Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi, I know this sounds crazy but I just wanted to see if I get any feed back on any one that might of done the same thing I did 3 days post op, eating solid food, I did and now I'm in pain. my left side hurt and I feel like I have a huge ball in the pit of my stomach. Any help anything I can do to relieve the pain and get rid of this feeling?..any help will be appreciated. Have I done any damage to the proceedure?..

The best thing you can do is to call your doctor and tell them what happened. Your doctor is in the best position to help you deal with the aftereffects of what's been done or (more likely, perhaps) help you through your present discomfort and give you peace of mind.

thanks, the pain has gone away, I read that popcicles help so I eat them, it has made a huge differeance, I stoped trying to eat food kept on with my liquids and I feel a lot better, I do have gas but being active and taking the milanta or gas meds help a lot,. thanks for your responds, I've got a doc visit tomorrow so hope all goes well

You're brave! Haha I wanted food so bad and the hunger pains were uncontrollable. I stuck to an all liquid diet for about 3 weeks but around 2 weeks I made the mistake of getting too comfortable and ate a piece of string cheese. Just literally, ONE bite off of it and chewed it really good. I had a huge rock/knot feeling in my stomach all night and in the morning, I was really nauseous. I could barely drink for about 2 days. My best advice is to wait 24 to 48 hours and go to all liquids (sip slowly) and if that doesn't resolve it, phone your doctor.