Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow and freaking out! !

So my day is finally here tomorrow and I am completely starting to freak out.I have been keeping myself busy all day and the later it gets the worse im getting. My family feels the need to start asking questions about the complications and the post op eating and a million other things and its really making me second guess myself like maybe I should try one more time before doing something so drastic and am I ready for the pain n nausea n not being able to eat or drink. Not to mention I am on Clear Liquids and I am starving lol.I just need to know I am doing the right thing I read all these posts about not losing after and the surgery being a waste. I pray thats nit what happens to me . I am just a mess right now I almost called and cancelled. I pray I can stay focused and get through this.

Please try and take a deep breath and relax. If you pray or meditate, now is the time to do so.There are fair more people who have little to no problems than there are people who have complications. It's just the complication folks are more vocal. I mean, how many ways can you say "I was fine, it was easy."?

I can only speak for myself. This absolutely was the right decision. I should have done it 100lbs ago. I was morbidly obese when I was sleeved and have a very long way to go to even being close to a normal BMI. I had zero pain, no gas, nausea or any other issue. I was walking in recovery and did not need and pain meds while in the hospital or once discharged. I have shown a loss every time I go to the doctor. I am nearly 8 mths out and currently weigh myself at home. I only weigh once a month and I am still showing a loss every time I step on the scale. Yes my firs weigh in at 2 weeks was a big loss, but the other have been more moderate, between 6-15lbs. I am perfectly fine with that as long as the scale continues to go in the right direction.

You will be fine. Tell yourself that and then fine some time to be alone and clear your thoughts.

Thanks for the info Joann!

Full liquids are generally anything you can suck through a straw. I ate a lot of pureed bean Soups, pureed split pea Soup, pureed cream of potato/mushroom/celery, etc. Just thin them with some milk and blend them smooth. They'll stop the growly belly and make you feel like you actually ate something!

Peanut Butter and ice blended with chocolate carnation instant Breakfast is yummy and filling too! You'll make it through...it won't be too much longer!

thank you so much it really helps to hear things from other people that have been through it already

Hi I hope you are having a goodnight sleep. You will be fine as your name states New beginning . This the journey we are now on. There are a lot of people on this site that can help you stay on the right path I am now about 7 1/2 weeks out and I have lost around 30lbs. Its a long journey but in the end I know it will be worth it.

Will say a prayer for you tonight see you on the other side :D You can do it wait WE CAN DO IT!!

Hi I hope you are having a goodnight sleep. You will be fine as your name states New beginning . This the journey we are now on. There are a lot of people on this site that can help you stay on the right path I am now about 7 1/2 weeks out and I have lost around 30lbs. Its a long journey but in the end I know it will be worth it.

Will say a prayer for you tonight see you on the other side :D You can do it wait WE CAN DO IT!!

thank you. I didn't get much sleep last night. I am heading to the hospital now. My family tried talking me out of it before I left but I am still going. I wish I was already done with it all. Yes we can do it.It's a little harder to say being on this side for now .My sister told me today its not worth it but i am hoping she is wrong

Just seeing this- I had mine done last Tuesday- 5/5, and felt exactly the same as you. We don't go into this surgery without a lot of thoughtful consideration, and I'm hoping you came through knowing you made the right decision for you. Family always want to interject, and not always in the right way. The first 36 hours were really hard for me, but today was a good day, and tomorrow will be even better. Best wishes to you!

Just seeing this- I had mine done last Tuesday- 5/5, and felt exactly the same as you. We don't go into this surgery without a lot of thoughtful consideration, and I'm hoping you came through knowing you made the right decision for you. Family always want to interject, and not always in the right way. The first 36 hours were really hard for me, but today was a good day, and tomorrow will be even better. Best wishes to you!

thank you. First day n a half really sucked with pain and nausea today im going home finally and i feel almost normal just tired.

I'm with you- it's my day 3, and gas pain is better, but really struggling with getting enough fluids and Protein. Who'd have ever guessed it'd be so hard to get calories? Hope you are doing better!

I'm with you- it's my day 3, and gas pain is better, but really struggling with getting enough fluids and Protein. Who'd have ever guessed it'd be so hard to get calories? Hope you are doing better!

me too I'm so worried about getting dehydrated that im trying to keep up on the fluids Isopure goes down easy but the Water really hurts my tummy.I still can't believe its over.seems like a dream also been running low grade temp doc said we will just keep an eye on it

Goodluck Having the sleeve was the best thing I ever did for myself It will be two years on June 27th and j am down a little over 100 pounds

me too I'm so worried about getting dehydrated that im trying to keep up on the fluids Isopure goes down easy but the Water really hurts my tummy.I still can't believe its over.seems like a dream also been running low grade temp doc said we will just keep an eye on it
how are you feeling are you able to get in all your fluids yet.im struggling

Quick quick panic! panic! Just kidding.. your going to be REALLY happy and start a new life! Everytime you get scared just think about how wonderful it will be in a year.

@@newbeginning77 I'm doing much better- the Isopure has been key for me though- I can get fluids and Protein at the same time, even though the Isopure is getting harder to get down (tastes nasty). How are you doing?