Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uncertain futures

@@CanyonBaby xoxoxox prayers and good intentions. You and Dave stay strong and keep that positive attitude and you will kick this thing into remission!!

@@CanyonBaby

I just saw your thread today. My heart is heavy with the news about Dave's diagnosis. I will be praying for you both and for his medical team. Like you, I do not believe in coincidences. You are where you are for a reason as is the surgeon. It sounds like a very aggressive treatment plan with hope for a future mixed in. Our Great Physician knows His plan for your and Dave. Rest in Him and let Him carry you through this.

Prayers & Blessings!!

Sending hugs and prayers your way.

@@CanyonBaby

Sending love, hugs, prayers and blessings to you and Dave. Know that your bariatric family is endlessly praying for your family. May you find strength in this difficult time.

Kristy

Sending prayers your way. It makes me sad that it sometimes takes reading posts like yours to remind us that what we complain about on a daily basis really doesn't matter. Please take care of yourself and your family. ❤❤❤❤

So sorry to hear about this news my prayers are with u and your husband!!

So the battle with insurance begins. Like it's not enough we must emotionally and physically deal with all of this.

I have to share this one with you: Immediately following Dave's first colonoscopy, where the Dr. could not complete it due to a blockage caused by the tumor, Dave was (while still under anesthesia) sent in for a CT scan. An emergency deemed by the Dr. So of course there was no time for a pre-certification of the test. Besides, it was after hours for the insurance company.

The insurance company sent us a letter telling of a $100 penalty for lack of pre-certifying that test. We have sent an appeal for that issue. Since then we have set up a PET scan, necessary to determine Dave's chemo plan. The Dr.'s office sent in all the appropriate information to pre-certify for the PET scan. So the insurance company DENIES the PET scan due to the fact they say we need a CT scan FIRST. HE HAD THE CT SCAN, THE ONE THEY PENALIZED US FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, the same company. We re-submitted all the information, INCLUDING the scan results AND their OWN letter regarding the penalty!! In the meantime, Dave has been put off the schedule for his scan. Who knows how long he will need to wait to get it done. STAGE 4, PEOPLE! How urgent is urgent?

SORRY. To rant is good, methinks. Need to vent. I hope they get their act together, soon. The chemo hasn't even started yet. And those treatments are anywhere from $8000 to $15000...EACH. And he needs at least 12. It's not like cancer is a new disease, or the treatment for it. Why don't they have this all figured out? We have been using this insurance company for over 25 years. Maybe time for a change.....

Your heartfelt prayers and thoughts are so much appreciated. I feel their power lifting me up, for I surely am not doing it by myself! In spite of acquiring c. diff., Dave is back at work, feeling "100 percent", and is healing nicely after the port was put in on Wednesday.

One thing learned, that will help ALL who heed: Take each day by itself. Don't bring on tomorrow's problems onto today's shoulders. Today is only equipped to handle TODAY. Don't worry about tomorrow, it will take care of itself. It tells us this in the Bible, and it is TRUE. Yes, I can worry about how long Dave will live, how much suffering we will ALL encounter, the worries of all that is to come....but it doesn't help. I have found that if, indeed, all I focus on is what is for THIS day, I CAN deal with THIS day. So I try not to think too much on the tomorrows. I still plan for the appointments....but I don't FOCUS on them.

Staying with this plan of day-to-day living helps me deal with the sadness and other emotions of cancer. I don't HAVE to be sad today, I'll save that for when the day IS sad. I don't NEED to be ANGRY today, it is a beautiful, fresh day with no bad things presenting themselves to me at the moment. Dave is happily patrolling with his boss, I am going into the garden to plant, laundry will be hanging on the line, chicken will be roasting in the oven.

One moment, one day at a time. Enjoy it with me.....

CanyonBaby:

One thing learned, that will help ALL who heed: Take each day by itself. Don't bring on tomorrow's problems onto today's shoulders. Today is only equipped to handle TODAY. Don't worry about tomorrow, it will take care of itself. It tells us this in the Bible, and it is TRUE. Yes, I can worry about how long Dave will live, how much suffering we will ALL encounter, the worries of all that is to come....but it doesn't help. I have found that if, indeed, all I focus on is what is for THIS day, I CAN deal with THIS day. So I try not to think too much on the tomorrows. I still plan for the appointments....but I don't FOCUS on them.

Staying with this plan of day-to-day living helps me deal with the sadness and other emotions of cancer. I don't HAVE to be sad today, I'll save that for when the day IS sad. I don't NEED to be ANGRY today, it is a beautiful, fresh day with no bad things presenting themselves to me at the moment. Dave is happily patrolling with his boss, I am going into the garden to plant, laundry will be hanging on the line, chicken will be roasting in the oven.

Thanks for that wonderful insightful post. Praying for you and hubby.

Edited by samuelsmom

@@CanyonBaby

Such wisdom! Thanks for the reminder not to borrow tomorrow's troubles/ worries. Still praying here.

You are an incredibly strong and wise woman. I will take your advice.

Jenifer,

I am so sorry to hear this. I will be thinking about you and your husband. You are such an asset to this site. We will miss you, but I know you are going to be there 100% for your husband. Best of luck to you both.

My mom had pancreatic cancer. She passed away 2 and 1/2 years ago, 14 months after she was diagnosed. It was the hardest thing my family has ever faced, but I learned to take things one day at a time. Sometimes one moment at a time. I learned not to worry because it steals the joy of now. I learned to truly put my faith in God.

You have a great attitude, and I know that your husband will draw strength from you. I pray that you find joyful moments frequently in this journey.

CanyonBaby,

I'm only new to this site but in the short time I've been here, I've noticed how helpful and supportive you've been to all who have needed it.

I hope that God/The Universe/whoever returns it to you in whatever measures you require it.

Thoughts and love are coming at you from here in Australia.

Take care.

Kinda...

I just seen this post..I am soo sorry your family is dealing with this. KNow you will be in thoughts and prayers in this community. It's an ugly thing to have to go through but It sounds like the medical experts are at your service. I hope you get the ins straightened up. it's usually at this stressful times that this is where it gets complicated. I have received a few letters lately about some changes to some scripts and they have the power to do so sad to say but I also have the power to appeal and get dr's involved. I am sure you guys are on top of it! hang in there...we may not be close to be physical support but we are here to support. rant rave whatever ya need! keep us dated when possible. and remember..I read you are a women of faith good for you! Matthew 6:34 "so never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have it's own anxieties. Each day has enough of it's own troubles". SOO TRUE! wise words from our creator. He knows how and what we need.Hang in there take 1 day at a time. take care of yourself and the hubs. hugs...:)