Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for June (8) surgery buddies

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I had my bypass June 9th and am down 30 pounds. Can tolerate cottage cheese, yogurt and Soup right now.

Last Tuesday I developed a sharp pain in my left should when I would breath in. As the day went on I also developed the pain in my left side, also when I breathed in. By about 8 that night I went to Urgent Care who sent me to the ER. Long story short is they did a cat scan and discovered there was an abscess on my pouch, so I have been in the hospital ever since. I have been on antibiotics, had another swallow test today to very there was a leak and that came back positive. Doc wants me here a couple more days, will move to stag 3 tomorrow and possibly be released on Sunday. He said he does not see this very often and it is typically caused by overeating. I had been on stage 4 for about a week and could barely eat a yogurt and 1/4C cottage cheese per day, so I did not cheat and have not touched anything not on the stage 4 list! Benefit, I get another week off work :-)

Wow, sorry to hear that. Hope everything is going better. I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks. I still figuring out my new tummy. I am on purée food stage. And I trying to find a new food to eat. I can handle yogurt perfectly. I can do a little bit a cottage cheese, chicken, and eggs. Any ideas?

Hope you feel better Spiceyfrog

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I had my bypass June 9th and am down 30 pounds. Can tolerate cottage cheese, yogurt and Soup right now.

Last Tuesday I developed a sharp pain in my left should when I would breath in. As the day went on I also developed the pain in my left side, also when I breathed in. By about 8 that night I went to Urgent Care who sent me to the ER. Long story short is they did a cat scan and discovered there was an abscess on my pouch, so I have been in the hospital ever since. I have been on antibiotics, had another swallow test today to very there was a leak and that came back positive. Doc wants me here a couple more days, will move to stag 3 tomorrow and possibly be released on Sunday. He said he does not see this very often and it is typically caused by overeating. I had been on stage 4 for about a week and could barely eat a yogurt and 1/4C cottage cheese per day, so I did not cheat and have not touched anything not on the stage 4 list! Benefit, I get another week off work :-)

Sorry to hear you are in the hospital but I wish you a speedy recovery!

My surgery is on Monday in two days I just woke up feeling nauseous and have the Jello legs ALREADY. First surgery ever.

@@mmrennau, you will do great! When people told me it got better everyday, I remember thinking it better and it did. The first couple days were difficult, but it definitely gets better every day. Good luck!

Thank you :)

just want to get this past me already!! I don't even feel like doing anything today. Meh.

Thank you :)

just want to get this past me already!! I don't even feel like doing anything today. Meh.

I know exactly how you feel. My surgery isn't even until Sept and if I think about it i can get the nauseous feeling and butterflies in my stomach too. I do pray for a speedy recovery but I truly believe the pre surgery jitters will be the worse part of it all. I hope so anyway. Good luck, and I can't wait to follow your progress.

Thank you that actually makes me feel better I'm going to try to remember that! Hope everyone has a great 4th of July ! Be safe.

My surgery is on Monday in two days I just woke up feeling nauseous and have the Jello legs ALREADY. First surgery ever.

If you could find each if our pre-op posts, they will read the same. The closer you get it starts getting very real. Stay strong what you are feeling is only natural. I'm 4 weeks post op as if yesterday and its so much better everyday. Its just getting through surgery and early post-op. I'm so happy, feeling better everyday. I'm so excited for you and how your life will change. Its awesome once you start to notice each small accomplishment Keep us posted & we will see you on the other side. You have my prayers!

Sorry to hear about this. I pray you are getting better. Thanks for letting us know. You have my prayers!

I am one month out from surgery and have lost 22.8 pounds. I feel wonderful and am looking forward to the rest of it coming off. I started at 234. I'm assuming I'm a slow loser since I see people dropping way more than that at one month out but I will be thrilled with every pound I lose! Anyone else a slow loser?

I am a slow loser! I am 5 weeks out tomorrow and I have lost 25 pounds since surgery. I started at 270 (I am 5'11"). I had my one month dr appointment today and they said I was doing great. I feel so much better! Amazing what a difference 25 ponds makes!