Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the first food you cheated with after Gastric Sleeve Surgery?

i had a handful of doritos at a superbowl party. while i didnt have any ill effects from them, but, i put myself into a 5 day stall. not very smart on my part.

Speaking of learning lesson...I was lactose free gal before surgery but I cannot do my shakes without hanging in the bathroom now. I need the nutrition from the shakes. Any ideas?

there are many vegan Protein shakes that use wither hemp Protein or ben protein etc. these are lactose free and a godsend to people who have lactose issues. You can find many of them online or your local Vitamin shoope or Vitamin Shoppe online.

Good luck!

Call it a choice or cheating but I had 3 small bite of strawberry Shortcake with whipped cream 4 weeks out. Oh my it was heavenly. No regrets either. I will be doing that again soon. :)

I actually had 10 starbursts candies 5 days post op as I was traveling back home after the surgery, a 30 hour travel with layovers through flight and had zero options. Packed bullion cubes from the 7-11 in my carry on before leaving and the darn things must have fallen out as they were no where to be found. Nauseam was out of control and needed something. Don't regret it one bit as it was a life saver. Felt fine. :)

I absolutely LOVE Starbursts. Especially the pack of reds. It was one of my food funeral choices. I huffed a whole pack a day before starting my pre-op diet.

Edited by NoBsVs

Speaking of learning lesson...I was lactose free gal before surgery but I cannot do my shakes without hanging in the bathroom now. I need the nutrition from the shakes. Any ideas?

there are many vegan Protein shakes that use wither hemp Protein or ben protein etc. these are lactose free and a godsend to people who have lactose issues. You can find many of them online or your local Vitamin shoope or Vitamin Shoppe online.

Good luck!

I have picked up soy milk and I will definitely be changing my shake. Thank you. I didn't realize the powder could trigger it as well

I actually had 10 starbursts candies 5 days post op as I was traveling back home after the surgery, a 30 hour travel with layovers through flight and had zero options. Packed bullion cubes from the 7-11 in my carry on before leaving and the darn things must have fallen out as they were no where to be found. Nauseam was out of control and needed something. Don't regret it one bit as it was a life saver. Felt fine. :)

I absolutely LOVE Starbursts. Especially the pack of reds. It was one of my food funeral choices. I huffed a whole pack a day before starting my pre-op diet.
I melt them at campfires like marshmallows. ..um yeah it's good

Good luck!

Try Sprouts. They carry many vegan and vegetarian Protein Shakes.

I had a tiny slice of macadamia nut cream pie and a few mouthfuls of homeade ice cream at the Memorial Day cookout. I ate a small amount of Protein and little else & felt guilty. Back on track today and feel better about myself. I looked so good in my Bermuda shorts yesterday and DO NOT plan on ruining my progress. food addiction is a baffling and powerful disease. I now have to get the sugar out of my system. SOOOOO not worth it. I am back on program. Good luck to you on this journey as well.

5 days post op. I had a few slivers of freshly shaved parmesan cheese. Chewed it as much as I could. It was delish :) and didn't cause me any issues.

I am so tired of the Protein shakes and flavored Water :(

@@lexiemustang I don't think parm is bad for you. If I remember correctly, it's one of the allowable cheeses when you get on solids, so you didn't do too badly.

Two weeks post op i had a piece of country fried deer steak.. i felt awful.for a good 45 mins. Lesson learned

Haven't read everyone's replies, but happened upon LipstickLady's and Kindle's--my WLS lifestyle and thought process seems much like theirs. The word(s) "cheat" or "cheat day" are no longer in my vocabulary. Neither is the word "diet." I will never have to be on a diet ever again. Nor is the bathroom scale the dictator of what kind of day/week/month I will have; I visit it just once a week to remind myself of my accountability.

WLS is SO MUCH about the choice being in our hands, when that piece of food goes from hand to mouth! I CHOOSE to regularly eat whole, unprocessed foods that nourish my body and keep it healthy. If/when I occasionally (once a week or less) choose a pre-planned unhealthy processed refined carb-type "food," it is merely not the wisest choice, it is not cheating because there is no reason to be guilty. And, I'm really picky now what kind of junk food those once-a-week indulgences will be.

Being free for the rest of my life from that guilt relationship with food feels so wonderful! It took me about 18 months to be totally confident in my new eating habits and really BELIEVE that I did not NEED to eat the processed fake food in carboard boxes that the food industry has so convinced all of us that we cannot live without. It certainly was not easy, by any stretch, to get my head there, but I am SO glad I have!

One month post-op I went out with friends and ordered buffalo wings. I only ate two of them and stopped. They didn't sit well and had several "close encounters". Needless to say I've been back on the wagon and am sticking with my meal plan.

Edited by BigJnav3

Confession is good for the soul. Or so they say. ;)

But there's also a whiff around threads like this of "I'll tell you what I did bad, if you tell me what you did bad, so we can give each other permission to keep being bad."

At best, that's juvenile. At worst, it redefines (not in a good way) the boundaries of what's appropriate behavior for WLS success.

My two cents' worth.

It's been over 12 months since & im at goal actually trying to maintain or keep from losing anymore. I eat what I want in super moderation & my "cheat thing" is frozen coke. So yummy & zero carbonation only frozen coke satisfaction.

Try Isopure, they sell it at GNC. I'm not a huge shake fan but they are a clear liquid drink. It's a huge bottle and has about 40g of Protein.