Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post fear I may be losing too fast

It will slow down.. trust.

Yes this is true. But it depends on the person. I started off with a BMI over 60 and a net weight of 400+ pounds so I think I will continue to shed at a more rapid weight than someone starting off with a BMI of 40. Plus adding exercise (long brisk walks) helps too. It will be very interesting to see where I am in 90 days. Im pretty excited and motivated thus far!

Plus if it doesnt slow down I would weigh 0 pounds at the end of 4 months ;)

I started at 314.. it still will slow down.. some people lose it all in 6 months.. others take 18 months.. I'm just saying that you wont' continue to lose 40 pounds a month. I've lost 40 in 2 months.. and workout very rigorously..

Let me clarify my post...

Yes, it will slow down. This is a biological fact. However, the rate at which it slows is dependent upon nutrition intake, exercise and starting BMI (some even say attitude). Im not disagreeing with anyone that says it will slow down. There is no doubt whatsoever about this. Im just stating the rate of decline will be different for everyone.

I dont expect nor would I want to loose at my current rate forever as I would soon be invisible in less than 5 months ;)

Edited by scrosler

It will slow down.. trust.

Yes this is true. But it depends on the person. I started off with a BMI over 60 and a net weight of 400+ pounds so I think I will continue to shed at a more rapid weight than someone starting off with a BMI of 40. Plus adding exercise (long brisk walks) helps too. It will be very interesting to see where I am in 90 days. Im pretty excited and motivated thus far!

Plus if it doesnt slow down I would weigh 0 pounds at the end of 4 months ;)

I started at 314.. it still will slow down.. some people lose it all in 6 months.. others take 18 months.. I'm just saying that you wont' continue to lose 40 pounds a month. I've lost 40 in 2 months.. and workout very rigorously..

Let me clarify my post...

Yes, it will slow down. This is a biological fact. However, the rate at which it slows is dependent upon nutrition intake, exercise and starting BMI (some even say attitude). Im not disagreeing with anyone that says it will slow down. There is no doubt whatsoever about this. Im just stating the rate of decline will be different for everyone.

I dont expect nor would I want to loose at my current rate forever as I would soon be invisible in less than 5 months ;)

Geesh.. yes, that is what I was saying anyway.. the OP says he is worried about the rate of loss.. I'm not sure why you think I am talking directly to you, @@scrosler, I was commenting to the OP.. but Ok. :)

Geesh.. yes, that is what I was saying anyway.. the OP says he is worried about the rate of loss.. I'm not sure why you think I am talking directly to you, @@scrosler, I was commenting to the OP.. but Ok. :)

I thought you were talking to me because you quoted my post. Just like I quoted your post you knew I was talking to you. Generally when you quote someones post you are usually referring to them and not the OP. Sorry, maybe I have just been on Forums too long, lol. I run a tech forum with 10,000+ users and we are very picky about the way we quote and direct messages. My bad!

But yes, we are saying the same thing B)

Edited by scrosler

I thought you were talking to me because you quoted my post. Just like I quoted your post you knew I was talking to you. Generally when you quote someones post you are usually referring to them and not the OP. Sorry, maybe I have just been on Forums too long, lol. I run a tech forum with 10,000+ users and we are very picky about the way we quote and direct messages. My bad!

I replied cause you quoted my post first.. and sort of seemed like you were disagreeing with me, so I was confused in the first place. :)

I replied cause you quoted my post first.. and sort of seemed like you were disagreeing with me, so I was confused in the first place. :)

Oh no, I was not disagreeing with you at all. I was just pointing out that the rate of decline will be different for each person. I was agreeing with you. The first line of my post was "This is true." Cant agree with someone any more than that now can you ;)

Oh no, I was not disagreeing with you at all. I was just pointing out that the rate of decline will be different for each person. I was agreeing with you. The first line of my post was "This is true." Cant agree with someone any more than that now can you ;)

Alright.

Great work OP.... Nothing to worry about. I am sure you have started slowing down. be prepared for the week 3 stall. congrats thus far! keep up the great work!

Joshua Barbour,

If your biggest concerns throughout your WLS journey end up being that you lost weight too fast and you didn’t have any acid reflux and barely any nausea…we’re all jealous!

No, you’re not necessarily losing weight too fast. You’re having a dream scenario, so far. As long as your surgeon is happy and you’re feeling fine, you’re doing fine.

Just a caution: since you are feeling so good, you might be tempted to rush things – like speed through the liquid diet or pureed foods phase. Don’t give in to temptation! These early stages give your body a chance to heal, and that’ll let you keep losing weight fast. Don’t risk eating solids too early and giving yourself a chronic problem that sets back your weight loss.

Congratulations on your great experience so far…hope it continues! Keep us posted.

I had surgery with Dr Lopez On 03/02/15 and i started at 295 I am now down to 222 as of today. I have not started working out yet and did not follow the diet very well. I drive a truck, so I am limited to things that go in a cooler and keep. ton of beef jerkey and protine shakes keep me going. I dont think your losing too fast though. I lost about 55 my first month.

I was sleeved on May 4th, starting weight was 407,, and as of right now, I'm down to 384, in 6 days. That is of course only drinking Protein Shakes, and Clear Liquids (which have consisted of Water, and diluted cranberry cherry juice since Ive never been able to tolerate fake sugars), so I'm sure it'll slow down once I'm on pureed foods

Edited by dsuslavi

I lost 30 lbs in the the 1st 2 weeks and 80 over the next 5 1/2 months. Be happy and rejoice in it!!! because one day you will complain about stalling, no weight loss or low weight loss!! Enjoy your journey!!!

This too shall pass!!

Unlike most ppl , I do not want to lose weight too quickly.. Rapid weight loss= loose skin. I was sleeved on may 6th.. Waiting until my 3 week post op to weigh. Anyone else with me?

I remember reading that It takes your skin 2-3 months to adjust every time you lose weight, so losing at a slower pace can help you in some regards. I found this to be true. There would be times my skin would look horrific and a month or so later, would snap back into place. Most of us lose rapidly in the beginning, but things slow down over time. I considered myself a somewhat slow loser the entire time, but I think that was in part because I started out at a lower BMI. I'm now at goal weight (95 pounds lost) and have very little loose skin except on my abdomen. Several other factors determine how much extra skin you will have. Genetics, how long you were over weight and how much you were overweight probably have the biggest impact.