Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Processor Suggestions

Starting to look for a quality food processor for post surgery. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It's a bit expensive but if you have the money, get a Vitamix! I love mine and it will do most anything. I use mine for Soups and smoothies/shakes. Not a lump to be found. I think it would be great for post-op.

BTW, it has a 7 year warrantee. You could spend that much on replacing cheaper machines over that period of time. It does more than blend so you could use it through ALL the post-op stages and when you are on "normal" food.

I have a Nutri-Bullet that works great!

Mini ninja it's great for smaller portions after surgery.

I have a Ninja and LOVE IT! Mine came with a large "family" blender, two personal blending cups and a food processor. It was a little pricey, around $200 and I am not sure about the warranty, but it's been worth every dollar!

We have the ninja and love it. Parents have a vitamix and it's great. I love that in the vitamix you can make hot Soups.

I do hot stuff in my Ninja too and have had no problems. I think the polycarbonate (?) is not really rated for hot stuff but so far so good. I use my small cups to do bulletproof coffee every morning.

Starting to look for a quality food processor for post surgery. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nutri/bullet works perfect for me!!! shakes, Soups, SMOOTHIES!!

I made a few purchases over the weekend:

Nutribullet-My Vitamix is too big for single servings.

Bathroom Scale-A new one that is supposed to be VERY accurate.

Kitchen Scale-Haven't had one for years

The last two will be here tomorrow.

I have an old Cuisinart food processor. It works great, but I haven't used it in at least a year. During my pre-op stage I bought a Blendtec at costco. It has been AWESOME! I've used it at least twice a day, almost every day, since I've had it. During the pre-op liquid diet I used it for all of my Protein shakes. After surgery I've used it for Soups as well as Protein Shakes. I don't know how I would have gotten so far without it! Now that I'm a few weeks post-op, I can't wait to get more adventurous with smoothies, ice creams, and Soups in my Blendtec.

The Blendtec will blend literally ANYTHING. The demo at costco was a smoothie that included a whole avocado pit, which blended down to almost nothing. Search "will it blend?" on You Tube for tons of videos. I was sold on the Blendtec when I watched it blend an iphone and golf balls!

Based on what I've been playing around with in the kitchen these days, I think my next purchase will be a mini food processor. I'm mostly looking to make some sauces (like peanut sauce) and dressings using fruits and vegetables, maybe chopping and pureeing garlic .... essentially, simple little tasks.
I understand that most of these are not very powerful, but for my purposes such a processor should be fine.

Edited by Alecia454

On 5/4/2020 at 4:19 AM, Alecia454 said:

Based on what I've been playing around with in the kitchen these days, I think my next purchase will be a mini food processor. I'm mostly looking to make some sauces (like peanut sauce) and dressings using fruits and vegetables, maybe chopping and pureeing garlic .... essentially, simple little tasks.
I understand that most of these are not very powerful, but for my purposes such a processor should be fine.

I made all my sons baby food by steaming/baking his veg, fruit, and meat and using a $10 mini chopper (1 cup size) from a local home store way back in 2006. With a little broth mixed in, it was perfect. So I bought one for me, since I will essentially be going through the same process for a few months. Nothing fancy needed.

I do have a nutribullet for my smoothies and Protein Drinks, but that was given to me 3 years ago for Christmas. Love it to death, use it pretty much daily. Still going strong.