Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for early July buddy!

Hi everyone-I am so happy to have found this site and have spent hours reading posts! I am tentatively scheduled for gastric bypass on July 6. I have two more weigh ins at my doctors office, A psych eval, a nutrition class to take and a routine gastroscopy on June 3. At this point my main anxiety is due to not knowing if Aetna will approve me--my surgeons office has patients complete everything and they send the file at that point. I could literally find out on July 4 that I haven't been approved ????. I would love to find someone out there who is also scheduled for early July to be a support buddy. I know I'm going to need one and would love to do the same for someone else! Interestingly enough,

I did find out yesterday, I will only be on a three day clear liquid diet pre-surgery and thought that was so odd compared to everything I've read here!

I Hear Ya :) I am under Aetna as well. In my case my surgeons office will not submit it to Atena until June 8th, that is the 90 day date from my first nutritionist meeting/class although I completed all of my pre-op requirements (endoscopy, pysch eval, cardiac clearance, primary care clearance), a couple of weeks ago. I've also lost 30 lbs. since mid-march to get myself in the best position possible for surgery. T o be extra good I've been to their support group and also met with a recommended personal trainer.

It's quite a gauntlet to navigate but I guess it makes sense to thin out the heard of those not fully committed to the lifestyle change. Right now is the hardest part because I'm just in limbo for 4-6 weeks before I know I'm approved and they schedule a date for me. I'm hoping for mid-late July but who knows...

Best of luck!

Im July 14th and in the same 'hope they don't deny me' boat!

@@moltoguy, I'm confused about what you said about nutrition classes....my surgeons office is only requiring one meeting with a nutritionist as part of the approval process....what are you doing?

I'd love to stay in touch with you July folks--is there a way we can do that?

Hello MoBeans63,

I think the three nutritionist appointments over a 90 day period is to document for insurance that I have a completed 3 months of a 'supervised' program. I've been in weight loss programs before but not for many years.

The first appointment was a one on one and the next two were group. Basically just power point presentations for the group sessions. The group sessions were kind of weird, 11 patients jammed into a small office for a 30 minute presentation. Honestly in also may be just another "add-on $$$ requirement" but they won't submit until 6/8 which is 90 days from the first appointment.

Hey there! I am also July 6th, can't wait! I was approved in early April but chose to delay the surgery until July because I am off of work for the summer months. 34 days to go!!

I had to do 3 months of nutrition counseling, 2 individual meetings and a group class. I also have another group meeting with her before the surgery to learn exactly what the stages are before (liquid) and after the surgery. BCBS required 6 months to get approved but since I had been a member of Weight Watchers in the past 3 years they allowed me to use that for 3 months.

I would love to keep in touch with all of us July people. So excited that it's almost here!

I have my surgery July 14th, 2015 in Montreal Canada :) Super excited and nervous. Happy to stumble across this site though. Lots of information and support

I'm July 7th!

Hi everyone-I am so happy to have found this site and have spent hours reading posts! I am tentatively scheduled for gastric bypass on July 6. I have two more weigh ins at my doctors office, A psych eval, a nutrition class to take and a routine gastroscopy on June 3. At this point my main anxiety is due to not knowing if Aetna will approve me--my surgeons office has patients complete everything and they send the file at that point. I could literally find out on July 4 that I haven't been approved ????. I would love to find someone out there who is also scheduled for early July to be a support buddy. I know I'm going to need one and would love to do the same for someone else! Interestingly enough,

I did find out yesterday, I will only be on a three day clear liquid diet pre-surgery and thought that was so odd compared to everything I've read here!