Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone I'm about 1 week post op and having the horrible head hunger. It's awful. wondering how some of you deal with it? - Julia

Hi Julia,

I'm from Long Island. My surgery was April 15th. Some complications but I'm recovering and back to work full time. I'm looking for a buddy to chat and possibly walk with.

Lisa

Good Morning, I am in the begining of the 6- month pre op stage for a gastric Sleeve at Montefiore Hospital in the bronx. I am excited but at the same time a bit worried. I joined the forum to talk to others and ease fears and begin to form a support network. Would love to hear some tips and advice on the procedure.

Hi!

I'm 8 days post op,...... Protein, protien, protien. I've been drinking the Isopure (passion fruit) I think it's called, and I feel great so long as I have enough protien. When I start getting creative and think I don't need the isopure, I start getting food ideas, which usually don't work out so well... Good luck!

I'm thirteen days post op Premier Protein has the best taste in my opinion and 30 grams of Protein they sell it in BJ's so two a day is my minimum 60grams. Not seeing much of a loss on the scale but hoping that will pass soon. Still on full liquids and surgeon says stay on as long as possible. Thankfully not hungry. I hope I see results soon. Lost about 35lbs prior to surgery. And only about 4lbs since. I live on Nassau county Long Island.

Hi All, it would be awesome if long island sleevers, and others interest in driving to long island could find a way to form a a support group, via Facebook, or other venue, and possibly meet every couple of months to motivate one another. Any ideas?

Hello all,

My surgery was April 15. I live in Nassau county and I am looking for a support group besides the meetings at south Nassau county communities hospital. I'm also interested in finding walking partners who are available after work. (7pm?)

Email me at smilesweet@aol.com

Lisa

Hi all. I am pre-op, scheduled for Aug 14th. I am from Suffolk County.

There are support group meetings the first Tuesday evening of every month at 7 pm at South Nassau Communities Hospital. They are extremely informative and very important to go to.