Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day 19 post op and I am definitely not getting in all my Protein. I was having trouble with my Water but my NUT said I could drink unsweetened iced tea with lemon so I'm able to get my liquids in. I am also getting all my Vitamins in and walking just under 2 miles a day. It is definitely a fight to eat, I am full very easily. Good luck, hoping it gets easier.

Edited by momfromjersey22

Day 16 and I'm just over it !! I just want to be able to go out with my family for Mother's Day tomorrow. I know it's not true but right now I feel like I will never be "normal" again. I can't even think about food, I kind of hate everything :( This is my 3rd surgery and by far the hardest !!

You have to learn YOUR new "normal" it takes time and A LOT of dicipline! There will be a lot of boredom in the beginning stages, but it does get easier and eventually you figure things out. It is not easy going through it but it is definitely worth it.

The only consolation is that the veterans say this phase will past and we will get through it. And so many of us being in the same boat, means this is all normal and part of the process. Staying as optimistic as I can.

For the first 6 to 8 weeks your insides are swollen making it harder to eat. The reality is, you don't really need to push the food, just make sure you are staying hydrated and drinking as much Protein as possible.

You need the Protein to heal and you will get sick if you don't stay hydrated.

Your body does not actually need food right now but it will when the swelling goes down. I promise, this will get better and you will return to a new normal.

Keep your eye on the prize! Sometimes I wish I could have my first 8 to 12 weeks back so I could refresh.

I'm nearly 3 months out and I can tell you it gets a lot better! About month 2 I hit a new norm and generally I feel amazing and forget at times (other than counting Protein and watching my water) that I have the sleeve.

I'm nearly 3 months out and I can tell you it gets a lot better! About month 2 I hit a new norm and generally I feel amazing and forget at times (other than counting Protein and watching my water) that I have the sleeve.

Yeah I felt that way too with the sleeve, the bypass is different. I'm scared to death of every food out there because I don't know what may or may not make me dump or just have serious stomach pains. I'm scared to death to eat anything away from home. Good thing you all say food isn't important because I can't stand to think about it. Drinking is he hardest though, like a job I have to make myself do. I know I'm being whiny today and having my own pitty party but I just feel like today everything sucks. I'm still trying to get over the pneumonia and the UTI and I think the antibiotics are making me feel worse as far as appetite and upset stomach.

My heart completely breaks for you all of you really going through what she's going through. There's not one person who's had the gastric bypass that will tell you this is not normal. I am almost 6 months out and down 100 pounds and I still cannot say I have no regrets. But what I can say is I was taking 11 pills a day and now I take none. I can say that I dropped eight sizes and I can walk anywhere and I can fit in a booth and my health has drastically improved. I know it's hard right now but you have to focus on the reason why you had surgery. Instead of focusing on how you feel right this very second because I tell you the truth three months from now you will feel differently. And you think three months is going to take forever I tell you the truth when I say that I feel like I just had my surgery this morning and I'm already six months out that's how fast time flies. Continue to vent continue to acknowledge what ever you're feeling when you're feeling it that's healthy that's what this forum is for. But I promise that this is temporary you will get through this.

My heart completely breaks for you all of you really going through what she's going through. There's not one person who's had the gastric bypass that will tell you this is not normal. I am almost 6 months out and down 100 pounds and I still cannot say I have no regrets. But what I can say is I was taking 11 pills a day and now I take none. I can say that I dropped eight sizes and I can walk anywhere and I can fit in a booth and my health has drastically improved. I know it's hard right now but you have to focus on the reason why you had surgery. Instead of focusing on how you feel right this very second because I tell you the truth three months from now you will feel differently. And you think three months is going to take forever I tell you the truth when I say that I feel like I just had my surgery this morning and I'm already six months out that's how fast time flies. Continue to vent continue to acknowledge what ever you're feeling when you're feeling it that's healthy that's what this forum is for. But I promise that this is temporary you will get through this.

Thank you !! This is the kind of thing I know I for one need to hear ! My hubby tries hard and he is great but he really has no idea what I'm going through and he doesn't know what to do when I'm crying my eyes out that Iv ruined my life. I'm trying hard but today has been a bad day, everything I try to eat upsets my tummy for some reason.

I am 1 month post op and I am so unhappy .. I hate having to eat.. it's a chore.. I never get my Protein in or my Water intake.. let alone my vitamins... Everyday I say this is a new day try.. but I always feel full ..when I do eat .. I feel blah.. no matter what I eat.. I try to follow my plan to the T.. and I've only lost 18 lbs since surgery day.. I don't have energy ever.. I started walking more.. nothing crazy about a mile a day.. I knew this was going to be hard but I am on such a funk.. idk how to get myself out!!! HELP!!!

I'm having a lot of the same issues. Fluids, Protein, Vitamins & food. It's one hellova struggle.

Today my pouch is angry and I've drank prolly too fast because it was hot out and I worked outside and now I can't stop foaming n puking.

5 hours later I'm still miserable.

Hang in there miss lady.

You will envy these early days !!!! Just hope you don't get into chips and real milk shakes and show -0- weight loss 12 months from now. Your capacity will increase, don't push it too fast or your capacity will increase fast as well as your inability to lose weight, patience :)

Tomorrow I am on week 5. I read a post somewhere that said to dink 8 oz of Water first in the day before trying to eat anything. Then wait 30 minutes and try some food. For the most part, this has served me well. Some days are just tough though. Hope this helps.

I love Water, but maybe it's because I use a Pur Water filter on my kitchen tap.

Any way you can get water in you is better than nothing. SF popsicles, SF Jello, broth, herbal tea, and don't forget the no calorie water drops, that flavor your water. There are some great flavors out there. My favorite is Walmart brand Raspberry Black Tea. It all counts as fluids. Don't discount those liquids. Of course I'm only speaking pre-op, I don't know how hard it will be after surgery for me.

But right now, I love water and I get in over 100 ounces daily, but my belly is as big as Texas right now. LOL That won't be the case after surgery. I'm guessing I'll have to nearly be continuously sipping on water. lol

Good luck with getting that water and Protein in! You can do it!!! I bet you'll feel better too, when you're getting in the right nutrition. There is just plain Protein Powder you can mix in anything, to boost your Protein intake. Just a thought. :) Again I hope it gets better for you, Aspring.

Thank you !! This is the kind of thing I know I for one need to hear ! My hubby tries hard and he is great but he really has no idea what I'm going through and he doesn't know what to do when I'm crying my eyes out that Iv ruined my life. I'm trying hard but today has been a bad day, everything I try to eat upsets my tummy for some reason.

I'm still fearful of food. I'm getting better though. You will have good days and you will have great days. You will have not so good and great days. But isn't that life in itself? You didn't ruin your life. You did what you had to in order to save it. Cut hubby some slack. I'm glad he's trying to help. Just grab his face through your tears, kiss him, then politely calmly tell him to shut up and hold you lol you will do great.

I am 8 weeks post op with vsg. Sw244 cw205 I have been having a time with eating as well. Feels like a rock sitting in my stomach. Feel like I have a kidney infection again, I have been drinking to what I think is alot. Ideas on foods for 8weeks out that digest easy?

Edited by asidle82