Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's all i think about

@@Bingo I'm so happy for you we have so much in common! I'm so excited for you.....I to have decided to only tell very few people! Don't be sorry I to tend to wanna say a little something but go I forever but I'm just so excited good luck girly

Good luck to you ! We're all pulling for each other I believe.

I'm obsessed, too. I started the process last September, then had a 12 month wait from December (for my insurance to kick in) - so it feels like it's taking forever for me. It's all I think about and I spend hours and hours on the internet devouring information. I can't even talk about it with people because nobody knows I'm having the procedure done, and I don't know anyone who's had any type of WLS.

At least the long wait has allowed me to get a head start and lose some weight before surgery.

My mother had the gastric bypass and had no waiting period at Cleveland clinic due to it being to get extra skin for a really huge hernia. No nut appointments, nothing. And I watched her be very sick from not doing as she should. So, I have already been drinking 1 Protein Shake a day getting ready. Also watching what I eat and drinking plenty of Water, which I never drank before. Wanting to be my best for sure! I also do research daily on this and exercises to help my wls succeed to the fullest.

I'm loving this group more and more each day!!!!! did anyone else look into the RNY bypass first before deciding on the sleeve? If so, how did you decide on the sleeve? For me I decided on the sleeve because I didn't want to have to deal with mal absorption down the road and I don't really like the idea of having my insides re-routed!! I spoke with several coworkers that had the bypass and each one attempted to convince me to go with the bypass by saying the RNY offers a larger weight loss faster. I need to lose weight but i'm okay with it taking a little longer because I didn't gain it all over night so I don't expect to loose it overnight.

My mother had the bypass and because I saw what she went thru, I wanted the sleeve. She actually list weight so fast she ended up in hospital for malnutrition. Every time after she was healed that we would go out to eat lunch, she ended up eating only a cpl bites, but threw up every time.

EVERYONE goes through this!! Of course you are not alone! I researched for a year before my surgery. I had to wait till the following year for open enrollment then wait till January when the insurance was in effect before I could even go to the bariatric center to see if I was even a candidate. It is so hard waiting. But, I read every single book ever written about the subject during that time. I got on BariatricPal.com every single day and I read everything I could. Then I started asking questions on the boards. Then I became acquainted with some of the other members here...who incidentally are an amazing support group! You may not always hear what you want to hear if you ask for advice, but you will get the truth, either with hearts and flowers or with a kick in the rear. Don't ever be offended, we just want to help, and sometimes we become a little emotional, because, afterall.......we are ALL doing this to better ourselves, and become mobile and healthy and extend our lifespan. So, don't feel like the Lone Ranger! If you have questions...by all means, ask them. And please do reach out when you need some support. We do that best. Wishing you well!!

(edited: I forgot...YOU TUBE videos are also on the list of things to do while you are waiting)

Hi all..

i am in this catagory too. I am consumed by the fact my surgery is in 30 days. Yep 30 days. i am self pay in Mexico with Dr. Zavalza so I didnt have the 6 month wait that I have seen on here...but it has been 3 months since I chose to do this. My biggest thing is stalking forums...lol even some Facebook groups that I been added too.

It goes over and over in my mind. I am trying to stay focused on how hard it is going to be right after when we are learning to eat. But I am still keeping on eyes on the big prize.

So excited for everyone...good luck and stay strong..

Mine is June 17th with Dr. Zavalza :)

Right on...finally found someone who is going to be at the same time as me...are u going alone ? We should be friends lol

Hi all..

i am in this catagory too. I am consumed by the fact my surgery is in 30 days. Yep 30 days. i am self pay in Mexico with Dr. Zavalza so I didnt have the 6 month wait that I have seen on here...but it has been 3 months since I chose to do this. My biggest thing is stalking forums...lol even some Facebook groups that I been added too.

It goes over and over in my mind. I am trying to stay focused on how hard it is going to be right after when we are learning to eat. But I am still keeping on eyes on the big prize.

So excited for everyone...good luck and stay strong..

Mine is June 17th with Dr. Zavalza :)

Awesome guys, keep us informed of your process. I stalk here several times a day. Lol. Learning a lot. I believe 3 mos is plenty to wait, but insurance company don't care abt that I'm sure. Lol. Are you having any work done in mexico post weight loss?

My first appt is 6/2/15 having totally made up my mind but hopefully this visit will answer all my questions and remove all negative vibes I have.

Welcome! Hope you get your answers

Me too! I'm excited. We have a very busy summer and my husband will be gone for most of it so unfortunately I have to wait till September. I just want to do it now!!

So glad that I found this thread!!! I have tried lessening the computer and research time in the last week or so because it was consuming ALL my free time. Haha.

I attended a WLS seminar at a local hospital earlier this month. I was very discouraged when I was given a list of questions I needed to have my insurance company answer before they would schedule my first appointment. I say discouraged because my insurance company told me those were all questions my doctors needed to be asking, they couldn't give me specific answers. For a day or two I was sick, nauseous and ready to give up.

It was one night before bed that my husband said "Why don't we just look for doctors downstate? I'll travel for great customer service and for the doc's office to do their job with the insurance companies." It was like the light bulb came on. I contacted Barix Clinics in Southern Michigan because my dad had his lap band done here about 5 years ago. I attend my seminar there AND have a face to face consult with the surgeon on June 13th. (A Saturday so no extra time off work!!!) The lady I talked to said that by Monday or Tuesday they'd have information from my insurance company on what else was needed and they would work with me on financing my out of pocket financial responsibilities.

So... time seems to be standing still. Glad to have others to share the lack of patience with!! :)

My surgeons office wouldn't even schedule a consult for me before they had some type of clearance from Aetna. I filled out the form on their website