Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 7 days post op RNY, the last 2 days I have been craving pickle juice. Has anybody had the same experience?

I have been craving some weird things too: eggs, meatballs, beets and asparagus. My guess is I am missing a nutrient found in one of these foods.

I am pre-surgery, but I frequently crave pickle juice. I am also on 2 Water pills a day, so I always figured my body was lacking salt/electrolytes. I was on potassium for years, but then my potassium levels were fine, and my cravings for Pickle Juice went away. It also helped because I was having terrible leg cramps, again, lack of potassium/electrolytes.

Might be worth looking into.

You are not alone!! Right after I was post op I craved pickles and Pickle Juice so bad. I would even dream I was eating pickles. It must be that our bodies are craving the salt. By the time I was done with my puréed diet and could eat a pickle the cravings were gone. Congrats on your surgery and good luck :)

Whew I thought I was alone in this!! I am so excited to see my nut today so I can come home and finally make a tuna, Pickle & Egg White salad. Been craving since hours after my surgery. 3 weeks has been too long lol.

Oh and homemade Meatballs, which I will be making tmrw morning as it takes 5 hrs to cook.

Love me some pickles! Extra dill and all the juices. I get restless legs and eating a couple at bed time helps me. Go figure. Must be the salt. I don't get much salt in any other food. God bless the cucumber and vinegar too.

Early on I was craving really acidic foods so I sucked on Lemons and Limes and drank Lemon juice with a little salt mixed in. Now I eat fruits quite a bit, usually berries which are pretty tart. The major acidic cravings did ease up eventually.

I am so glad I came to this site, I am 9 days in to my 2 week liquid diet and I have been CRAVING pickles and vinegar! Thought I was crazy until I saw there is another thread on here about vinegar cravings and someone posted that someone told them it's Calcium overload. It makes so much sense as I never drink milk and now am having 4 shakes a day! My big question is will I blow my liquid diet if I drink some apple cider vinegar? I could drink a gallon right now lol.

I craved pickles like crazy. I used to suck on them or chew them up and spit them out! Lol

So today I was at Walmart and found Bob's Pickle juice Sport! It is like those Ice Pops and can be frozen or not. It contains 2 oz of just Pickle Juice. Ahhh.... it hit the spot! :) Something about the electrolytes I think...

I am eating pickles now. 1 month out. I like pickles never ate them like I am now. Weird.

I just had my sleeve 7-8-21. I thought it was crazy for me to want Pickle Juice. Well I had an ounce or two an I feel much better. I was nauseous but I’m okay now after sipping the pickle juice. I think I will have an ounce a day.