Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having a hard time finding ANYONE that's had surgery my age ????????

Hello all! My name is Alyssa, im 23 and live in South Dakota. I'm having a hard time finding people to talk to about my surgery. (2/3/2015) my sister had hers this past week so I can't talk to her about the fun things (constipation, exercise, etc) yet. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? Lolol anyways. I'm down 130# since November (pre op requirements, included) a total of 70# lost from surgery. I've plateaued at 197. My gosh I am so disappointed the scale doesn't move so rapidly anymore. In dyer need of motivation, here! ????????

Hello! fellow 23-year-old here. My surgery date is August 17th, just a week away now! I can't offer you talk about the fun things yet but I would still love to be your friend. :) It is super hard finding people our age who have had this surgery or are even thinking about it.

Hello! fellow 23-year-old here. My surgery date is August 17th, just a week away now! I can't offer you talk about the fun things yet but I would still love to be your friend. :) It is super hard finding people our age who have had this surgery or are even thinking about it.

Hey there! I'm not 23, I'm 28... However I totally feel your pain! I'm not quite as far out as you, had mine on 7-1-15. So far have lost about 45# and I seemed to have hit a plateau. I keep telling myself, I didn't put the weight on that fast, so it's not going to come off like it. But I totally understand. Plus the Constipation sucks lol. I'm active, been walking 4-5 miles 2-3 times a week and the scales just sit there with the same numbers. It's frustrating, but it will be well worth it. Hang in there!

Hey ladies- good to see some fellow twenty something's making this work! I'm going in for my surgery day after tomorrow. Very nervous. As for the plateau thing...I have heard when that happens it can be helpful to go back on the liquid diet for two weeks. Might be worth a try? I done a crazy amount of reading to prepare for all of this. Anyway...hoping to find some people here I can talk to about the surgery. I'm afriad I'm going to be an emotional mess afterwards.

Hello. I'm 25! I totally understand your pain of meeting people hour age to discuss surgery I've found a similar situation. Congrats ok your loss! 130# is amazing!!! I had surgery 6/8/15, I'm down 61 so far. :)

Hey there! I'm not 23, I'm 28... However I totally feel your pain! I'm not quite as far out as you, had mine on 7-1-15. So far have lost about 45# and I seemed to have hit a plateau. I keep telling myself, I didn't put the weight on that fast, so it's not going to come off like it. But I totally understand. Plus the Constipation sucks lol. I'm active, been walking 4-5 miles 2-3 times a week and the scales just sit there with the same numbers. It's frustrating, but it will be well worth it. Hang in there!

maybe try changing up your exercise plan or eating a little more? Sometimes your body just needs a little change up to get moving again. :)

Hello all! I'm 25 and had surgery 3/26/2015 My 3 month plateau just broke and I must admit is a wonderful energizing feeling to know things are working.

Keep up the great work everyone! :)

@@Cervidae and @@morgants90 How are you feeling post op?

Edited by kcadoret

I'm doing great. Still pretty tired but I'm told that's normal. Yesterday was my one week post surgery. Besides the damn drain, which is hopefully coming out tomorrow, I'm feeling just fine. Getting extremely sick of the Protein Shakes though. :/

Hey guys :) I'm 23 and from Pittsburgh Pa. It is absolutely hard to find someone my own age but I am fortunate to know about 4 close people in my life that have had the bypass or band. I had my surgery on 8.26.15. I am almost at my one week! I'm still in a lot of pain though and my back actually hurts just as bad as my stomach. I am interest how people our age handle alcohol (once they are healed of course) all my friends are still in their parting stage and wanna go out and drink. My birthday is 9.16.91 and it was actually hard to find something to do that is not food or alcohol related. Any advice? Feelings? Experience?

Hi Alyssa and all!

I'm Angie and am also 23, good to see some strong hard working gals that I could relate to. I'm almost two years post op, so I can definitely talk about the fun stuff lol. The Constipation is not so fun, I actually don't have any movements unless I take a certain natural laxative.

As for exercise, I've recently gotten into Zumba. It's extremely fun and seems to be one of the few things that actually make me break a sweat now a days.

I'm also a college student and I come across issues such as stress eating, and alcohol. I'm not sure if you could relate, but if you do just know you're not alone. :)

I'm glad I came across this post. I just went to one of the support groups the other day and although I really enjoyed it I almost kind of wished that there were more people my age (23) there. I even asked the lady who was sort of running the discussions that day if she knew of any resources like good books or documentaries or like youtube channels for the younger crowd and it seemed that there weren't really a lot to choose from. So I am glad to have found this little community on here and was wondering if there was like a youtube channel or a book from the point of view of someone our age would you watch or buy it? Also what is one thing you wish people our age going through this had or what would make it easier?

I'm glad I came across this post. I just went to one of the support groups the other day and although I really enjoyed it I almost kind of wished that there were more people my age (23) there. I even asked the lady who was sort of running the discussions that day if she knew of any resources like good books or documentaries or like youtube channels for the younger crowd and it seemed that there weren't really a lot to choose from. So I am glad to have found this little community on here and was wondering if there was like a youtube channel or a book from the point of view of someone our age would you watch or buy it? Also what is one thing you wish people our age going through this had or what would make it easier?