Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am new to site but wanted to get a buddy. I had my surgery on May 20th and I am in a lot of pain (had to get hernia repair as well). There is just one spot that's giving me the blues. I have this gas in my shoulders that is slowly going away then coming back. I am able to get down Popsicles, Water, ice chips, small amount of Protein Shakes and chicken broth. But between yesterday I feel full. I have walked to try to help and it does but still have the full filing. Anyone got suggestions? Thanks!!!

Welcome and congrats. I was banded on May 12th and also had the hernia repair. I felt like I was in a lot of pain too! I would say on day 5 it got a little better. The first three days I could barely think about food or getting my Protein down because of the pain and gas also. I used gas x strips that dissolves on your tongue. I just sipped the shakes as long as it took and by day 7 I finally felt that empty hungry feeling again. I just had my 2 week post op appointment and they have moved me up to mushy/puréed food. Keep in touch and hang in there and walking or someone karate chopping your back can help break up the gas pain. Hope this helps.

Thanks SweetTeach. After I posted last night I continued to walk a little more and things got better. I am taking the GasX strips as well. I will continue to walk and get someone to massage my shoulders. I am sure each day will get better. For some reason am unable to sleep past 6am so now I am up and will get my walk started. I will keep u posted

Congratulations and welcome to your new life! Stay connected here. Walk a lot. Karate chops on the neck and shoulder helped me. Every day you should feel a little better, not worse. Stay off the scale. It will drop but then you will gain a bit after a couple of weeks. Don't let that discourage you. Stay on plan and you will start to lose consistently. One year from now you will be amazed at your new self. This will also be a glorious summer for you. How exciting!

Hi there and welcome -- hope you're feeling better today. The walking really helped me, a little further each time -- and windmill arms. Anything to get the gas from surgery dislodged. Good luck with all; you are on your way!

@Bandista...I am feeling better today. I am being walking more and timing myself. I too have been doing like jump jacks arms and windmill while walking sitting straight up in a chair. I have noticed that the pain is not as bad and I am trying to ween myself off these narcs. Thanks for checking on me & I really appreciate any & all support. Hope all is well with you.

Hi Harriet , I had my surgery on the 18th. I'm doing much better than the first two days. I hope you are also. I get a hungry feeling but it doesn't take much to feel me up.

I was also on May 20th...today is day 6...I had the shoulder pain as well...none today though !

Glad everyone is feeling better for the most part! I have minimal pain from the port still but I can function at work and I'm a pre-k teacher. I'm loving being able to eat some soft foods. Between my pre-op diet and being banded on May 12th, I am down 17 lbs. today. I can't help but weigh myself once in awhile. I am excited for this next phase in my life.