters w/kids - WOW, i bow to you!

cause i've had my 6 nieces/nephew for a wk now and to go from cooking for 2 banded persons to 8 with tastes off the MAP!!!!!

i've seen my husband PB a bunch and just look at him, like he's crazy. i had baby back ribs in our smoker for 6hrs today and i take one bite and was met with a fast dash to the sink & i'm scheduled for a fill in the AM.

I'm with Bloo, you can borrow my 2 year old son, lol. He's a typical 2 year old boy.....into everything and never stops, except to sleep. He definitely keeps me on the go! We won't even go into how picky he is with food....he gets it from his daddy. They are both nightmares to cook for....

Had a fill yesterday so I'm on liquids for a couple of more days.

Yesterday:

Breakfast- skipped, Water later

Lunch- Tomato Soup

Dinner- Protein shake

Today:

Breakfast- skipped again, Water later

Lunch- Cream of chicken Soup

Snack- ??? don't know yet

Dinner- Protein Shake

I use to track my food on mydailyplate, but have become lax.

b-protein shake

s-5 chips

l-tuna and wasa cracker

s-90 calorie oatmeal raisin bar

d-egg salad

currently sitting here eating a choc bar with almonds!!!!

when I want to do right---evil is always present!!!

b: lc slimfast with 1/2 ban. and 1 tablespoon organic Peanut Butter

l: (will be) grilled chicken ceasar salad :biggrin: I'm going to eat a small portion, but i'm craving it:ohmy:

d: (will be) portabella parm. I grill the mushrooms and then put some skim ricotta (that's mixed with garlic paste and dry seasonings)..then some marinara and part skim mozz on top. Yum. 1 cap is more than enough.