Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You are doing very well! I go to see the surgeon on 11th August and I will be asking him if I can start to go to the gym. Its marvellous that you are in the 16s instead of the 20s! I am feeling good too, I still get a bit tired in the afternoon but apart from that I am just so glad that I had this op. I look forward to being on my holidays in Cyprus in September, as last time I was there all I could do was think about the op and getting OH on side. I will enjoy myself this time, knowing that it all done.

Totally know where you are coming from about getting back on track after holidays, so easy to go mad on hols and then say oh Ive blown it and never get back.

Well done you!

PS Kate UK was thinking that sometime in the future we might be able to get together ... Im in how about you?

11 weeks since surgery today, 13 weeks since I started pre op and I've hit 50lbs lost!

It's been a difficult few weeks as my best friends mum died very suddenly and unexpectedly. I've seen the return of a little emotional eating, and in turn that's led to some carb cravings. I'm working to control it.

I've booked to start with a personal trainer. I start 14 September, my daughter starts school the week before so the timing will work. I'm looking forward to it and hoping it will start to help tone me up as well as help continue weight loss.

My calories have hit 1100 a day a few times, mainly on days when I've eaten something I wish I hadn't. I'm being sure to get my Protein and Water, it's just my carbs have been a bit higher.

I fear the hair loss has started. I've been taking Biotin since before surgery, and do have lots of baby hairs so that's something at least.

I've also just purchased a garmin step tracker to try and help me focus on increasing my activity level.

Anyway...feeling pleased and proud to be 50lbs lighter ????

Very well done on making that 50lbs! That's just brilliant. You must be so pleased with that result. I go to see the consultant today ( changed appointment from Tuesday) and I will be proud to tell him that since the Monday before my op I have lost 28lb. Its 4 weeks today since the op and I cant believe how well I feel.

Think the personal trainer is a great idea. When I have lost 50lb I might look into that one. I wear a fit band and I am manly doing 12ooo plus steps a day now. Poor dog is getting fed up. I will have to get some Biotin did you get it online or Boots.

Im still quite low on the calories but I will be asking Surgeon today about increasing. I use the app my fitness pal to track all I eat and it sychs with the fit bit so that's good.

Keep up the good work you are doing so well!

Chris

So I'm sat writing this update whilst having a coffee, with my legs crossed :-) these nsv's really are just as satisfying as the scale victories:-)

Speaking of which, 12 weeks today and another 4lbs off! Wasn't expecting that this week as it was my best friend's mums funeral this week so we all had a few drinks, I stuck to low cal/carb and non fizzy but it was still alcohol, and I slackened the reins a bit on food that day too, but got straight back to it the next day and it seems that helped damage limitation :-)

Incidentally, the alcohol went down fine, I took it easy and drank Water too. I'm not much of a drinker but it's nice to know if there's an occasion I do want a drink it won't be a big problem.

hair loss is in full swing :-( trying not to freak out but it's not easy! I've been here before when I did a vlcd and I didn't go completely bald so I'm hoping this time I don't either! And hoping it passes quick but time will tell. Already thinking about cutting my hair off into a short bob. I wear my hair up all the time as it makes me hot if I leave it down, but as I lose weight that's less of a problem so I think by the end of the summer I'll cut it off.

One thing that has happened this week is I've started catching sight of my reflection, and liking what I see :-) I've always been very aware of how big I am (was!!) but I tried to dress well and take care of my appearance, and in some ways I think that led to me have a vision of myself in my head that wasn't quite accurate, so if I saw my reflection I'd be bit shocked/disappointed/disgusted by how large I was! Now I think I've reached the point where my vision in my head matches reality, so yes I'm still big (I'm still bigger than where some people are before surgery!) but body and mind are in sync! What's going to be interesting is how that works as I lose more weight. I just can't imagine myself slim so I imagine as my reflection continues to shrink I'll get back to being surprised by what I see...but in a good way!!

Loose skin is starting to show. I was resigned to that from the outset though, and plan to get surgery to fix it when the time is right. My only real concern is my calf's as the skin there is starting to appear a bit loose and that's not an area easy to fix or to his unless I live the rest of my life in trousers!

@@chrisredjeep I got Biotin from Amazon, take 10,000mg a day and I do have lots of baby hairs so it's worth a try! Sounds like you are doing really well, well done! I bet your surgeon was pleased. You are doing a lot of steps! I am getting a Garmin vivofit today actually to try and encourage me to up my steps. I've signed up for my personal training to start 1 sept, I'm looking forward to it!

You are flying! I will be ordering that Biotin, my hair is thin at the best of times so want to keep it. The surgeon was very pleased with me and was happy for me to eat a bit more, Im not really that hungry as yet, but I do eat my three meals a day plus 2 Snacks.< /p>

Pleased for you that you are looking at your reflection and being happily surprised. I bought a maxi dress in M and S last week ready for hols and I though well if it fits that's fine if not I can take it back, lo and behold it fitted and a size smaller than I was expecting.

I also find now getting in and out of bed is easier as big tummy is not in the way any more.,its all good

Chris

@@madferitchick

Thanks for sharing your journey and progress!! As someone who is still working toward my procedure it is nice to read what to expect. Keep the updates coming!! You're doing great!!

how I feel daily; never thought i'd have enough courage to bare my soul on a forum like this, but the only place where many people are the same as me. I decided to try this out. I have nutrician appt coming up next week. I have to wait according to insurance till Jan after completing my classes. I am ready. Take it al in. Finally can look at myself and tell this ol'girl hey you deserve a new begining in your later forties to give yourself a better quality of life. I come from a family of eaters, family of health problems and I just need to look out for me. Well, i thank all of you out there who have helped me with this choice. It took a lot of before and afters, tears watching these videos and posts for me to say....Man girl, that is your life your story too......Thank you peeps wish me luck on this baby step journey to the final outcome.

Well done you must be so pleased ! Will think of you as I do my best to swim away some pounds in Cyprus next week

15 weeks today, 61lb down :-)

hair loss is horrible :-( been here before with a vlcd but still scary and desperately hoping it won't go on too long.

Otherwise feeling great and start with my personal trainer on Monday which I'm really looking forward to!

I'm almost at my wedding weight and my daughter is so excited as I've said I'll put my dress on to show her! She doesn't know I'm losing weight or about my surgery (she's only 4) but she asked me to show her my dress and I told her I would def do so by Xmas! I'm hoping it will be sooner than that though :-)

Hope everyone else is doing well and hope you had a good holiday @@chrisredjeep

Wow chick, You're doing brilliantly! You're first post could be written by me, almost identical! I'm hoping to have my op in November, here in the UK, I can only hope for your success & that it goes as smoothly as yours.

I'm sorry about your hair loss :( is there anything you can do to counteract? My surgeon said that I'll be working with my dietician/nutritionist to try to stop the Hair loss, maybe you could talk to yours?

I'll totally be following this thread & cheering you on while I wait for my surgery.... yay, go Madferitchickadee!! :D

I can't believe I am almost four months out from surgery, it is crazy how quickly the time has gone!

I had a stall last week, which was frustrating but I lost 3lb this week so that's cool :-)

I started with my personal trainer last week and so far I am loving it! I feel great after my sessions, despite having some very sore muscles lol! It has also exacerbated a few niggles I had with my shoulder and hip, so I have seen a chiropractor which really helped and I am going back again tomo. It's made me think of the physical impact of losing weight. Just like putting weight on, it takes a bit of adjusting for your body to get used to it, and that can cause a few niggles in the process. It's made me reflect on how much easier life is now at 15 and a half stone compared with my highest weight of 20 stone 9lbs!

I had a spa day today. It was lovely, albeit short as I had to do it between the school run. I had a back massage and a facial, a nice lunch (ate the filling out of the sandwich provided) and a relax. I love spa days, but usually I don't have any treatments, mainly because I worried about being too big for the treatment beds and also what the therapists would think of me when they saw me undressed. So I guess it was a bit of a non scale victory that I felt confident enough to have not just one treatment, but two! I also did 30 mins swimming, which I really enjoyed. I used to be a competitive swimmer but gave it up as a teenager. Usually if I go to a spa or somewhere I will relax in the pool but not do any proper swimming, but today I really enjoyed doing it :-)

hair loss is still horrific :-( trying really hard not to obsess about it. I've just ordered some dermmatch from Amazon to try and help disguise it. Will report back on how good it is.

@@inkie good to have another Brit along for the ride! Do you have a surgery date yet? Are u private or waiting for nhs? Good luck either way, best thing you could do for yourself :-)

Hi back from holiday in Cyprus and happy to say I lost weight whilst there ! Three stone thinner than when I visited in May too. So glad I had this surgery. It's great to see that you are flying along with your weight loss. I am slow but steady so I'm hoping this will continue. Dined out last night but took a container with me and brought home what I did not eat. Might as well get the value as you are paying for it! So far I have stayed away from sweet stuff and no alcohol has passed my lips since early July. Never thought I would say it but not bothered if I ever have it again.

All the best to you and any other UK sleeves reading this