Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uncertain futures

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband and want you to know that you have warm thoughts and prayers coming to you from N. Carolina.

Try to take care of yourself as best you can so you can be the rock your husband will need through all of this. We'll all be here for you as time goes on. Keep us posted.

Hugs,

my hopes, hugs, and prayers are with you too

My heart aches for you and your family. My prayers go out for you

To all....THANK YOU, it is so endearing to read your words, I just cannot express it enough...

Dave went back to work today, wants to try some sense of "normality", if there is such a word. As you know, he is a law enforcement officer, and even though he will be primarily doing desk work (ever hear of paperwork?!), and the occasional patrol, it gives him something else to focus on. He is not one to sit and stare at the four-walls. It is hard with him being away, even though he has cut down his hours to 8 a day.

The scenario: if he does nothing to treat his, he has 6-8 months. Best case is a cure with the chemo/surgery. That is almost impossible, but it is what we are going for. He has a 5 percent chance, with all above treatments, of living 5 years. I don't know about you, but I'm for the cure!

Right now I'm in the "I can't stop crying" phase. What a way to lose weight...lost almost 5 in 2 days! I'd rather be fat.

He will get a port put in hopefully by the end of this coming week, with chemo to soon follow. 4 treatments in the next 8 weeks, is the plan. As the tumor is shrunk down, hopefully they will remove it, then more chemo. A terrible trip for anyone, but it's all we have.

Thanks for being there, folks, it means the world to me. If it is true that God counts tears, I am right up there near the top, I'm sure.

Have a Blessed Memorial Day.

Newest update: Dave had his chemo port put in today, with no issues. He begins chemo on Tuesday. It will be 3 treatments for 3 days, then 11 days off for recovery, for a total of 6 sets. Sometime during that time-frame, he will be carrying treatments with him, constantly being infused. Then, if it does what it is supposed to do, he will undergo yet another attempt at surgery, to remove the tumor on the colon, plus any cancerous areas within the abdominal cavity.....

He will have a PET scan this coming week to try and determine where the other cancers are located, then they can "aim" the chemo treatments and radiation at those. While he undergoes the surgery, they will use radiation while he is opened, to "kill" the cancer that is unseen by the human eye. I am learning SOOOO much about this! This type of surgery is done by ONLY ONE surgeon in the U.S., and ONLY BY THE GRACE OF GOD HIMSELF, this man is located in our area of Spokane, WA!!!!!!!! Coincidence? I just DON'T think so!

Then he will undergo 3 more months of chemo, to kill what may be left of the cancer. So a VERY long road, a VERY trying time to come. I'm in it for the long haul, because this is very promising. And I KINDA like my guy!!!!! We have hope, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Because of Dave's health (great-other than cancer!!!) and physical fitness (great) and age (a YOUNG 53!!!!), he has a lot going for him with this plan.

Today we started the fight. And with the POWER, GRACE, and LOVE of our MIGHTY Lord Jesus, we will fight the good fight! With all of you prayers, we are stronger than ever. Did you know we have folks from ALL over the country weighing in on this fight?!!!!!! I cannot. CANNOT thank you all enough for what you are doing, I am sincerely HUMBLED. I am sincerely GRATEFUL. AND. I love you all! Bless you, people!

I've only just seen this thread. My heartfelt best wishes to you and all your family.

@@CanyonBaby you both will be in my thoughts and prayers - keep us posted.

@@CanyonBaby

Thanks for the update. I remember you and your husband Dave in my prayers everyday, so yes, there are prayers going for you both from all over the country and perhaps even other countries as well. Lots of love coming your way! God bless you.

@@CanyonBaby,

Thanks so much for the update. Just know that we are all thinking about you and Dave and praying that this treatment provides the cure.

God bless you both and your families!

I am sorry Dave's course of treatment is so arduous but I'm so glad that you have found a great medical team that is fighting for him as hard as they can. Stay hopeful and prayerful. We're all pulling for you both.

@@CanyonBaby I've been off the boards for the past week and just saw this. You and your husband are in my prayers.

Sending hugs to you both.

Praying for you both!

Somehow I missed this thread. Jenifer, I'm so sorry about this. You know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish I had some great words of wisdom, or magic, but all I've got is that I'm sending my best energy your way and have crossed everything that will cross for luck.