Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to work blues

Hi all I am back to work tomorrow does anyone have any tips on easy foods to take for lunches or dealing with fatigue.

Fatigue is something I am really suffering with at the moment even though I am 7 weeks out, so I will try anything at this stage. I have had a B12 injection aa this was low but that was a week ago and I feel no better.

Wow! You had a nice long time at home! Just be thankful that you were allowed that long at home to heal! I went back to work after a week!

You are a couple of weeks ahead of me, but I usually take some chicken salad or hummus for lunch, and cheese and Protein shakes and bars for snack!

Going back to work really helped me get back on track and start to feel somewhat normal again! Good luck!

My works insurance wouldn't cover me until I had been for my 6 week check up and I did have some problems which landed me in the hospital which didn't help.

Thanks for the ideas I am just hoping my fatigue levels are not going to cause me any problems.

I like those flavored salmon packets, I find them where I find the tuna, as well as tuna salad, chicken salad, or light thin sliced deli meat with a laughing cow wedge. I eat them all with a portion (5) of whole wheat crackers (crackers were approved by my nut). I also pack snack things like the light baby bell cheese, no sugar added fruit cups, boiled eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese with sugar free jelly, hummus, Protein drinks/bars, low fat Jerky.

Good luck going back to work! I went back at 4 weeks and was still feeling extra fatigued and was not ready to go back mentally at all. I deal with chronic fatigue anyways though so it wasn't anything new. =) But it didn't take me long to get back into the groove of things. You will do great!

Thanks I really appreciate it. Do you take anything to help with fatigue? ?

I mostly try to be rigorous about taking my Vitamins, Iron, B12, etc and that seems to help somewhat. I also drink a cup of warm tea in the mornings, with some stevia.

You could try going to bed a little earlier, or taking power naps at lunch. Make sure to get a source of Protein at Breakfast. I am not back to work yet, but do plan on yogurt, SF Jello, laughing cow cheese, deli meats, chicken salad, nuts, Protein Bar or shakes.

Thanks I am in bed for 9pm and with working in a busy office with client interaction I couldn't take a nap even if I wanted to. I will try everyone's ideas though

I get that too, fatigue isn't always a lack of sleep issue. Good luck!

Blondiebabs what do you do to help

I really wish I could. Any other tips are welcomed though

Getting some sunshine helped my fatigue as well as making sure I was getting my Protein in. Good luck