Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my doctor said the same thing, no dumping.

It was pretty much both. BBQ ribs. lol. sauce and fatty. Not smart. Could be blockage. I lost track of how I chewed.

According to your profile you just had surgery a little over a month ago. I would think you eating anything pork or beef would cause you to not be successful. Trust me I know. A month and a half after surgery I tried to eat a taco and puked it up within minutes after taking the last bite. Its so not worth it.

Yeah I have no doubt that I had a dumping episode, so I'm on the "it can happen with a sleeve" bandwagon.

I just had dumping last night and it was awful. Felt like my intestines were twisted or something! I am nearly 4 wks post op. I had 3 bites of a Breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs, but I'm sure the sausage did it. No more sausage for me!! Now I'm dehydrated and considering the hospital as we speak????

Get well flabbynat

I have the band --waiting for approval for revision to bypass. What I've experienced is food getting stuck and what is referred to as "sliming". That can also cause headache and chest pain with the sweats. It lasts as long as it takes to open the plug caused by the stuck food -- usually a few minutes. Not the same as dumping. Dumping is caused from eating fatty or sugary foods and lasts about an hour -- major diarrhea, sweats, nausea.

I just had dumping last night and it was awful. Felt like my intestines were twisted or something! I am nearly 4 wks post op. I had 3 bites of a Breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs, but I'm sure the sausage did it. No more sausage for me!! Now I'm dehydrated and considering the hospital as we speak????

Did you go to the hospital? Hope you are feeling better. It took me two days before I quit feeling so bad. The day after I did not get all my protein- just focused on Water.< /p>

My dietitian told me "dumping" only happens to people who get gastric bypass not the sleeve.

Obviously your dietician is wrong. You should educate her so she is not giving false information. Feel free to reference the actual study that was conducted by professionals that I referenced in my earlier post which proves this to be fact.

I get dumping too. My other problem is that my sleeve is tempermental. I can eat something one day then the next it makes me feel horrible. I never know what is going to set it off. It could be just feeling yucky or a straight up diarrhea or foaming. I have thought that it may be eating too much or too fast but I don't think that is the case. I usually have an egg and 2 pieces of bacon. Yesterday it was fine, today not so much. Been in the bathroom since 20 minutes after I ate it. Yuck

I wonder about these dietitians in these bariatric offices!

Dumping Syndrome definitely happens to the sleeved. I'm a little over 2 weeks out and had my first episode. It was hell! Sweating profusely, wanting to pass out, nausea beyond belief, lasting over 1/2 hour.

My question - Some sleeved do not experience dumping syndrome while others do. If we do, is this something that will be an issue the rest of our lives? jake

Dumping Syndrome definitely happens to the sleeved. I'm a little over 2 weeks out and had my first episode. It was hell! Sweating profusely, wanting to pass out, nausea beyond belief, lasting over 1/2 hour.

My question - Some sleeved do not experience dumping syndrome while others do. If we do, is this something that will be an issue the rest of our lives? jake

I can't answer for sure as everyone is different, but I only had it about the first 6 months.