Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 26th Sleevers out there?

Seana I had to chuckle at "How long does it take to eat 4 tablespoons?"

For me it takes 1-1 1/2 hours when at work. At home the usual 20 minutes. I'm stalled again due to this as well as not getting enough Water in (worse at work better at home) and the daily vomiting when I eat soft foods. I'm working backwards to improved situation.

Michelle

How much weight has everyone lost?

I haven't been able to exercise at all due to the lump I've had on my left side which has been so painful from the start and I've been told not to exercise till the pain has gone.

I feel like this has slowed down my weight lost. I still walk when I can.

Pre op diet 274

Day of surgery 267

Today 232

Total of 42 pounds.

Feels like it should be more!

Hello all!

I have hit a stall at 8 weeks out!!!! Arghhh....been at 39 lb loss (since pre-op diet) for at least 2-3 weeks now. I tell my self every day.....water + Protein, Water + Protein, yada-yada-yada.

For a while, I was ecstatic about how much I'd lost, but now I'm ready to get losing again. It is true that you do lose inches and not necessarily pounds as I did measurements and lost 3 inches around my hips in last 3 weeks.

How is everyone else doing??

Hi everyone. I was sleeved may 21st. Hope everyone's doing well as we move into our third month! My surgery weight was 231 and today I am 204. Not as much as I'd hoped but better than nothing! Today was my very first cheat day as we celebrated my birthday. I had some small tastes of food I haven't had in soooo long, including a glass of wine. I also had a small slice of ice cream cake. I don't feel bad or guilty. I know that tomorrow I'll be back to my normal regimen.

It's been a while since I've heard anything on this topic. Was wondering how you all are doing. Hope things are going well for you all????????????????

Hi there!

I'd love to hear how everyone is doing....we are officially just over the 3 month mark! I am ecstatic with how I feel and how much my body has changed.......however, I can't help but wonder if it should't be more? I have had a complete turn in my life, my marriage is re-ignited and I feel fabulous!

As of this morning, I reached 50 pounds lost. Here is my stats:

Pre op diet 253

Day of surgery 243
Today 203

How are you???? Any lessons learned, big victories, downsides??????

Glad to hear it Scoutmom! I've asked myself that same question about if it should be more. I'm very happy with my progress so far, I think I need to start working out more seriously to see larger strides. So far I've only been walking daily. I need more aerobic and resistance training. My biggest lesson learned is to make sure my first bites are of what I really want most. Protein first always! Water isn't always the easiest to get in. Any advice?

Preop diet : 250

Surgery date : 231

Today 193

Total weight lost: 57lbs

I'm at 57 pounds down also! Just dropped below the 200 line today! Feels good!

Way to go @@NoMoreWeightNJ + @@jbokla!!!

Interesting that we are all so close in the number on the scale. I will say, I have a super difficult time with Water and Protein. If I had been better about those two things I would be at least 5-7 pounds lighter. Each day I try to remember water, water and water.

I finally bought some Quest bars. I get really full on a half bar - but saw a recipe on pinterest where you cut the bars into 6 pieces and bake them for 5 minutes. They become Cookies and it is much easier to get them down!

My NUT really hammed at least 2 Protein Shakes (or bars) a day and water. It really does show results immediately.

People have really started commenting and noticing in the last 2 weeks.

I'm down 52 pounds but had knee surgery a month ago so haven't been able to walk but I'm starting back this week. Never thought I would be out of the 300 and people are starting to notice it I still feel like I'm 330 and should be wearing 4x tops now I can wear some xl it blows my mind

Slow progress for me too. Sleeved 5/26/15

HW 250

SW 232

CW 201-203 depends on the day

GW 125-135

I hold weights for a couple of weeks then lose a few pounds then hold there a couple of weeks again. I get my Protein in but not as good with my Water. Oh well, better slow than not at all ????????

Slow progress for me too. Sleeved 5/26/15

HW 250

SW 232

CW 201-203 depends on the day

GW 125-135

I hold weights for a couple of weeks then lose a few pounds then hold there a couple of weeks again. I get my Protein in but not as good with my Water. Oh well, better slow than not at all ????????

I think 47lbs is great!!! Just keep at it!!! That's only 3 months! So if you lose 47lbs in the next three months you will be on 30 lbs from your goal!!! That's a quick amount of time to lose so much! Look how quick this last three months went!! I think you are doing great, sorry about your slow weeks though, that can be such a mental buster!!!

Hi there!

I'd love to hear how everyone is doing....we are officially just over the 3 month mark! I am ecstatic with how I feel and how much my body has changed.......however, I can't help but wonder if it should't be more? I have had a complete turn in my life, my marriage is re-ignited and I feel fabulous!

As of this morning, I reached 50 pounds lost. Here is my stats:

Pre op diet 253

Day of surgery 243

Today 203

How are you???? Any lessons learned, big victories, downsides??????

I am doing great!!! Was sleeved in May 26th. Three month follow up was on Friday. The surgeon who I saw(not mine.????) told me I have lost 65% of my excess weight and he was saying I was doing good but then corrected himself and said very good. He doesn't give compliments easily, so it was a big booster and made me feel so proud of me! It def. put me into such a great mood and really revitalized my eagerness and excitement about surgery! My NUT also said I am doing great but she says that all the time. Love her!

Have had a couple terrible eating days throughout this journey so far. Both directly related to period week. ( TMI) but I managed to regroup and recover from both. It is very challenging mentally to do that to myself. I need to learn so much still.

I am excited I get to eat salad again, been a long time. Had one on Friday night in fact! It was Fabulous!!!!

Downsides for me have really been mental. I physically feel great! People are forever complimenting me which is so sweet! My brain still needs to catch up to what I am doing!

Hope you all are doing well, feeling well and losing all you expected. Btw I was 255.6 on my first visit with doctor a year ago. SW was 204.7. And CW is 165.4. 90lbs total and almost 40 since surgery! Getting closer to my goal daily/ weekly/ monthly!!

Glad everyone is doing so well. I still struggle to get my Protein and Water in but at least I'm not in as much pain as I was in the beginning!

I haven't done much exercise so I have a lot of flabby/excess skin especially my belly, I could fold it in half lol. Can't seem to lose the weight around my belly and waist. Work in progress I just hope it's just not to late!

Post op diet 274

Day of surgery 252

Cw 197

Total lost 77 pounds although my fitness pal says 63 pounds so confused lol.

I have stalled time and time again and I have had some bad eating habits like crips and salt pop corn so I feel like I should have lost more but I'm still happy with my results. My goal weight is 154 pounds So I've got a long way to! I think I'm a lot bigger than you guys post op so I'm catching up slowly.

Check out the before and after pics topic on post gastric. Very inspiring. We should do our own on here!