Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

I can't believe what everyone can eat. I have not been able to keep any thing down. I was banded in Jan of 07. For 7 months it was as if I had no band. I could eat anything and actually gained weight. Then suddenly in Aug of 07 I started to feel full. By Dec. I was unable to keep any food down. I have lost 90 pounds since Dec and mostly throw up everything I eat. I am basically restricted to Protein Drinks and nuts. Nuts seem to stay down. Anything else I eat or drink just comes right back up. I even throw up my Protein drinks sometimes. It takes me over an hour to get one drink down. Needless to say I seldom eat out.

Have you spoke to your doctor or someone at a fill clinic...don't know which you use. I was told that if you can't do liquids you are to tight and need a small unfill. If your tight and can drink liquids but can't really eat (real food) my doctor really doesn't say much unless it bothers me. I ususally just try to eat real food in the evening because I feel loose in the evening times.

3 more weeks of NO exercise...stress fracture and stuck in a walking boot. I hate not exercising, I want to run!!!:(

I can't believe what everyone can eat. I have not been able to keep any thing down. I was banded in Jan of 07. For 7 months it was as if I had no band. I could eat anything and actually gained weight. Then suddenly in Aug of 07 I started to feel full. By Dec. I was unable to keep any food down. I have lost 90 pounds since Dec and mostly throw up everything I eat. I am basically restricted to Protein drinks and nuts. Nuts seem to stay down. Anything else I eat or drink just comes right back up. I even throw up my protein drinks sometimes. It takes me over an hour to get one drink down. Needless to say I seldom eat out.

I agree with confused, not being able to keep liquids down is not good. You run the risk of being dehydrated. I can do liquids and really soft food like tuna or crab salad, other things usually come right back up. I had a slight un-fill a few weeks ago because it hurt to drink and no food, absolutely none would stay down. I want to lose the weight, but not at any cost

I dont seem to feel any restriction. Im at 5cc. They took the fill out of my daughters a couple weeks ago. She couldnt keep any thing down and was starting to throw up blood. They put her on Protein Shakes only without the fill. Funny, she was scared but it really did heal her and she goes in next week to refill. She said what was really strange was when they took it out she felt more restriction then she had in a long time. Do check with your Doc.

Breakfast- Vannila Peanut Butter Protein Shake

Lunch- roasted chicken

snack- rocky road Protein Bar

Dinner-scrambled eggs and ham

snack-chocolate Protein Drink

Edited by margie2u

yesterday:

L: Mocha latte muscle milk & 2oz Turkey meatloaf (leftover)

S: 1/2 cup "SF" banana pudding mixed with unflavored Protein and then froze it--frozen pudding

was told to up the protein to help heal the stress fracture

S: 1 piece of a homemade Peanut Butter brownie---I know I'm bad---can't wait till the kids eat them up, the devil needs to leave the house.

:cool:This is great! I am going to the surgeon on Monday to start this whole process because I am still on the fence about having the band done ( leaning towards yes). It is very interesting to see what everyone can and cant eat. sorry it this is dorky, this is my first post.:blushing:

:cool:This is great! I am going to the surgeon on Monday to start this whole process because I am still on the fence about having the band done ( leaning towards yes). It is very interesting to see what everyone can and cant eat. sorry it this is dorky, this is my first post.:blushing:

Not dorky at all. Welcome!

Today-

B-coffee w/torani Syrup, bacon (several pieces)

L-chips and dip (was upset and let that rule my choice)

D-chicken fries, few onion rings

Everyone is able to eat something different then someone else, what works for me doesn't always work for someone else. Glad to have you here though, and hope to see you around.

Yesterday: (big exercise day)

B: muscle milk lite chocolate shake

S: balance bar

L: chili w/ cheddar

S: too many barbecue chips

D: 2.5 oz grilled salmon, 2 roasted mushrooms, garlic & fontina raviol, w/ roasted garlic cream sauce - Yummy!

S: too much ben & jerry's (my special treat)

Today:

B: muscle milk lite chocolate shake

L: 2 oz smoked chicken thigh, couple bites baked Beans, chips

S: too much trail mix

D: 2.5 oz grilled sea bass, couple zucchini fries, some raw purple and orange bell pepper and couple bites roasted sweet potato.

oh yeah - and large pineapple mojito!

Edited by kcmagu
forgot I changed the side dish from planned dinner

yesterday:

B: Mocha latte flavored muscle milk

S: 1 container blueberry greek yogurt w/sliced almonds mixed in

L: 2oz leftover turkey meatloaf

D: 1 small slice of buffalo chicken pizza w/ranch dressing

This is a great idea. I just found it. Do you mind if I join?

Breakfast -chocolate Protein Shake

Lunch- hamburger vegetable Soup

Snack- Protein bar- Peanut Butter

Dinner- roasted chicken, broccoli, potatoes I found the best store in Springfield Missouri. Its called "Healthy Weight Supermarket". They also ship orders. Their site is Healthy Weight Supermarket & Energy Spa They have great Protein Bars. I got the Peanut Butter Reeses PB Cup clone and the Rocky Road. I also got their whey protein drink mix. I got the Dutch chocolate and the vanilla.Its only 85 cal and you mix it with skim milk. It doesn't get gritty its really smooth.

Very interesting site... everyone please read the sections on metabolism.... I am very busy but they have some very intesting articles

I’ve been lazy about posting my meals. I eat better when I log everything here. I haven’t been eating very healthy foods. I’m still losing weight but I know I need to do better to get the right nutrition. As we all know, when you can only eat a tiny amount of food the food the nutritional value of that food really counts. I’m not sure what has gotten into me because I usually prefer healthier foods. Today is another day.

Yesterday….

B – Protein smoothie

L – 1 Krystal Chick (tossed the bread and ate the little chicken patty), 5 french fries

S – Small dark chocolate bar

D – 2oz hamburger patty w/ cheese and catsup. ½ C. sliced Tomato with a dab of light mayo.< /span>

Yesterday:

B- Water

L- went to a lunch buffet: small piece of cubed steak w/ gravy, green Beans, okra, apple salad

D- church social: 2 sausage balls, 2 cheese straws, 1/2 pineapple sandwich, few corn chips w/ chili cheese dip

I was watching Rachael Ray the other day and she gave a great tip for healthy banana "ice cream". She sliced a banana and froze it. Put the frozen banana slices in a food processor (I used my magic bullet) and add just a little bit of milk (I used 1%) and blend until smooth. Add more milk as needed.

I tried it for breakfast this morning and it was good! It had the consistency of homemade ice cream. I used a splash of 1% milk and a little Toasted Marshmallow DiVinci SF Syrup. Next time, I think I am going make banana chocolate "ice cream" with the Hood brand chocolate milk. I would think most fruit would work as well. Peaches and strawberries would probably be really good. I think I'm going to start having this for a night snack, since I tend to crave more at night. Just thought I would share this tip with ya'll...

Edited by georgia girl