Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@KingMoose lmao, I was so the same way! All my friends couldn't understand how I was sweating, outside in Alaska in minus degree weather! Heck, I still can't believe it. It's nice be semi normal (although yes, colder then usual).

@@*Lexie* I'm so glad this thread could help u. It's definetly helping me. My momma asked me a good question "would I have lost this much weight if I didn't have the surgery". Truth is no, I wouldn't have. At least not in this amount of time. So no matter how much I wish I would lose more. I'm very greatful to this amazing tool.

Thank you for the suggestion of the book, I will look into that. Is there a specific book of the series you would suggest?

I think the first one I read was http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Free-Emotional-Eating-Geneen/dp/0452284910/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431524689&sr=8-1&keywords=geneen+roth+books Several others were good as well, and there is a workbook I also have, which I have not finished, but walks you through thinking about how you relate to food and other relationships. My library has most of her books.

You go, girl!

One day at a time.

Day after day.

Week after week.

Month after month.

Year after year.

Sounds awful.

But mostly really, really wonderful. :)

@@VSGAnn2014 I need to post this in front of my treadmill. :)

Our doctor told my sister to go back to the basics....clear Soups and Protein shakes. He says it helps you get back on track. Good luck...and don't give up!

Ok i have to confess, I'm 8mo post op and I've completely and utterly fallen off the food wagon. I wont even go into details of how badly I've fallen off. I don't think i even have a good excuse. I got frustrated with how slow I've lost, felt like it was impossible to get over this hump (I'm at 278, which is about the weight I've been most of my life) and already felt like a failure so i gave up.

A lil background info... I've been fat my entire life. i can honestly say i dont ever remember being under 250 (even at age 11). Most of my adult life I was about 260-270. About 3 years ago i ballooned up 100lbs. With this surgery I lost most of that, but i put on a pair of my old "fat pants" (size 26 from when I was this weight) and they fit snugly.... What the heck size did i wear pre-op?? It all just felt useless, like i would never get smaller then this.

No I'm not looking for someone to make me feel better, nor am i looking to be reamed up the butt (I'm quite capable of giving myself a stellar guilt trip thanks), I just needed to confess my stupidity so i didn't pretend it didn't happen.

I'm hoping that putting it out there will force me to be accountable for how i change things.

Has anyone else failed and been able to pick yourself back up?

Honestly, every single meal is a chance to start over. I'm about to be 7 months post op but this entire time, I've had my days where I've just eaten like a disgusting pig. Hardly any Protein and nothing but crap. Don't feel bad. We're not perfect and we wouldn't have gotten this way if we didn't have problem w/ food. Just pick yourself back up. weight lost, is weight lost, so stop looking behind you!

You have the power to get back on the horse! Start out with your pre op diet. Two Protein Shakes a day and use a kitchen scale to weigh 4 oz of Protein for your third meal. No Snacks, no carbs, no sugar, no fruit, no vegetables, no dairy. Reset your body for at least two weeks then start with the week two diet plan of weighing 4 oz of protein three times a day. Still no carbs, no dairy, no fruit, no vegetables. Do that for two weeks then start incorporating 1/2 C low carb vegetables ONCE a day for two weeks. Still no fruit, no carbs, no dairy, and NO SNACKS. Three Bariatric Vitamins a day during the entire time. Walk daily for 30 minutes. You can do this and you will feel much better about yourself. You have lots of support here and we want you to succeed!

I'm also 8 months out, I think I recall seeing you on the forums early on when I was here pre-op.

I'm sad to hear that you think you are a failure or have given up, I've also been a slow loser compared to some (80lbs down) but you have to keep going!..Everyday is a struggle to not eat what we want, to not over eat, to go to the gym, to fight for our lives and the body we want. But it's a something worth fighting for!

I have day's where I fail, there's day's where I skip the gym, eat too much and you know what I do?

GET UP AND TRY AGAIN!

Keep your head up and get back to basics.

Believe in yourself, You got this :)

@MyNewLife28 Thats so funny, I've never met anyone else who has an adversion to sweating!! My mom teases me that I have a fear of sweat. I actually think she's right. I HATE it. Not the exercise, just the sweating. And those stares you get from people when your sweating.

For me walking and hiking will have to be my fun activity. Thankfully summer in alaska is great for both.

I have hyperhidrosis which is excess sweating so I'm more aware of it and always sweet more than the average person. It sucks. I've let it control so much of my life. I'm kinda hoping I'll be like a lot if the people and be chilly after surgery. I'd like to see how the other side lives ;)

You are going to be in for a big surprise! Like the few of you that have expressed the hatred of sweating, I feel every word you speak of,lol. I had my surgery on April 13, 2015, and Ican tell you I don't feel hot like I use to and its surprising to me, I want to embrace it but afraid the heat will come back, ha ha ha.

I thank you all for the words of encouragement to workout, to find something that you like to do. I need to get started on a regular regimen. GLA

@MyNewLife28 Thats so funny, I've never met anyone else who has an adversion to sweating!! My mom teases me that I have a fear of sweat. I actually think she's right. I HATE it. Not the exercise, just the sweating. And those stares you get from people when your sweating.

For me walking and hiking will have to be my fun activity. Thankfully summer in alaska is great for both.

I have hyperhidrosis which is excess sweating so I'm more aware of it and always sweet more than the average person. It sucks. I've let it control so much of my life. I'm kinda hoping I'll be like a lot if the people and be chilly after surgery. I'd like to see how the other side lives ;)
You are going to be in for a big surprise! Like the few of you that have expressed the hatred of sweating, I feel every word you speak of,lol. I had my surgery on April 13, 2015, and Ican tell you I don't feel hot like I use to and its surprising to me, I want to embrace it but afraid the heat will come back, ha ha ha.

I thank you all for the words of encouragement to workout, to find something that you like to do. I need to get started on a regular regimen. GLA

I sure hope it is that way for me!!!!!! Surgery is tomorrow for me... Eeek!!

I sure hope it is that way for me!!!!!! Surgery is tomorrow for me... Eeek!!

Congrats on surgery day, I will pray you have a speedy recovery! God Bless.

It's interesting to read your post. I was 240 when I started preparing for surgery. I was so done overeating. Done thinking about food and letting it be what I used to Celebrate the end of the week or whatever it is I thought I had survived. It wasn't my reward if it was making me miserable and unhealthy and most definitely defeated. I was 220 on surgery day and today 17 months later I'm 186. I've gotten down to 174. I've struggled since Easter to get back on my wagon. Sugar is like heroine. Talking my self out of eating it is like battle. It can't be in my house and I have to keep syntax nectar and yogurt close to help curb cravings. I was about 185 most of my life. I wonder if my body likes a set weight of 185? I don't even have to eat that much to gain. I am not accepting the idea of my body liking a set weight. It's hard now but way easier than it was before. I am happy. My surgeon is happy but I told him I know I could get down to 160. I could step it up. So I'm working on it. Thanks for writing your post. :)

@drmeow – Yes I’ve done quite a bit of soul searching and have come up with a few reasons to my weight issues. Started when I was very young. The genes in my family are actually to be extremely skinny, but I have CVID (an immune deficiency) that makes me sick a lot. When I was an infant I would get seizures when I got over heated/a fever. This made my mom switch my time schedule so I lived at night and slept during the day (can’t be very active at night), and then a particularly bad seizure had the doctors convincing my mom to put me on a medication. This medication, while saved my life, slowed me down and increased my appetite. Since I was living at night, food became an activity. Then things turned emotional. I had gained a little weight and got teased by peers and siblings. That’s when I started eating for comfort (which ended up being compounded by many hard times and abuse). Somewhere along the way (probably about the time I started getting sick a lot) I started eating for energy, that’s my worse habit, I get sick, have no energy, and to make it through my many obligations I grab a high carb snack for a quick lift. And because im sick, I don’t have the energy to exercise it off. Now all that compounded by the fact that I have PCOS, and an extreamly stressfull life (wont go into it) and its no wonder im overweight lol. I am working on all this though. I realize that it wont all be fixed right away, or even within a year. Im well aware that its an ongoing progress, I just keep sliping .

Thank you for the suggestion of the book, I will look into that. Is there a specific book of the series you would suggest?

One think I would suggest is finding a new treat for infusion days. Sometimes it is less of a struggle to replace a habit than to just eliminate it. Either a non-food reward (manicure, new lipstick), or a reward that fits in your plan (I have Muscle Milk "Cookies and Cream" and make a milkshake as a treat).

Honestly, every single meal is a chance to start over. I'm about to be 7 months post op but this entire time, I've had my days where I've just eaten like a disgusting pig. Hardly any Protein and nothing but crap. Don't feel bad. We're not perfect and we wouldn't have gotten this way if we didn't have problem w/ food. Just pick yourself back up. weight lost, is weight lost, so stop looking behind you!

Thanks so much, its really nice to not feel alone. Your absolutely right, i love the advice to stop looking behind me. I think i get so caught up in having screwed up that i forget that i have the power to change. OK, looking forward NOW!