Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm taking a week of from work, so glad I decided to do that.

But what about Soups in a cup? I add a little butter to the Soup and it fills me a little more. And Yogurt maybe? If you just roll it around in your mouth before swallowing, then it will be thin enough I would think?

I'm day 3 post op. I still have a lot of pain (hernia repair) and I'm not doing well consuming anything. I'm so over Protein Shakes but I try to sip it.

I definitely can't drink 2. I've tried Soup and I even had an applesauce because I'm hungry I guess. I've had ice pops but nothing is filling me. I was wondering if anyone had a cream soup the first week? I know you have to follow your own Drs. Directions but I don't feel like I'm consuming enough Protein or liquids. Frustrated so any input appreciated.

My mother is a dietician and I was starving and she told me that it would be OK to make some potato Soup. Just boil the potatoes until the fall apart with a little Water, milk and butter. It was a life saver!!

I've tried cream Soups. I was so hungry and I tried a lot of stuff. So a cream Soup it was.

I drink it from a cup and make it roll around in my mouth a bit before swallowing.

I don't make them thick, and I feel no pain or difficulty drinking them.

I'm gonna make an Asparagus cream soup now. I just make sure I have no Asparagus in it before drinking it. It's becoming a highlight of my day, my evening soups.

Mine was clear liquids for the first 2 days post op. Starting with day 3 i have been able to add soupy grits, oatmeal, and cream of wheat, cream Soups without food particles, sugar free pudding, yogurt smooth style, Protein Shakes, vegetable juice and milk. The grits have been a huge help to me.

I had any Soups I wanted. I was told as long as they are the consistency that can go through a straw (Don't actually use a straw!) it was fine. If the soups had small bits in I would put it through a siv if not I put it in the blender for a good 5 mins till smooth. That way there is loads of choice, obviously go for the lesser calories your not going to be clocking up too many at this stage anyway. I also used bovril, marmite (think that's vegemite in the states?) and knorr stock cubes ❤️

I'm day 3 post op. I still have a lot of pain (hernia repair) and I'm not doing well consuming anything. I'm so over Protein shakes but I try to sip it.

I definitely can't drink 2. I've tried Soup and I even had an applesauce because I'm hungry I guess. I've had ice pops but nothing is filling me. I was wondering if anyone had a cream Soup the first week? I know you have to follow your own Drs. Directions but I don't feel like I'm consuming enough Protein or liquids. Frustrated so any input appreciated.

popcycles helped me a lot, to bring the swelling down and it stoped me from being hungry....chewing on ice or just letting it sit in your mouth I ate about a bag of popcycles in three days...

I think it's ok to do cream Soups the first week. Just don't have them thick.

I was told that anything that I could sip with a straw was ok. And a cream Soup can be sipped with a straw.

Do not use a straw though :)

During the liquid phase, at work, I primarily ate greek 2% yogurt mixed with a little milk to thin it out. Then I would add a packet or two of splenda. That and a Protein shake was usually enough to get me through the work day.