Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've hit a bit of a wall...

Hey there everyone.

So I am at 23 weeks post op and have lost 22.2kg in 26 weeks (including the pre-op phase). I was going along merrily for a long time and losing weight at a steady pace and I have always been pretty careful about what I eat and the quantities of it, I seem to have hit a bit of a wall. The southern Australian winter is starting to set in thick and fast and the warm and fuzzy food is all that is really appealing to me at the moment. I've posted about this before and was given some wonderful tips on how to maintain the focus when all I really want is comfort food, and was given some great advice from other members (loved yours especially @Bandista). I guess I just want re-assurance that as long as I keep my head in the game, I'll get there in the end. It's keeping my head in the game that is feeling a bit difficult at the moment.

I'm going to change things up a bit and try and go back to basics with my food and maybe do some different exercise other than walking.

Does anyone else have any advice??

I hear you! I've been at a standstill for months. But today I joined a gym and tomorrow I start my first day with a personal trainer. I just wasn't ready to exercise until now. The veterans here swear that exercise makes the difference, and once it becomes a routine, it even becomes enjoyable. I decided it was time. I want to get to goal weight and I'm fifty pounds away from that.

I did recently add walking stairs at work, and giving up a few food and drink indulgences that were doing me no favors.

@@Miss Meg I would agree with others that adding exercise in makes a difference! I walk to school almost every day to pick up my youngest son. When I got started doing that, I tried to throw in an extra mile or just take a walk around the block. But about 2 months ago I joined a gym and worked out with a private trainer. I still have to fight the "only" demon- I've ONLY lost 35 pounds, etc. - but working my body has shaped it in ways that I am surprised by. Even when I step on the scale and it barely moves, I flex my calves and am like 'holy sh!t - they're like rocks!' That helped with the mind motivation.

But you aren't alone - I am in Dallas and it is hot and muggy already! And all I still want is comfort food, lol.

If you eat fewer calories than you burn, the body has no choice but to burn stored energy - fat. These stalls can be so frustrating but just keep going! The pounds will go,

I get round the cold weather comfort foods by always having a very, very thick Soup in the freezer. The sort you couldn't drink, have to spoon! I make veg Soup, or pea soup or whatever and freeze it in microwaveable tubs in single portion sizes. Then when I need that " thick" warm food feeling. I have one. Warm, filling, not too high cal.

I agree winter food tastes much better but as Kate said Soups are the way to go I love Tomato Soup with a can of tuna added to it for Protein.< /p>

Thanks for all your tips and it's nice to know that most of us feel the same way at some point :)

How ya doing miss Meg? Are you exercising? :-) I have been in a stall for Everrrrrr! Hit One Lander and can't get away from 199 I am trying to walk some and do a little upper body resistance strengthening, but frankly, I have been finding other things to do. So, it's my own fault I guess. My food intake is right, I just need the activity, and movement.