Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's feeling/ felt starved during the liquids stage?

I am 5 days post op and feel so starved! It's very difficult. I hear some ppl never feel hunger at all post surgery. Is it normal to feel such extreme hunger this early in the game?I am sure I am not feeling " mental hunger" I have hunger pangs all day long.

It's head hunger, for me my new tummy was saying yeah I'm full, but my mind was like omg I've only have 2 bites I need more. You may not even realize your full because your tummy is still numb that's why it's important to measure and follow your plan. This feeling will go away over the next few weeks. I had RNY so my old tummy was grumbling which made my head do even more omg I'm starving moments lol congrats on your journey!

@@bringingsexyback1 Believe it or not, that is GAS. Your surgeon will tell you that. If you read more of these boards you will find that most here will tell you the same. If you are not on Prilosec or some other PPI you may want to consult with your doctor.

I haven't felt that way too much. I have heard my stomach growl. I am not taking prevacid unless I feel heartburn, which I haven't felt yet. the worst for me was the thirst waiting for my leak test Thursday a week ago. I would've licked the condensation off the window if I could've. that sucked....

I am 2 weeks post op. I have hunger and it is real. I take zantac everyday. It will get better when you get to stage 2. My NUT says to eat every two hours. And I DO !!

Part of it is definite head hunger, the other part is some actual stomach hunger for me. My pouch is still confused on what it really is used for at the moment, cause it sure ain't eating lol. It's kinda just rumbly and tender in there. So I guess we are basically training it, with the steps we reach each week. I can tell its a lot of head games for sure. Good luck on your journey ????

I am 2 weeks post op also. I am hungry! I have a friend that had this done and she said she was the same way until about a month out. It is hard right now!

Did your dr prescribe stomach tremor pulls, the kind you put under your tongue? It's not hunger, it's your stomach healing. I know what your talking about but I take a pill for it. 12 days post op and those feelings have subsided. You cannot feel hunger because they cut out the gheric hormone when you were sleeved.

Did your dr prescribe stomach tremor pulls, the kind you put under your tongue? It's not hunger, it's your stomach healing. I know what your talking about but I take a pill for it. 12 days post op and those feelings have subsided. You cannot feel hunger because they cut out the gheric hormone when you were sleeved.

I feel hunger! It is greatly reduced, and is pretty easily satisfied... but it is hunger.

I'm 10 day post. I know I feel hungry. It isn't like before. Easily ignored or satisfied. I'm on Zantac for Reflux. That is working great.

Today was my first day on soft foods, so I was really excited to have ANYTHING that wasn't pureed. I cooked chicken thighs. They were very moist and tender. I also cooked cauliflower ..also very tender. I only had about three teeny tiny bites of the chicken and chewed the crap out of it, and I got the slimes. It wanted to come back up. I won the battle, but it was very uncomfortable. Don't rush it, folks. The liquid and pureed phases are there for a reason. Learning to eat again, is the hard part.....I am finding.

I am 2 weeks post op also. I am hungry! I have a friend that had this done and she said she was the same way until about a month out. It is hard right now!

I have had cravings but I just dismiss by say to my self this is temporary and after I get to goal I can have some comfort foods. Stay the course and will get there.

I'm only 10 days out and was SO HUNGRY last week! Now I'm mostly just tired/weak. As long as u eat correctly it will be ok.