Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ewww this is horrible

Okay so I got the sleeve on April 23rd, and ever since all I do is spit, still not getting in all my fluids and every time I try to drink a Protein Shake I throw up. Has anyone ever experienced this, if so what did you do to help with the spitting and nauseous?

I am five months out as of May 10th. I still get nauseated and throw up. I take a double dose of

Prilosec and I take ultra gas X because you can't eat you have gas so bad you feel like you are

going to throw up and being so hungry makes you sick at your stomach. Some people have this problem

and some don't. I have nausea medicine from my Dr. you should ask for something for your sick

stomach, it is not good to throw up all of the time because you can tear your sutures.

Thank you

My surgery was April 20 and I threw up everything for the first week. It's gotten better but I still can mostly only tolerate Soups and liquids. It has gotten better but it feels like forever since I have eaten something that tastes good that doesn't make me nauseous.

It will get better, once you are able to eat solid food again. This is the hardest part but you

will adjust. I hope you feel better soon.

Actually I am feeling worse, think I'm dehydrated because now I can't even keep my Clear Liquids down???? I'm at the hospital waiting to be seen. Thank you all.

I am so glad that you went back to the hospital. I have heard that dehydration happens a lot. You

can't eat when you are sick at your stomach or drink. It is so hard to get past the first month or

so. Keep us posted on how you are. I am always amazed at the things some sleevers go through.

I had to go in and get 2 bags of fluids and a banana bag the first week. It helped a lot. I only threw up a few times after that and then I started to tolerate food/water a lot better. I also have to take the prilosec 2ce a day or else i wake up in the middle of the night with what feels like chest pains but is probably heart burn. I still can't drink the powdered Protein drinks, they gross me out and makes me nauseous. I have tried premixed Proteins like muscle milk and pure Protein which i can tolerate. I usually get the muscle milk with 40 grams of protein and it takes me about 3 sittings in the day to get down the whole thing. It does have 220 calories but when I couldn't keep anything down 220 calories with 40 grams of protein is not too bad. If it seems too thick I have mixed a little skim milk with it.

Good Luck! I hope you start feeling better!

have you ever had orange cream/vanilla ice cream or an orange julius? If you like anything orange

you might want to try this. You can't taste the Protein in it and it is the only way I can drink

Protein without throwing up and I am five months post-op.

I use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, vanilla powder protein mix or you can get protein mix at Walmart or drug store. If

you have a blender, fill it half full with chipped ice. Add one Light N Lively orange, Greek

yogurt (80 calories, one serving of vanilla - protein mix. One cup of 50/50 orange juice (half

the sugar of regular orange juice). Blend until it looks like an orange milk shake. It is easy to

get down without that horrible taste and it is full of protein. You can use strawberry yogurt, and

fresh strawberries. If you want an even creamier shake you can use a cup of sugar free/fat free

vanilla ice cream. I hate fat/sugar free ice cream but you can't tell in these shakes.

I still get sick easy so I just take a few bites of something every few hours. I had a very hard

time with my surgery so I have had to do what is best for me even if it doesn't follow the

program exactly. I am very picky about what I eat and I never go over 1,000 calories, usually

less than that. I was staying so hungry all of the time it made me even sicker.

Experiment with your food and try only tiny amounts at the time and of course chew, chew, chew.

It really does get better as you learn how to eat the foods that don't make you feel ill. Foods

that I use to love I can't stand the taste of now. This is truly a life changing surgery in more

ways than one.

I can relate to all the spitting, nausea, foamy throw up, slim throw up, all around throwing up. I was sleeved on May 4th, could not keep anything down. I was given a total of three banana bags and discharged on May 6th with orders of a visiting nurse for two weeks to administer 2000ml IV's. I have tried to as of yesterday to follow the full liquid diet, I ate two bites of Greek yogurt and had a horrible bout of throwing up and later on in the day I tried two bites of mashed potatoes with nothing in them but made with milk, again same thing with horrible throwing up. I know it will get better but goodness when your going through it!......

It's hard because we just don't know what our stomachs will tolerate. Today I have blended a Premier Protein shake which has gone down okay. Wishing everyone well, this hurdle will pass!

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one! I got sleeved May 7 and I hear people say how they are eating well and I'm having a hard time with Water and shakes. I know everyone's body is different but I just didn't expect this. I'm not throwing up, I just can't seem to get anything down. I am trying to avoid dehydration. Any suggestions or what helped for people would be welcome. I hope you feel better soon

I am tolerating liquids and shakes but food is a slow process. If I eat more than a couple of ounces I have pain in my chest then vomiting. I've been told that this gets better. I just want to sit down and eat without vomiting.