Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not planning any food funerals. I've personally had enough over the years. I can completely understand the desire to have one.

@@lauren8486

On my most successful diets, I would begin to crave healthy stuff, like carrots, mmm mmm doesn't a carrot sound good. And it really did sound good!

I've worked so hard to get my processed food, refined carb addiction under control, I don't want to "re-awaken the beast." So no food funerals. Plus I want my surgery admission weight to be in 290s so even though I have no more official insurance required weigh-ins, I want to have some more weight loss. Trying to keep my head in a good place as I'm starting on my post-op WLS journey. I saw a big old fresh fluffy croissant but my goals are bigger than a croissant that won't give me any long-term pleasure but more pounds gone will.

Surgery in 4 days and I can't wait. I'm on my pre-op diet which is 2 or 3 Protein shakes and a 300 calorie meal for dinner. I'm really thinking of having a Cheeseburger tomorrow night which will exceed my 300 calories, but I've already lost 13 lbs and just want one last one.

4 days for me too!! I'm down 12 lbs. But the Dr told me if I didn't lose between 10-15 lbs on the day of surgery, he'd know I cheated and he wouldn't operate. So I am being super super careful. I'd do anything for some pizza tho!!

My pre-op diet starts tomorrow so all foods have been successfully mourned! ????. I am soooo ready to do this. My husband and I just finished shopping to get all of the good things for me to eat.

I was doing a lot of "food funerals" between being cleared by the NUT and getting my lab work done... but I realized I was just making it harder on myself and got back on track.

Today is my last day of "real" food before I start the pre-op liquid diet, so the past week I have worked some of my favorite meals into my eating plan, but still tracked them on My Fitness Pal. And I've found that some things--when I'm really paying attention while I'm eating them--aren't as good as I think they are. It's more the anticipation, maybe? Except nachos. Nachos are almost always amazing. :(

I planned my "last meal" very carefully. It was my favorite Sunday morning meal that my wife would make for me. Fresh baked biscuits topped with a sunny side up egg and covered with hot sausage gravy. Good lord that is a delicious breakfast! I loved this meal so much, my wife would make it for my birthday and put a candle in it, lol.

That being said, I bet I would puke if I had a bite of that today. Just way too much fat and grease. But I have years of memories that I can still savor!

No major pre-op diet for me. Just liquids the day before. I quit smoking two weeks ago. I was going to schedule the surgery for August 4th and give myself time to get past the cigarette cravings and enjoy my vacation but surprisingly ended up scheduling for June 30th. So I go to pre-op on the 23rd, NYC on vacation from the 25th-29th then surgery on the 30th.

I've had a few "food funerals". A close friend who had the surgery recommended I don't skip it. She said it was part of the process she didn't regret. She doesn't miss any of it now but enjoyed those last buffet meals and carb indulgences.

Kind of weird to treat myself to foods I've avoided for a long time even tho it's not like I was losing any weight while avoiding them.

Part of me feels really guilty indulging when my goal is to give them up for good and lose weight.

I am determined to enjoy every one of my Favorite Cajun comfort foods including gumbo and shrimp stew next week and of course my final crawfish boil today where I am determined to eat until I can't eat anymore. Lmao. (I know that sounds awful but this is why I'm fat and part of this food funeral is also helping me to say goodbye to my "glutton, binge-eating, food-comforted" personality too.)

This process has helped me to learn just how disgusted I am with this side of me. And just how eager I am to change and become a better, healthier person.

I love food...but I love my daughter and my husband even more.

So I'm mourning the loss of who I've been with these little food funerals and on June 29th as I begin my liquid diet- I will Celebrate by raising my first glass to toast who I will become and the years I will have with them that weren't possible before.