Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating off plan-ok, cheating- 5 days post op

Thanks, and of course I have a therapist, and I plan to fully disclose at our appt on Tues (first time I will see her since the surgery). I don't think I could talk about it so freely if I didn't. I mean, look, I'm not talking about like a large amount of food here. And, I mean, it's not like I can be the first person experiencing this, right?!

Also, don't worry about me physically because I totally would never let myself get that out of control. Right, though I get what ya'll are saying, and thank you for your concern.

Sounds out of control already....like several others have said already...seek help as soon as you can before you seriously hurt yourself.

True - they operate on our stomachs not our brains.

Are you trying to kill yourself?

It is an internal organ - vital for your survival - not a picnic basket.

I think this is great advice, not just for this post for a new-sleever but all of us. It made me chuckle a little bit, but is very true.

Really? What kind of support is this? Do I seem suicidal to you? Well, I'm not. What I am, however, is struggling. Sorry you were the picture of perfection before and after surgery.

Really? What kind of support is this? Do I seem suicidal to you? Well, I'm not. What I am, however, is struggling. Sorry you were the picture of perfection before and after surgery.

No, not suicidal. But I think placing yourself in very real danger of an "accidental overdose". And, yes, people do die this way. They are so driven by their addiction, they fail to see the possible consequences of their action. For them, it might be "just a few more pills won't hurt and I'll feel better" not realizing this could be the time that pushes them into an overdose. For you, continuing as you are risks the very real possibility of food getting trapped in your suture line and becoming infected among other things.

There are very real consequences to giving in to your addiction so early after surgery. You wouldn't do it on purpose but it can happen. And really this is a battle you want and need to win for the surgery to be successful in the long run.

Therapy for me has been the key. I'm not perfect by any means but I understand the connections and it helps. Besides you get to talk about yourself for an hour and someone has to listen!

Take it a day at a time. Work on making just today a good day.

No, it seems more like a lack of willpower. Yes, we All had issues with the way we ate before surgery, that is why we got to where we were. The surgery is not a magic pill that will automatically make you "skinny" or change your mindset towards food. It is something you have to fight for. The diet plans given to us by our Drs. And NUTs. are a comprehensive plan to help with healing both our physical and mental outlook. The early stages are to help with not only the healing from surgery, but, also to start to detox our body from the sugar dependants we became accustom to. If you stick to the plan to a T you will find that over time you will change the way you look at all food not just the "bad foods".

It is a process and not an overnight fix. It is a battle everytime you have a craving. Eventually the cravings become fewer and farther apart.

Nobody on here is saying they are perfect, but, are truly worried for your safety and success on this journey. We have all slipped up one way or another and have heard of tragic things that happen to people who have not done "the right things" so we pass on our wisdom to the newbies so they do not fall into the same situations. Don't take their advise so defensively but with an open mind, one day you to will be a "veteran" at this and pass on your wisdom to the newbies then and this will be one of those situations you can pass on first-hand experience about. Good luck, be stronger than the temptations, you can do this!

haha I know the struggle is real, I've had more complications from this surgery then you would want to imagine...TRUST ME you don't have a clue what can happen to you if you keep leting your head steer you in the wrong direction.

I wasn't calling you sucidal but what you are doing to yourself- dare I say stupid, grow up and remembeber why you had this surgery

To the original poster, I want you to understand that the bariatric veterans on this forum speak with many months of experience of introducing different foods to their new tummy, just like when a newborn becomes a toddler, then pre-school, grown enough to try anything. The progressions are established with good reasons, and following the plan your team gave you will provide you with a successful recovery and weight loss.

I think I can speak for everyone of the forum by telling you that we just want to be strong in resisting temptation and do well with the progressive program that was given to you. The difference in tone in our comments is based on our upbringings and personal experience in our bariatric journeys. My basic point is that opinions and tact will vary, but we wish you well.

Boy are people bossy and arrogant. Like all of a sudden we're a bunch of skinny little experts who can judge and shame other people on these forums? No shit she shouldn't be eating that stuff. We all slip up. I just had a bite of a sandwich dipped in beef broth. Better call the fat police.

I'm here for you, @justbeingme1972! No judgment or "better than you" bullshit or attitude.

:D

Geezus.

Sorry you're struggling. Get back on track. Time passes fast &-you'll be able to eat solid foods again. But not now. I'm 5 months post op &-have lost 100 lbs. You can too. It's probably the hardest thing you've ever done. It was for me but YOU CAN DO IT!!

Boy are people bossy and arrogant. Like all of a sudden we're a bunch of skinny little experts who can judge and shame other people on these forums? No **** she shouldn't be eating that stuff. We all slip up. I just had a bite of a sandwich dipped in beef broth. Better call the fat police.

I'm here for you, @justbeingme1972! No judgment or "better than you" bullshit or attitude.

:D

There are definitely some "food police" on this forum, but I think that most of the harsh responses on this particular thread were out of genuine concern for the original poster's health. Does everyone slip up and eat off plan at some point in their journey? Probably. But eating solid foods immediately post-op can have real and serious consequences that put a patient's health at risk. The tone was probably harsher than it needed to be, but my gut reaction when I read this post was just to freak out that this poor person might be doing herself bodily injury. I wasn't being judgey. I was in a true panic for her well-being.

Fair enough! I am 10 days post-op and not in the best mood. On Valium and Tramadol and hungry. Forgive my bad mood too. :D

I hope now you're doing better, look for suppert on your medical team, nutritionist and if it is necessary…a therapist, because what you have is mental hunger.

Stop! You are endangering yourself eating that way!!! You just had a pretty serious surgery and your tummy isn't ready for regular foods. Stick to the plan! Be patient. Before you know it you'll be healed and will be able to eat roast beef.

Fair enough! I am 10 days post-op and not in the best mood. On Valium and Tramadol and hungry. Forgive my bad mood too. :D

Your on Valium and your mood is still not good?! Shoot, the one time I took it I was pleased as peaches! ☺️????????