Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

Just curious what you ate today ? Maybe those who are getting banded would also find it interesting to see examples of what we are eating to be sucessful . I will start

Banded June 5th Lost 11 Lbs

Br- Protein Shake

Lunch- Applebees Broccoli cheese Soup

Snack- Peach

Dinner-Sweet Patato , tuna from a can to get Protein

Protein shake before bed

Thanks for sharing, I think it would be fun to hear what others are having at different stages to give us ideas.

Kim:)

thanks for sharing as a not yet banded person ( we are at stage one waiting for the consult) that was very helpful I was very curious about what a typical day would be like I am very surprised at all the information on this sight thanks Lanny

This is pretty typical for me:

Breakfast: V-8 or Protein shake

Snack: granola bar

lunch: shrimp cocktail (low calorie and high protein) or Soup

Snack: fruit (lately it's been cherries since they are in season)

Dinner: chicken, rice and veggies

Other ideas for Snacks that have been great for me are the imitation crab legs (high in Protein and low calorie) it really sticks with me. I also love the sippy soup cans that Campbells has out these days. They are very satisfying and just the perfect amount.

Oh, do I *have* to, lol. Not been a perfect bandster today!

OK - I had bircher muesli for Breakfast.

Followed by a piece of toast an hour later.

Followed by (hangs head in shame) a big fat piece of lemon coconut slice and a cappucino for lunch.

Argh. Talk about carb overload. I'm going for a small fill this arvo and really have just let my hair down today, lol.

I am eating for maintenance at the moment - I'm at a normal weight but I would like to lose a tiny bit more, hence the fill.

I promise to eat some vegetables tonight!

I don't want to chew and I don't want to cook.

Breakfast: 2oz Tuna/Lemon-Pepper 45 Calories

Lunch: Protein shake 120 Calories

Dinner: Protein Shake 120 Calories

Snack: Protein shake 120 Calories

405 calories

(No, I'm not suggesting this is good, the medical term for this behavior is LAZY)

Today's meals are only 1/2 done :hungry:, but yesterday I ate:

Breakfast:

Latte shake made with 1 scoop 25g-Protein in 12oz Water (210 cal)

& General Foods International coffee powder (30 cal)

lunch:

Open-faced Turkey Melt (toasted, dipped in low-cal ranch) made with

1 slice low-carb bread topped with deli turkey & Munster (?? calories)

Snack:

1 mozzarella string cheese (80 cal)

dinner:

Alice Springs chicken Casserole - small Cereal bowl (low-carb; ?? calories)

Dessert:

1 scoop Splenda, low-fat mint-chip ice cream (110 cal)

drinks:

Water -- not nearly enough :eek:

4C Totally Light -- 16oz (like Crystal Light but with Splenda; 0 cal)

I was banded on 6/27 and am still learning so much about this topic. This website has been one of the BEST sources of information! It occurred to me while I'm in my last week of mushy foods that it would help to track my Protein intake along with checking fats, sugars, and calories. I created this template to help me on my new journey to make sure I eat the right amounts (and look back if I have trouble after a meal to see what exactly I ate that might have been the trouble) and so forth. Maybe some of you will enjoy using it also! :)

Banded 6/27/07 - VG band, Dr. Jose Erbella and Dr. Gary Bunch, Manatee Memorial Hospital, Bradenton, FL.

weight.png

Nutrition tracker.doc

Bkfst Pure Protein Bar

lunch 1/4 C tuna salad made w/light miracle whip & onions

1/2 crust of whole wheat bread 18 Soy Crisps

watermelon & cantalope

dinner...I'll probably finish off the tuna salad (1/2 C) broccoli w/ butter

have nothing else planned, that's when I get in trouble!

Daytime snack Slimfast High Protein vanilla shake

NItetime snack popcorn

Hey y'all! I just got banded on 7/12/07 and am in the pureed foods stage. i'm so excited! I just figured out that I can eat refried beans! They have fat free refried beans! YUMMY!

So today I have eaten:

Breakfast : scrambled egg

lunch: 2 spoonfuls of refried Beans with a little pepper jack cheese!

dinner: TBD

You were lucky - my surgeons had me on not only a 10 day pre-op liquid diet (that didn't include cream soups!) but a 2 week liquid post-op diet. They finally "paroled" me at a week and a half to the mushy stage, which I have a little over a 1/2 week left of that.

The thing I find most interesting is some of the foods mentioned on this site that they are eating are on my "forbidden" list from my hospita -things like popcorn, anything fibrous/stringy (asparagus, broccoli, celery, pineapple), anything doughy/sticky, and dry meats such as pork and even some beef. I WAS told :whoo: that I can have thin crust pizza down the line in moderation and for that I am truly grateful since I love the stuff!!! Giving up Pasta and rice is bad enough. Only time will tell what my body will tolerate.

Banded 6/27/07 - VG band, Dr. Jose Erbella and Dr. Gary Bunch, Manatee Memorial Hospital, Bradenton, FL

weight.png

:cat:

I had a fill yesterday. Today I had coffee w/creamer for breakfast. *cup of Soup at Pepper's restaurant, Cappuccino with sweet n low at movies,

*Tuscan chicken at cafe. *All were mashed and chewed, chewed, chewed. I lost 2 lbs. this past month. I need to exercise but cannot get motivated. plus it is so danged hot outside. I have been painting inside and feel sore from that.

I stopped visiting the forum because I've failed to exercise like the rest of you and started eating what I wanted.

Ddee

I stopped visiting the forum because I've failed to exercise like the rest of you and started eating what I wanted.

Ddee

I can relate to that, I think we all can. This is all the more reason to hang out here. If it helps keep the motivation up, stick around! :lol:

<p>I m 16 mo. out. One of the most helpful things for me has been</p> <p> </p> <p>FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal</p> <p> </p> <p>I used it to track all my food intake and to make charts of my weight loss. It has helped me stay on track and to learn my food values. And the graphs of weight loss are pretty motivating to look at. </p> <p> </p> <p>Breakfast....RTD Worldwide Protein (35 gr)</p> <p> </p> <p>1 egg/1 sausage patty (10 grams)</p> <p> </p> <p>cheese broccoli soup</p> <p>Soy chips (7 grams)</p> <p> </p> <p>Orange Cream Matrix shake (23 grams)</p> <p> </p> <p>Tomatoes/cucumber/raw squash plate w/salad dressing</p>