Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Labs and x-ray today, nutritionist on Monday, ekg & doc appt on Tuesday. I'm so ready to get to the next step of this journey.

July 9th here!!

Good luck today!

2 weeks to go and I'm an indecisive wreck. I change my mind 3 times a day! It started when I noticed all the low blood sugar posts. I already have low blood sugar! So I'm like the perfect candidate to have more episodes. I've started a topic that no one has responded to (it's here...maybe I should move it). My group of girlfriends had a get together this week, wine & drinks being the norm...will I ever be able to imbibe again (no flaming...I get it that I'm changing my lifestyle, but NO drinks EVER again??). My surgery is in Dallas because Waco has NO bariatric surgeons. What if something goes wrong? Do I drive to Dallas or go to the ER here and hope for the best?

OH..and my surgeon had her baby a month early so now I have a different surgeon I've never met!

Then I look in the mirror.

And think about my blood sugar numbers that are creeping up to the diabetic range.

And my high cholesterol

And how I want to be healthier.

And how I was successful with the Band for 5 years and lost weight and felt great.

I have my pre-op appointment with the nutritionist today and will be grilling her on the hypoglycemia. Maybe I can put my mind at ease.

Any encouragement would be welcome

Well, I go Monday, but now I won't know until my surgery is over whether I am having the sleeve or the bypass. Due to possible complications from my last surgery last year when my bowels ruptured and they had to remove my appendix. Take out a small portion of my colon and put a colostomy in. So all of that took place in the area of where my bypass would be.

I have a lot of health issues, hence the reason and decision to have this surgery. I prayed and ask God to heal my body. I asked God if this surgery was not for me, to shut every door tight.

If I had done this surgery anytime before my 65 th birthday, it would have costed me @ least 20% of the total cost.

My first choice is the bypass due to my desire to get rid of the diabetes, which I have been told that the bypass offers greater results for that. But if there is a lot of adhesions and scar tissue it could cause a great degree of complication for me and greatly increase my risk factors. I have put all my faith in God. I prayed about this surgery before my final decision to have it. God has opened every door: I mailed my application to begin this process on a Saturday afternoon. The hospital called me on the following Tuesday (3 days), they had already approved me for the surgery. I just turned 65 in April, signed up for Medicare, chose Colonial Pen G plan as my secondary coverage. When the hospital called that Tuesday, she said, "you have already been approved and guess what? You don't have to pay one dime. You are covered 100% through your two insurances". 2 weeks later, I received my pre op education date and my surgery date. I only need to loose 8 lbs, no medical pre-requirements, no liquid diets and surgery on Monday. I told my doctor, I trust God and I trust him, so let's do this, he said, " I am so glad because I am a Lutheran and it don't get no better than that." So, God has opened every door for me. On Monday morning, I am going into that surgical suite with all power and all faith, knowing that His Word says: all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord , and who are called according to His purpose. And, anything you ask in my name, I will do. I will keep you all posted.

All those doors being opened simultaneously means a lot. This is your destiny, and you are well on your way to a life free from all or most of your pain and suffering.

You have heart and faith and a positive outlook and that will ensure that things will go your way, I truly believe that.

Whether you end up with a bypass or sleeve, it was meant to be. I will keep you in my thoughts!

Thank you so much. I receive the prayers. I wish you continued success in your journey and I look forward to following you and supporting you on your journey. Post some pictures.

Well tomorrow is the big day, I'm actually at peace about it. I seem to be more focus on the fact that my current life style is over and tomorrow brings new beginnings. I know it can be nerve racking but we have to let go of the past and Celebrate this awesome opportunity that has been afforded to us and give ourselves 100% no matter how hard it may be. We can't let ourselves down. See you all on the other side. I wish everyone God speed.

@@Kelcybo I'm having mine on July 13th too, also excited and nervous!

Be blessed Changingme, congratulations and stay in touch

My RNY is July 20th! So nervous and excite!

Luvnme4eva,

• IT is great to have a surgery twin! I started the liquid diet today. :)