Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm from Manhattan... Lost 60 pounds so far and am 3 months out. I wouldn't mind having some new friends that are going through the same as me =]

I was also sleeved by Dr. Bagloo, and agree with atontor, she is the best, and so are the staff there. I lost 105lbs in total, in less than a year. So happy with my decision.

Good luck everyone ;)

Good Morning, I am in the begining of the 6- month pre op stage for a gastric Sleeve at Montefiore Hospital in the bronx. I am excited but at the same time a bit worried. I joined the forum to talk to others and ease fears and begin to form a support network. Would love to hear some tips and advice on the procedure.

hey just wanted to know how is it going so far i am also gettn mine done at montefiore i started my pre -opt the ending of june ????
Hi yall! I'm a band to bypass patient and finally submitted all my paperwork for approval a week ago. My nerves are shot! I'm also having my surgery done at monte. My surgeon is Dr. Choi. Who is yours? She's possibly THE nicest surgeon there. She did my band with no problems 4 yrs ago.

Hey guys, I finished my testing hopefully they accept my doctors visits as replacements for the counseling. I will find out on the 21st. Crosses fingers. Dr. Choi is great btw. She knows her stuff. She will be the surgeon for myself and my mother so I hope we both get cleared soon.

Hey guys, I finished my testing hopefully they accept my doctors visits as replacements for the counseling. I will find out on the 21st. Crosses fingers. Dr. Choi is great btw. She knows her stuff. She will be the surgeon for myself and my mother so I hope we both get cleared soon.

Good luck to the both of you!

Hi I am new to this forum and recently had my surgery on August 24th in Nassau. I have been reading a lot of how much weight people have lost in the first month and I feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong because I only lost 14lbs my first month. Did anyone else have such a slow weight loss? Also can anyone tell me what you ate for the soft phase and how the transition to regular food was. Thanks

I had it done at NSLIJ Syosset Hospital.

The overall experience was a lot to handle for me. I had to stay 2 days in the hospital because i was having a lot of pain. The pain was from all the air they put inside you and I just couldn't release it and that hurt more than anything. After about a week I was already back at work but I have a desk job so it was easy. The pain from incisions was bearable its just the air that gets inside you that hurt the most for me. It's been 4 weeks for me and i am officially 100% back to normal.

Are u happy with the sleeve, how are U tolerating eating? Sorry for all of the questions just trying to get a feel for things I hope I'm not bothering u.

No bother at all. I am happy with the sleeve now. In the beginning i had my moments where i said why did I do this and is it worth it but after the pain and everything subsided I am glad now about my decision.I am tolerating food very well actually. I feel as if i am ready to move on to solid foods but my dr said to wait for 6 weeks post so its only been 4. I definitely don't eat a lot anymore and I recently started to feel a little bit hungry here and there but not like it used to be.

Awesome I'm glad ur doing well! I'm going thru all of the testing so maybe before the holidays but who knows. I'd like to keep in touch my cell is 516-708-7148.

Hi. Everyone loses weight differently. I ate purée foods for 2 weeks ( I puréed Beans and chicken to get all my protein) and then the dr changed to soft good I ate boiled egg whites. Apple sauce, soft chicken, ground chicken. Chili.

I'm 16 weeks post op and I'm down 95 lbs since surgery and 110 since my pre op diet.