Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Call the Bariatrics police!

Sorry guys im 7 weeks out and i drunk some non carbonated Moscato and im fine im sooo freaking tipsy but ok and i only had 2oz lol

You wanted the bariatrics police... And I see you got them!!!! LoL

Sorry guys im 7 weeks out and i drunk some non carbonated Moscato and im fine im sooo freaking tipsy but ok and i only had 2oz lol

You wanted the bariatrics police... And I see you got them!!!! LoL
lol tell me about it ...

Lord people are still not getting it. Having 7 alcoholic drinks 2-4 weeks out of surgery and having a 2oz moscato 2 months out are two different things. This is not an attack on alcohol but rather... You know what I'm tired of repeating myself. Enjoy everyone!

Sorry guys im 7 weeks out and idrunk some non carbonated Moscato and im fine imsooo freaking tipsy but ok and i only had 2oz lol

You wanted the bariatrics police... And I see you got them!!!!
&nbs

p;

LoL

lol tell me about it ...

Well if you build it, they will come.

Forgive me but i'm cracking up at you saying 'Call the bariatric police' in jest and them actually turning up.

Although i realise that it's hard to deal with cravings and social pressures, i do think that there are good chunks of reasoning within the chastising in this thread.

Edited by SoulGlo

The bariatric police were called and they showed up.

The next time you want to drink and post, maybe you should have a designated writer. :)

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

There are occasional posts here that just freak me out.

I can't find the post now, but the one that just floored me was posted by a guy who was about 3-4 months post-op. His big advice to those who, like him, were members of wine-drinking societies went like this:

If you have to drink a couple of bottles of wine at a party, take an anxiety-reducing Rx medication like Xanax or Ativan beforehand. The medication will reduce your stomach's rejection of that much alcohol drunk so soon after surgery.

What the f**k!?

Lol ppl are so judgie it cracks me up i knew they would come for me, everybody's an expect i see, and i only had a few sips wtf!!! Geesh like i said show me someone who has 100% played by the book, i could careless about the finger pointing because when you point a finger at me there's 4 fingers pointing back at cha HA !

There are occasional posts here that just freak me out.

I can't find the post now, but the one that just floored me was posted by a guy who was about 3-4 months post-op. His big advice to those who, like him, were members of wine-drinking societies went like this:

If you have to drink a couple of bottles of wine at a party, take an anxiety-reducing Rx medication like Xanax or Ativan beforehand. The medication will reduce your stomach's rejection of that much alcohol drunk so soon after surgery.

What the f**k!?

yeah that sounds really crazy

@@jackiemc1987 wait fingers are pointing at me to LOL. We just are the few that tell it like it is. We don't type a bunch of BS, while swallowing down a candy bar.

No. Just because you have total disregard for your health, doesn't mean everyone does. Some people really want to succeed at this without self sabotage and excuses.

Okay, does anyone have any information stating that alcohol is dangerous too soon after surgery ? All I can find is "it can impact you differently" in other words you feel it a lot faster and of coarse empty calories and the risk of transfer addiction, but all that aside, I'm looking for actual research showing it is a risk to staple line ect. My surgeon had no stipulations on alcohol following the sleeve and in fact said "it's a liquid" you'll be fine, I had 2 margaritas about a month out. However, I recently had a revision so I'm looking for information in order to make an informed decision this time about if I would want to have a drink next weekend while out of town for the Holiday.

Okay, does anyone have any information stating that alcohol is dangerous too soon after surgery ? All I can find is "it can impact you differently" in other words you feel it a lot faster and of coarse empty calories and the risk of transfer addiction, but all that aside, I'm looking for actual research showing it is a risk to staple line ect. My surgeon had no stipulations on alcohol following the sleeve and in fact said "it's a liquid" you'll be fine, I had 2 margaritas about a month out. However, I recently had a revision so I'm looking for information in order to make an informed decision this time about if I would want to have a drink next weekend while out of town for the Holiday.

I'd like to know if there is any "valid" info on it as well! Instead of just everyone else's useless rude comments! Lol

Why judge someone for being truthful when you could just give them insightful encouragement instead?

I have not drank alcohol, soda, or anything else I wasn't supposed to but Lord knows if I did I wouldn't post it on this board people are way to hypocritical. Lol

I'll ask my nut for real medical examples of why not to drink soda and alcohol and try to post it on here when I can.

My program is very conservative, particularly about alcohol. The transference of addictions was the main concern, as nutritionist, surgeons, psycholologist, and nurses all discussed with me during all stages of this process. I drank maybe a glass of wine a month before surgery, so didn't quite understand what the big deal was. Well after they showed the research during our various meetings...I no longer questioned the importance of being aware of this problem.

Combine the research proven issues of addiction, empty calories, stress on the liver after a major surgery, not to mention my new tummy is so small I really don't want to waste space on alcohol...I choose not to go against my program's rules in regards to alcohol. Just not worth it in my opinion.

But something I've learned on boards...some people rationalize/loosely interpret their programs rules...so my words or the words of way more experienced/successful others is taken offense to or just ignored anyways no matter how much logic is provided. Folks will do what they want to do period.