Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From the 3s to the 2s

Hello I wanted to know how long it took some of you to get out of the 3s? Specifically asking those who did not have to do a pre op diet and weighed 340+? Because I'm almost 1 month post op and I still need to lose 22 more pounds before I get to 299. I started at 342 lbs. I know everyone is different but please answer because I could use a little motivation right now.

I am currently in the 2's. It took me 2 months but everyone is different. I was 315 and have lost 44lbs in 2 months total. Just keep doing what you are doing and things will happen naturally. I am currently at a slow down but that has happened several times. i will lose about 5 lbs in a week and then the next week I wont lose an ounce. The human body tries to preserve itself when it thinks it is being starved.

@@Bonawanabfree, thanks for responding and your support. I guess I just get emotional because my weight seems slow to lose and I don't have anyone else to talk to because my family seems to be sick of hearing about my surgery.

The day of surgery I was 382 from 439.Now I'm 297 and 5 months out!

My highest weight was 330.

My surgery date was May 11, so I'm not quite a month post op, but I've been stalled weight loss wise for about a week and a half.

I am currently 289.

Every body is different! Let the surgery do its work and you keep doing your part!

I've lost over 40 lbs in less than 2 months. Highest was 335.

About to make my 2 mos mark on 6/8, and still need to lose 9 lbs to get below 300 lbs. I doubt it will happen for me by then. SW 342, CW 308.4

I started at 259, so you may not want my response. I have found there are times when I have lost more quickly than others. Just keep at it. You are doing wonderfully! I'm sure your doc will be pleased!!

I started at 341 and had surgery April 29th. I am only weighing myself once a week but last Friday I was 303. So close!

We all have had times where we felt the weight wasn't coming off fast enough, but just remember that your body is still adjusting to your new eating habits and the surgery. Also give yourself a pat on your back because you already took a big step with having the surgery now just keep pushing forward and follow your plan.