Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is going to be a long post......and maybe TMI

I feel like I have to start from the beginning.

I was banded back in 2008. I did fine for the first few years but needless to say over time I started developing reflux. I had my gallbladder removed because they felt like it was the problem. It ended up being my band. So I developed severe GERD and my band slipped. I had revision done March 3rd this year. First week was great, 7 days in my heart rate jumped to 160 and my BP dropped to 78/40. They checked me for a leak...no leak.

WELL-- when I advanced my foods per my schedule I started to get fatigued after I eat...it went away until this past weekend. Friday I was going to the gym I think my blood sugar dropped because I felt clammy, numb, jittery. I felt better after I had eaten. I got a glucometer and about a hour after eating sugar (1/2 cooking Peanut Butter and teaspoon of sugar) my sugar was only 78 so I am not really sure how low it had gotten.

before the sleeve I always had trouble with Constipation. Not any more. And I thought I saw blood in my stool last week so this week I tested it and it is positive for blood.

I got anxious after eating yesterday and I feel like all this crap is just causing me to be paranoid. I feel like its starting to cause me to have anxiety attacks because Im just afraid something is going to be wrong. I may even be getting depressed.

I have felt ok since Saturday but Im just nervous...nervous that something is wrong.

Maybe its my mind and I need to talk with a counselor or something but Im not sure what avenue to take at this point. Im probably over worrying because I was so afraid to have this surgery from the beginning just something about having part of your stomach removed.

I have never had health issues like this. I have never had the feeling of impending doom like I did 7 days post op. I don't ever want to have that feeling again.

Right now Im just thankful to have a forum I can kind of share my feelings with. My friends and family just get aggravated with me because I didn't tell them I was feeling bad sooner.

I'm losing weight and I am happy about that but at the same point 2 1/2 months post op and I am regretting having this procedure.

I think you may be suffering from PTSD from your previous experiance and maybe talking to a professional is exactly what you need. I would first advise you to get checked by a doctor. You should go to your surgeon and if they dont meet your needs then go to someone else.

I have no revision experience, but I do know anxiety. It doesn't even have to have a rational base, it just is. You have had health concerns and surgery, so there's rational basis for your vigilance. Is there a counselor attached to your surgeon's team? It may be worth exploring treatment for anxiety as separate from the physical stuff. Keep your team informed of anything new or worrisome. You're going to be ok.

You should DEFINITELY see your Dr if there is blood in your stool! That needs to be checked out! If it's bright red ("fresh") it may be from hemorrhoids being irritated; dark blood is a whole 'nuther story. Have you had a colonoscopy in the last 3 years? They might recommend that, depending on what their test results show.

It's also normal to have a certain amount of concern, but persistent anxiety needs to be addressed. After discussing this with your Dr, s/he may put you on anti-anxiety drugs to get you thru the "crisis" portion of your post-surgery ordeal.

Keep us up to date on how you're doing!

No visible blood except for the one time. It was bright red and I know I have internal hemorrhoids so it didn't really concern me. But today my head said...what if something is wrong...so I checked it in our office with a hemacult card....nothing visible but it was positive. Will def update.

I had the band for 10 long miserable years. It left me with trauma too. Even so, raise your concerns with your surgeon. ..just in case.

It's funny that I thought the band was "no biggie" - not really bariatric surgery (i know I was queen of DeNile) while sleeve was scary life changing dangerous stuff. Hmmm. .. I might have gotten both slightly wrong. .a bit exaggerated!

You don't have to figure this out all by yourself. :)

It really is not required that you do that. :)

You don't get a higher grade by doing this with fewer resources. :)

See your doc. Find a good counselor. Get more resources on your team.

I don't have a lapband history or anxiety, and I'm seeing a shrink. It has really helped.

I know its crazy. I viewed the band as no biggie as well lol.

I had the band for 10 long miserable years. It left me with trauma too. Even so, raise your concerns with your surgeon. ..just in case.

It's funny that I thought the band was "no biggie" - not really bariatric surgery (i know I was queen of DeNile) while sleeve was scary life changing dangerous stuff. Hmmm. .. I might have gotten both slightly wrong. .a bit exaggerated!

Going to see a GP today.

I was put on Paxil and told to quit worrying so much. BUT this morning I almost passed out. I was putting on my make up and my heart started flip flopping in my chest, then I felt it in my neck and things started to go black. I stood there for a few seconds and it stopped but this is kind of what I have been dealing with since surgery. I have my stress test already scheduled for today. so we will see what that says.

I know the cycle: you get nervous about getting nervous and it can feed on itself. I am thinking of you . Please let us know if your caregivers don't take you seriously- I have ideas!

Thanks! Any ideas are appreciated. I haven't had any issues since my last post. I am on Paxil and by day 3 I really felt more calm. The worry is still there but it is a ton better. Also no more flip flopping in my chest. I should hear from the cardiologist by the end of the week regarding my stress test. They recommended me wearing a heart monitor for 30 days...that seems like a lot so we will see.

I'm glad you're getting medical attention.

You're in the right aisle and moving forward. :)

Good job. :)

I'm also glad to hear things have improved a bit! I was going to suggest that you take (and log) your pulse and blood pressure several times a day so that you can show that to whomever is seeing you or treating you (I've gone in for runaway anxiety twice in the last 10 years and the time that I calmly produced a log of my (troubling) blood pressure and pulse I was taken WAY more seriously than when I just verbally told them that I felt like my heart was going to break out of my chest it was beating so fast :/.).

Best to you!

Edited by rhw94123

I am glad you are seeking help. I worry about Paxil is know to cause weight gain. There are lots of antidepressants on the market that don't have that side effect. Speak with your doctor concerning that if you notice you are not able to lose weight or gain.

Ive actually lost about 5lbs since starting it lol. I was worried about that as well but I am going to keep a close eye on it and if I stall I am going to straight to the dr.

As for a log there for a few weeks I was keeping bp, pulse and glucose log and food as well. SO I have that going in case I need it but so far since starting the meds im still good!