Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did your breast's do?

From a guys point of view you ladies are investing too much identity in you curves. You are all achieving fantastic losses and there are trade offs but you are who you are inside and give yourselves some great attaboy a over what's happening to your life first and if the looks are still critical do a little reshaping after that loss. The biggest successes in your lives are what you are doing now. Congratulations to all of you

I had surgery June 1st, so I am just 1 day away from being 4 Months out. I didn't notice a huge different with the girls and I've lost 100 lbs since the beginning of my journey in October 2014. I however have had serious issues with my breasts since as far back as I can remember. The "bigger one" I so delicately refer the left is a size C & the "little one" is an A and I'm being generous. I have breast augmentation scheduled for December 17th, 2015. I have 50 more lbs to lose before I hit my goal weight and I hope to get 1/2 way there by then!

From a guys point of view you ladies are investing too much identity in you curves. You are all achieving fantastic losses and there are trade offs but you are who you are inside and give yourselves some great attaboy a over what's happening to your life first and if the looks are still critical do a little reshaping after that loss. The biggest successes in your lives are what you are doing now. Congratulations to all of you

Do you know the many, many breast cancer survivors had worries that went beyond cancer into "how will I feel as a woman if I have no breasts?" It is a genuine concern for many woman and not just those who have been diagnosed with cancer.

Our breasts are a part of our identity, they help make us feel young, sexy, attractive and well proportioned. It is the reason why many women choose augmentation as they age, have children or for a boost of self confidence.

Most of us don't care about a man's opinion about out breasts but care about what WE see in the mirror. We want our shapes, curves and clothes to look best and feel our breasts help facilitate a specific look.

Pirate's dream, sunken chest....with 2 little coin purses dangling beneath.

Understand I'm 54 and have breastfed 2 children, so perky was never in my future.

Just a side note, I had my first mammogram done as a baseline. I was expecting it to be painful it wasn't bad. I don't know if it's because of all the saggy fatty tissue or what but I walked out of there like that was it? So if you have excess saggy fatty breast tissue it might make mammograms less uncomfortable.

I'll be 54 this coming Saturday, always had big boobs. HW 285 lbs. SW 257 lbs. CW 176 lbs. Bra size was 46 DD and now 36 D. Don't look too bad in clothes but let's get real here ... that's after I lift everything up into the ole cup. This includes all the loose side fat - yuck! Yesterday was my annual mammogram. If that doesn't humble ya, nothing will. Felt bad for the nurse having to lift my "flat as a pancake" breast up and lay it on the machine. Good news? No breast cancer! Great news? I've suffered through much worse ... had a stroke the day before Thanksgiving 2013! As a result, I have a chronic debilitating nerve condition that while it won't kill me, I will die with it. Think of your worst sunburn ever and then a cheese grater vigorously scratching it. Add numbness when walking more than 20 minutes at a time and that's what my whole right side feels like 24/7! I choose to stay positive and this gift I've given myself of gastric bypass surgery will not be wasted. My sweet 80 year old mother asked me the other day, "Honey what will you do when you have loose skin?" My reply, "Just tuck it in my clothes and go on about my life because now at least I can have a life"!!! Don't worry as it changes nothing and only stresses your body out. Everything's going to be just fine ;)

I just have to say again( and I'm not bragging, just trying to give people hope) how much I love love love my little tiny boobs. Yes they aren't as firm as they could be, but they used to point down and since I lost weight they have turned up a lot more and I actually, for once in my life, love them!!

I always hated my boobs, even before I gained weight. I didnt like their shape and thought they were saggy. It's so weird because the way I lost weight this time made them better!! I still take off my bra and go wow I love those little boobies!!

I'm a b cup and it's the perfect size. I wouldn't even mind if they were a little smaller.

I thought for sure I would need a breast lift after surgery, thank goodness I don't! I'm so happy.

Another weird thing is I always had really thick legs, even when I was 150 pounds, before I gained weight. My legs now are super skinny, like chicken legs. It's so weird I never expected to look like this. I think it may have something to do with the low carb diet. Ones body takes fat differently when you diet low carb.

It's amazing how happy I am with how I look.

The only thing I don't like is my tummy area where I have loose skin. Need a Tummy Tuck for that big time!!!

So have hope ladies- your boobs may survive this!!

Edited by bellabloom

I don't ever remember having perky boobs ever! They came in as sagging DDs, I swear. I just roll them up and wait to hit goal to schedule a lift, augmentation and arms. I'm hoping I can go all in one shot!

So I guess this is another posting area a guy should stay out of apparently a guy commenting on breasts is a no no. I misunderstand the subject. Sorry ladies especially Ashlegal

So I had my GBP last August so I am a little over a year out. I started at 265lbs size 20 bottoms - 22 tops. Size 40DD. My boobs and butt were the first things to go! I am now size 12 -almost can get in a size 10 but they are just a little too tight for comfort. My boobs are a sad sad mess. I am down to a 34 small C. I plan on doing whatever it takes to get these babies fixed next year! This year I had the arm fat removed - worse pain EVER! I plan on using income tax to do the boobs, belly tuck/butt lift next year!

Hi All !

I'm scheduled to have RNY on the 17th of June. I am 339, 5'4", 48. I look like the Michelin Man, lots of folds. Now my breasts already hang very low, point south and they're large. They get in the way of my arms as they seem to fall to the side of me. I HATE them, always have.

Some time after RNY, how do your breasts take the weight loss? Do some just fill back up? Do some go completely flat? Do some shrink and look perky? What happens to your breasts long after surgery?