Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 1 month post op and I am so unhappy .. I hate having to eat.. it's a chore.. I never get my Protein in or my Water intake.. let alone my vitamins... Everyday I say this is a new day try.. but I always feel full ..when I do eat .. I feel blah.. no matter what I eat.. I try to follow my plan to the T.. and I've only lost 18 lbs since surgery day.. I don't have energy ever.. I started walking more.. nothing crazy about a mile a day.. I knew this was going to be hard but I am on such a funk.. idk how to get myself out!!! HELP!!!

I am 6 weeks out today and until just a few days ago I felt the exact same way. It does get better. I'm still struggling with Protein and water....but seem to be adding a few more ounces every day. Keep your chin up and your eye on the prize.

I had my surgery 4-8 and I feel the EXACT SAME WAY..... I can't get my Vitamins in I can barely eat and when I do I have to recover from that....They say get your vitamins in her your Protein in AND IT'S LIKE HA HA how the heck and on top of that I have the h pylori virus which means antibiotics 3 pills 4 times a day SO THAT IS WHAT I EAT ALL DAY LONG

I had my surgery 4-8 and I feel the EXACT SAME WAY..... I can't get my Vitamins in I can barely eat and when I do I have to recover from that....They say get your vitamins in her your Protein in AND IT'S LIKE HA HA how the heck and on top of that I have the h pylori virus which means antibiotics 3 pills 4 times a day SO THAT IS WHAT I EAT ALL DAY LONG

I had surgery the same day.. at first when I was on a liquid diet right after surgery it was so easy.. but once I introduced food.. it all went down hill from there

Yeah its pretty sad but we have to hang in there I have seen a lot of post about how it will get better so I'm hanging in there WE GOT THIS LOL

I am in my 4th week and feel exactly the same! In the same boat. Just feel blah, not worth eating the 2 oz pureed foods. Hating the Protein Shake because they r too sweet. So today I poured half premeir Protein shake and half cold Water in a sippy cup and drank that most of the day. Th e first time I got 11 oz of protein shake in. really cut down the sweetness. No weight loss in 4 days and can't understand why, only getting in 300 cals at most! I am hoping this is the worst of it. This too shall pass. Really No choice in the matter.

I had surgery 3/9 and get all my Protein, Water, Vitamins, etc. it takes about 6 weeks. Hang in there!!

Focus on fluids first, then Protein and Vitamins ! I'm 12 days out and was in the ER yesterday with severe dehydration a UTI and double pneumonia. Just being hydrated made a huge difference for me today ! Seriously changed everything !

I'm at month 9 and still don't get all the Water and Protein in. Forget to eat most of the time and drinking water really is hardest thing ever! Just not a drinker. But try my best. Did finally started getting more protein when the Hair loss started! Probably get 60g a day

It does get better! It really does.

Hi, I'm new here! I had the gastric bypass on 04/24/14. I'm just finishing my second week. I have days that I feel good, and days like today that no matter what I drink I feel nauseous. I take all my Vitamins, and drink 48-64 ounces of Water daily. My problem is they took me off my blood pressure medication and I'm retaining Fluid. Today I have an appointment with my primary care to put me on a new blood pressure medication that helps with retaining fluid. My blood pressure was 163/102 yesterday. I have only lost 2lbs since the surgery and yes it's frustrating but overall I know the big picture will be success!

Hi, I'm new here! I had the gastric bypass on 04/24/14. I'm just finishing my second week. I have days that I feel good, and days like today that no matter what I drink I feel nauseous. I take all my Vitamins, and drink 48-64 ounces of Water daily. My problem is they took me off my blood pressure medication and I'm retaining Fluid. Today I have an appointment with my primary care to put me on a new blood pressure medication that helps with retaining Fluid. My blood pressure was 163/102 yesterday. I have only lost 2lbs since the surgery and yes it's frustrating but overall I know the big picture will be success!

Hang in there! I had mini bypass 4/23 I'm just now starting to feel good again. I split my Vitamins up between morning and night so I'm not taking them all at once, maybe try that to help with the nauseous feeling? Also, my weight loss has been really slow too, it sounds like you know why but also, just this morning i was down 5 lbs from yesterday so don't be surprised if it kicks in quickly. I think I needed to get hydrated and start adding a little bit of calories for mine to start up. My body didn't take well to Clear liquids at all !

I'm always surprised by the variety of recommendations from different Drs. My first two weeks post op was broth, Jello and Water. Two full weeks; then to solid food as tolerated. Barely ate any food. Don't recall when I started Vitamins (2003; rny). Don't worry so much about the food. Drink, maybe some Isopure for Protein. But like my Dr. said, we have plenty of excess calories to use up for the first few months. Be happy you don't feel like eating. "Make hay while the sun shines!!". Trust me, you'll eat more than you want to later. Good luck.

I can tell you it does get better!!! You've probably still got swelling and it is taking up extra space and you just aren't as hungry. Once the swelling subsides you will have a bit of an appetite. Hang in there!!