Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long was your hospital stay?

I think I stayed two nights.

1 night

I had surgery at 9am and was released next day before 9am. Had it done in a surgical center and not a hospital.

2 nights. It was only supposed to be one night, but I reacted badly to anesthesia and they wanted to monitor my heart. I was okay, but immediately after coming off the anesthesia, my heart rate dropped to 35 and didn't come back up right away. I slept for most of the first day because of that. I had to be evaluated by a cardiologist... I mean, they came to take me for the leak test and I was in so much pain but literally fell asleep while drinking the liquid. The radiologist was holding me up to drink it and I momentarily passed out, he was so shocked!!

Once the anesthesia completely wore off on day two, I was fine. I was moving around (slowly!) and walking the halls okay, so the doc said stay one more night and we'll let you go in the morning if all goes well. Everything was good and I was released the next morning.

I'm not sharing my story to scare anyone!! It's impossible to know how your body will react to anesthesia, even when you've had it before. According to my doc, it wasn't even weight related - could have contributed, but that people have reactions like that all the time. The important thing is a fast recovery!

I had surgery at 7am on 12/23/2013. I could have gone home on the 24th, but being Christmas Eve, the nursing staff was farting around and did not feel like processing the paperwork. First shift waited until shift change, then second shift waited until shift change, then the doctor said to just keep me another night. My insurance had pre-approved five nights. I went home mid-day on Christmas Day.

I did not feel like I missed out on the holiday because my daughters have blended and extended families and have several places to Celebrate with different folks. We scheduled our visit with the grandkids for the week-end after New Year's Day. That gave me extra time to recover before having company in the house.

I was sleeved at 8am Wednesday and left Thursday night. I had a reaction different than @@makemyownluck mine sped up. they ran multiple tests to be sure there were not clots.

I spent one night in a surgical center. Two days post-op I returned to have a barium swallow test done and have my drain removed.

I chose to stay 3 nights. I have some allergies and wanted to make sure I was adjusted to the meds before I went home, but I was allowed to leave around 6pm on the 3rd day.

Had surgery Monday morning, went home Wednesday morning. Stayed 2 nights.

Had surgery Monday morning, went home Wednesday morning. Stayed 2 nights.

DITTO....I could not keep liquid down and had lot of nausea....doc did not want for me to dehydrate....

I was sleeved around 2pm on the 13th. I was home by 11am on the 15th. They usually keep people 1 night, but since my surgery got delayed a few hours because the surgeon was running behind, I stayed another night.

2 nights