Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 19th band to sleeve-surgery buddy?

Hi, I am getting a band to sleeve revision on May 19th in Austin, Tx with Dr. Fass. When I was banded (2001), I didn't have a support group, surgery buddy, etc. Is anyone having a revision interested in being surgery buddies? I am not sharing this surgery with many people, so it would be nice to have someone to talk with about all the ups and downs.

My revision is May 21st..... happy to have a buddy! Lisa

My revision is May 18th! I'm in Dallas, I'll be your surgery buddy!

My revision is May 21st..... happy to have a buddy! Lisa

Sounds great! About to start my pre op diet on Tues. We can do this!!!!

we will both do great! Pre op diet starts this wk.

Nice to have buddies in this process. Are both of you have band removal and sleeve at the same time? I start all liquids tomorrow! Lets kick butt!

This is exciting......lets get this going!

Hi buddies! For MsGal, yes I am getting band to sleeve in one surgery. Am nervous about the scar tissue that has to be surrounding my 14 yr old band (especially with all the throwing up I have done over the years)!

I started the pre op diet yesterday. Mine is <30 g of carbs, >70 g of Protein. Nothing fried, etc. I didn't think it would be that hard because I have done low carb diets in the past, but the carb count was a lot higher. It is SUPER hard and I feel very tired and it is only day 2! How are you guys doing if you have started the pre op diet?

Hi Shay,

Yes I've started my pre-op, mine consists of 2 Protein shakes and a low fat meal. I must admit, I have cheated.

How is everyone doing this week? Down 11 lbs so far with my pre op diet. I totally ate everything I could before I started the pre op diet so I was up a few lbs to start it. How are your nerves? I think I will be okay until day before surgery, then it becomes REAL. praying for all of us to come through with flying colors.

Hey ladies...... I have been going 3-4 shakes and a lean Protein and salad. only down a few lbs so far but have til next Thursday the 21st. What are your dates again? So ready to get this done.

Lisa

My surgery is Tues the 19th.

Hi there! I would love to join this little support group. I'm having revision from band to sleeve on May 29th. I live in Minnesota and looking forward to connecting with others going through this journey...near and far. :)

Awesome.... We are all going through the same thing at the same time. So praying that this is the BEST decision EVER. I believe it will be! Lisa

Hi there! I would love to join this little support group. I'm having revision from band to sleeve on May 29th. I live in Minnesota and looking forward to connecting with others going through this journey...near and far. :)

Good luck to the 18th revisioners! Keep us posted! I go in Tuesday. Not looking forward to liquids only tomorrow. We can do this, we can do this!