Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good bye, my love

I've always loved McDonalds sausage egg McMuffin. For years I would often stop and grab Breakfast at ye Golden Arches and savor the lovely McMuffin during my commute. Ah, it may have been true love.

So, having just passed my 3 month post surgery anniversary and having lost 73 lbs, I decided to return to my love for a special treat. I'd reward myself with a warm, soft, Sausage Egg McMuffin.

As I held her in anticipation, breathing in her delicious aroma, I was taken back to so many lovely early morning encounters. I didn't waste any time and began to savor the deliciousness.

It started well. So good. Mmmmm. Then things started to not go so well. I started feeling something stirring below... and it wasn't pleasant.

Before I could get halfway through the anticipated act, I was feeling nauseated. I had to pull over and then it happened.

I threw up. Like 4 times. My old love lay discarded in a random parking lot. I knew then that it was truly over between us.

LOL! You're a great writer. Thanks for sharing, it definitely made me laugh. Not at you, of course. :)

I miss that sausage, egg and cheese combination, too, but now I make up a large batch of scrambled eggs, sausage , shredded cheese, onions, peppers, and mushrooms. I put this liquid concoction in muffin tins (with cupcake papers) and bake it. They freeze and reheat well, and one is just enough for my Breakfast. Plus they would travel well for the working person.

Who knows, maybe a tall drink of Water will come into your life; like a svelte, tail-swishing trout almondine, or a beefy, mouthwatering hunk of (dare I say it?) beefcake...NO, that's for ME!!! Yes, I can see a new "love" in your future, you sly devil!!!

Who knows, maybe a tall drink of Water will come into your life; like a svelte, tail-swishing trout almondine, or a beefy, mouthwatering hunk of (dare I say it?) beefcake...NO, that's for ME!!! Yes, I can see a new "love" in your future, you sly devil!!!

Haha... yeah. My little McMuffin was just no good for me. I was once "Lovin' it"... now not so much. I think I'll date around the food world a little more. Maybe my soulmate is a smooth chocolate Protein Shake (although so far they all just taste fake!).

Oh, I KNOW!!! All those "artificial" dreams, always letting you down, never satisfying on any scale..... Where, oh where is the one who can satisfy ALL desires? So many are just...lacking, know what I mean?

I agree, it has to be the bread. I get sick to my stomach every time I try bread or Buns. One bite and it pretty much ruins my meal. I can however have a piece of toast with no problem. I very rarely ever do that though.

The only way that I can eat bread is to toast it and eat it dry.....YUK!!! So I dont eat bread anymore. But I can eat a cracker....hello triscuit!!!!

Three months is too soon. The volume is too much and probably led to dumping. I am 2 years post-op from RNY surgery, and I can eat an egg sausage mcmuffin (by itself). But I am at the borderline for volume, and another bit would probably put me over.

OMG!!! Smoothazz when I read your post I almost fell out my chair!! you were describing me. You see I too had a "Love Affair" with the sausage egg mcmuffin, every morning on my way to work I would stop by the drive through and order not 1 but 2 of them, I would then park in the parking lot and proceed to remove the top part of the muffin always (I never ate both top and bottom muffin cause it was too much bread I thought)and every single bite I took of that sandwich I enjoyed. The first bite was like heaven in my mouth, that's how hooked I was on those little things. They would serve as my breakfast/lunch, after I ate them I was good till dinner. But like you, I had surgery this past January and as of two weeks ago I had not even been back to McDonalds, but two Saturdays ago my son had an early baseball game and he asked me to stop so he can get Breakfast so I did. Well as I was standing at the line ordering, some crazy notion came over me, I thought wow what would it feel like to eat one of those little pieces of heaven again, what harm could it do really especially since I have been good for almost 3 months now, needless to say I ordered one, this time I took off both muffins and ate only the egg, meat, and some of the cheese. Well to end this story, I have to tell you that I ate about 3 bites and I had to stop. Gone was the feeling of happiness I used to get when I would eat them, unlike you it did not make me sick but, I did not find it delish anymore, I had to end my Love Affair of so many years right then and there. Thank You so much for sharing your story, to me it's quite funny that we had this in common ;)

It's a tragedy! But for the best in the long run.

Just change her name to "Chuck" in your contacts, and give her a call later on down the road [emoji57]