Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your rants about the fashion industry!

Did anyone have a large bust before surgery and have them get smaller. I have a large bust and am worried about buying bras after surgery. My bras are 50+ bucks each...i cant imagine buying a new size every couple of weeks.

I'm just forcing myself to wear my bras.. They are getting too loose right now.. but they'll have to make due.

Did anyone have a large bust before surgery and have them get smaller. I have a large bust and am worried about buying bras after surgery. My bras are 50+ bucks each...i cant imagine buying a new size every couple of weeks.

Mine are going down but not that fast - I've bought a couple of bras twice, and been sticking with the comparatively cheap Just My Size or Playtex for now. I've also been buying a touch small so they feel snug on the most loose setting to make them last longer. I treat those babies like gold, lol. Bras that are too big let Thelma and Louise droop, which is pretty much a guaranteed Migraine.< /p>

Mine are going down but not that fast - I've bought a couple of bras twice, and been sticking with the comparatively cheap Just My Size or Playtex for now. I've also been buying a touch small so they feel snug on the most loose setting to make them last longer. I treat those babies like gold, lol. Bras that are too big let Thelma and Louise droop, which is pretty much a guaranteed Migraine.< /p>

Thank you for the tip. Im gonna try that.

I hated the short/cap sleeves on t-shirts. Ugh.

I hated short shorts.

The bust on most shirts was too big.

Always had to buy bigger to get things to fit arms.

Always had to buy bigger to fit thighs.

The one pair of jeans that fit well wore out quickly due to the chub rub.

So glad those days are behind me. When I read all of these things it reminds me how glad I am to be in a size 8/10 from a 24W. Now my worst problem is fitting my new boobs into my size medium shirt ;)

Trust me, it gets better.

It's drives me crazy that I cannot find nice cotton shirts that are not see-through! Every shirt is so thin. It's so incredibly irritating!

Yeah! Who wants their headlights showing!

Learning to sew would change things so you aren't limited to what you can find. You'd have a lot more choices of colors, patterns and styles and be able to adjust the pattern to fit your body.

Learning to sew would change things so you aren't limited to what you can find. You'd have a lot more choices of colors, patterns and styles and be able to adjust the pattern to fit your body.

Or better yet, find someone who can sew for you.

The frumpiness factor of most plus size clothes irritated me ( excluding high end items I could not afford) The standard uniform seems to be boxy wide-legged capris that flatter no one. Top this off with an equally boxy t-shirt wth cap sleeves. By wearing this outfit you instantly add 15 more pounds. I am grateful every day that my options in clothing have expanded.

I think my biggest gripe is that I'm not a true plus size woman. I don't have large boobs so dresses and shirts are baggy in the top. I had to have them altered to fit. Also why in the world do I want glitter, beads, rhinestones or silver studs on every shirt? I'm not a show girl and I certainly don't want to call attention to the fact that I don't have big voluptuous boobs.

I don't have big legs, or a butt to fill out a size 24 pant. So I look ridiculous because my pants are waving in the wind.

Lastly, the pricing. I love that a shirt in the regular section is $20, but in the plus size section it's $29. Ummmmmm...I get you have to use more thread and mayerial, but $9 worth? Really?

The fashion industry is so out of tune with plus size fashion, it's ridiculous! We don't elastic stretch jeans because we are bigger. I'm not quite ready to look like I'm ready to retire and I certainly think if I wanted to look frumpy I could go buy sweat pants at Walmart.< /p>

2 words: FLOWER PRINTS

Yesterday I was floating on a bit of a high and decided to go shopping at a couple of stores that I only ever shop online at...only to find that not a damn one carries anything that would go over my head in the store. Frickin' really???? According to http://stateofobesity.org/adult-obesity/, 28.3% of Maryland adults are obese. Seems like a lot of people to not be selling clothes to.

I, too hate the glitter, rhinestones, and sequins. Can't stand the shiny, clingy fabric they make most tops out of! And why all the cut-outs and/or macramé tops?

Why can't someone make a nice tailored blouse like Ina Garten and Martha Stewart wear? Much more flattering.

When I was in plus sizes, everything was waaay too long. Why does the fashion industry think that bigger means taller? What I wouldn't have given to find plus size petites....

target sells a plus size with short it works for me and i am 5'3'' and weigh 280

Pants that are too long. I'm 5'4" and almost always have to have them hemmed $$$$

I'm 5'10 and my issue is when I was plus size everything seems geared towards plus size "petite" people. Tall girls can be plus size too!! Why are there whole sections of stores dedicated to petite people and MAYBE one rack for the tall ones?? Seriously, ankle pants better not go out of style because at least I don't have to worry about the length!!