Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone experienced any problems due to a fatty liver or elevated ALTs, liver enzymes? I want to make sure I am a good candidate.

Thanks!

I was diagnosed with a fatty liver prior to surgery. It was also enlarged. To help with the fatty & enlarged liver I had to do Optifast two weeks prior to surgery. All went well. I did have some tenderness on my left side (liver area) for a couple weeks. Maybe bruised during the procedure? Not sure....I will be 2 years out July 29. Best of Luck on your journey!

I was diagnosed with a fatty liver prior to surgery. It was also enlarged. To help with the fatty & enlarged liver I had to do Optifast two weeks prior to surgery. All went well. I did have some tenderness on my left side (liver area) for a couple weeks. Maybe bruised during the procedure? Not sure....I will be 2 years out July 29. Best of Luck on your journey!

Just as a note...The Liver is located under the ribs on the right hand side of the body.

I was also diagnosed with a fatty liver...It didn't cause any problems with the surgery that I am aware of. I had to do a Two week liquid diet prior to the surgery. I was told this was to assist in shrinking the liver some. The liver is in the way regardless if it's fatty or not. The end of it right across the top of the stomach right where the surgeon is going to be working. Basically are bodies store fat "Everywhere" including the organs.

Maudeispam, 2 years? How have you adjusted? Did your liver issue go away?

Just as a note...The Liver is located under the ribs on the right hand side of the body.

I was also diagnosed with a fatty liver...It didn't cause any problems with the surgery that I am aware of. I had to do a Two week liquid diet prior to the surgery. I was told this was to assist in shrinking the liver some. The liver is in the way regardless if it's fatty or not. The end of it right across the top of the stomach right where the surgeon is going to be working. Basically are bodies store fat "Everywhere" including the organs.

Right, I guess the liver didn't get in the way at all?

Good link: Fatty Liver

Hey, 5683 spells love, no? I've used it for years for my pin numbers...

That's a great thing to tell us :scalesno: now we know your pins :lol:

Watch out you know that there is such a thing as transfer addiction ands maybe one of us is going to become a crook :lol:

(just pulling your leg :scales: - couldn't help myself;))

HA! Good luck getting anything from my account after the cost of this surgery! :scalesno:

I understand - my doctor has a LARGE program fee.... The problem is he is the only one in the area that does this and I don't want to go out of town for the surgery, fills etc. I guess you get his cell # for any emergerncies ... But I am lucky enought to have the $$ snd if i don't do something about my weight - I won't be here to enjoy it anyway...

Diggity - good luck on your journey... This is a GREAT place for info...

My liver is fine now. Levels are all good in the normal range and I havent lost as much weight as I would like, but I need to work my band better.

I was diagnosed with a fatty liver several years ago. I didn't have to do anything special prior to surgery. And I'm happy to report that my bloodwork last month showed my liver count to be within the normal range for the first time in 5 years.